SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Ciskie had UMD #1 and UND #8, undoubtedly. 

Lol that was my first thought. But he did post his ballot. I believe he had UMD at 3 and UND at 5.

Another Duluth media guy, Matt Wellens, had UND at 2 and UMD at 5. 

So more evidence of mixed opinions on teams in this league lol. 

29 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lol that was my first thought. But he did post his ballot. I believe he had UMD at 3 and UND at 5.

Here's Ciskie's complete list:

https://kdal610.com/2023/09/12/8-thoughts-early-look-at-the-nchc/

I think he has SCSU and UMD both too high.

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

My feeling is how quickly we get the defense mirroring what we expect in UND defending.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Can’t wait until Sioux stomp Duluth…that miserable cluck will be beside himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Can’t wait until Sioux stomp Duluth…that miserable cluck will be beside himself.

Ciskie even put UND's ceiling/highest likely spot to finish as 3rd which really showed his colors of hatred for us even more. Even though we have more talent than Duluth this year, I never assume we will stomp them because they are so well coached and structured. But I do have a strong desire for Ciskie's tears so I'd love it, too. Although I'm sure he will just complain about reffing if we beat them. 

2 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Ciskie even put UND's ceiling/highest likely spot to finish as 3rd which really showed his colors of hatred for us even more. Even though we have more talent than Duluth this year, I never assume we will stomp them because they are so well coached and structured. But I do have a strong desire for Ciskie's tears so I'd love it, too. Although I'm sure he will just complain about reffing if we beat them. 

Ciskie complain?

image.jpeg.c572cc0db1ddde3c9ed8774eb4f6d7a1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

It's like going to a World of Outlaws event and winning hot laps. Like I told my daughter, no one wins a race in hot laps. It happens in the heat races, the dash and features. These poles are really meaningless. One could say that they're more fit to line a cat litter box. I know some of the UNO fans that I follow on X are not happy with the latest NCHC pre-season media poll. No one ever won a season in pre-season media poll. I am not convinced that DU is the best team either. I have a feeling this season is going to be a war. Maybe we have a surprise team emerge. I also like UND's chances this year. I don't think replacing all eight d-men was a bad thing. Get a fresh start. For whatever reason, I don't think last year's team jelled until they were out of the race. Too late. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Goon said:

It's like going to a World of Outlaws event and winning hot laps. Like I told my daughter, no one wins a race in hot laps. It happens in the heat races, the dash and features. These poles are really meaningless. One could say that they're more fit to line a cat litter box. I know some of the UNO fans that I follow on X are not happy with the latest NCHC pre-season media poll. No one ever won a season in pre-season media poll. I am not convinced that DU is the best team either. I have a feeling this season is going to be a war. Maybe we have a surprise team emerge. I also like UND's chances this year. I don't think replacing all eight d-men was a bad thing. Get a fresh start. For whatever reason, I don't think last year's team jelled until they were out of the race. Too late. 

Omaha fans feel like they are being slighted and whining about something, eh? Shocker.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Omaha fans feel like they are being slighted and whining about something, eh? Shocker.

I mean it is their entire personality outside of complaining about UND even when it has nothing to do with UND. A couple weeks ago they were complaining about UND while discussing a Huskers volleyball game. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't think replacing all eight d-men was a bad thing. Get a fresh start.

I don't either.  The people that are using that as a negative aspect to this year's team obviously didn't watch how horrible UND's overall team defense was last season...especially the early part of the year.  Part of that falls on the forwards as well, but getting a fresh start on D isn't a bad thing from where things started last year.  ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I don't either.  The people that are using that as a negative aspect to this year's team obviously didn't watch how horrible UND's overall team defense was last season...especially the early part of the year.  Part of that falls on the forwards as well, but getting a fresh start on D isn't a bad thing from where things started last year.  ;) 

I panicked about this for like a day and then when I really thought about it more I decided it was the best thing that could’ve happened to this team. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

There’s a couple of St. Cloud guys with a podcast and they picked Duluth to finish 7th. 

34 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

There’s a couple of St. Cloud guys with a podcast and they picked Duluth to finish 7th. 

Same guys who said our weakness will be at forward and only mentioned who left our D-corps and not who came in when discussing that as a weakness, as well haha

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Same guys who said our weakness will be at forward and only mentioned who left our D-corps and not who came in when discussing that as a weakness, as well haha

Yep! Those two clowns! Ironically, one of them lives in North Dakota and never misses an opportunity to take digs at UND.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They also thought that we just brought in some scrubs and that Zmolek missed last season because he wasn't good enough at Mankato, not because of his injury.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I don’t care if opposing fans want to talk crap about UND, but it’d be great if they weren’t clueless while doing it. 

Precisely. At least be MODERATELY knowledgeable lol.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I think it’s safe to say that Nodak will have big ups and downs to start the year. The talent is clearly there.

The talent, even on the back end, is pretty evident. Honestly, I feel like we could mesh quickly with the type of leadership that we brought in on the back end. Been hearing nothing but absolute positives regarding some of the new guys on D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

They also thought that we just brought in some scrubs and that Zmolek missed last season because he wasn't good enough at Mankato, not because of his injury.

Hahaha yep. If I had rolled my eyes any harder when they said that, I would have lost them to the back of my head haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Not sure when the podcast was recorded and when UND updated bio’s, but Zmolek’s bio on the UND website literally says he missed all last season due to injury. I’m not sure how they don’t know this. It is well documented - I even knew prior to his transfer. 

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha yep. If I had rolled my eyes any harder when they said that, I would have lost them to the back of my head haha

I’ve been listening to each of their NCHC team profiles discussions and sometimes they do provide insightful info but yah, with the UND podcast, you would’ve thought UND had brought in 8 new D men from beer league, the way they described it. 

• Upvote 1