SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Mavs....and Stu!

Wilbur

27 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Agreed.
And it's not like he wasn't given a chance to play here at UND.  He played in 28 games as a freshman and 24 as a sophomore.  He then transferred to UNO and played in 23 games the first year and 24 the next.  He actually played in less games in his first two seasons at UNO than in his first two seasons at UND.

I recall a recent series in Omaha when he was unimpressive--last year possibly.    Unimpressive with attitude.  

It comes down clearly to this team not winning. It feels like this coaching staff is adding insult to injury by stunting development of young talented players in lue of veteran, very average players. Not just in who is in the line-up, but also situations and playing time. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think it had more to do with team success than farmer tbh, I’ve seen farmer play this year. UMASS is struggling this year really bad, so the -1 isn’t that bad. I mean he leads their team in pts (from the point) all while having one of the best +\- on his team. -1 would be really good on our team…go take a looksy  :) 

HAHA that last point is fair and I knew it was coming. -1 is pretty bad when you have 27 points, honestly. When I heard UND was looking at Farmer, I watched A LOT of stuff on him and he was almost always partnered with Morrow. He was a major cog in Morrow's success. He allowed Morrow to be special inside the zone and was always getting back in position to cover for it. 

Anyway, I don't really wanna keep talking about this haha. Looking forward to this weekend and hopefully we can get back to scoring some goals.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, burd said:

I recall a recent series in Omaha when he was unimpressive--last year possibly.    Unimpressive with attitude.  

JohnnyTy is a squirrel: Easily distracted, and once that happens he's off his game. 

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He played in fewer. ;)  

Fewer is countable things; less is for volumetric or non-countable things: You put less coffee in the filter when you want to make fewer cups. 

The preceding was a sponsored grammar injection from the @MafiaMan/ @Blackheart School. We now return you to your prior hockey discussion. 

Fine, fine.  He played in lesser games.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bet Johnny Tychonick will play pretty well this series.

I always liked the offensive side of his game but he saw the writing on the wall and chose to leave rather than compete for a spot.

Kierstad, JBD, Sanderson, Kleven, Frisch are all considerably better but he could have competed with Moore and Bast or maybe just Bast for the 6th spot as maybe we don't bring in Moore until the following season...can't remember the timing.

• Upvote 1