SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-8, 0-1) vs NDSU (3-11, 0-2) 12/30 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

8 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

They have only won 1 division 1 game !!! Fire Sather immediately! Danielson running the point tonight. All new line up . Trent doesn't play until 7 minutes to go in first half.  If we don't Fire Sather we lose our few stars we have next year 

Everyone that is good is going to leave if Sather stays the whole season. Nobody wants to play for him. It’s clear as day. Changing the starters every game. No consistent lineups. Not playing our most talented players. Putting the dumbest lineups ever assembled on the floor at all times. I can keep going and going and going. It’s pathetic. We will lose our only hope for the future in Omot, Eaglestaff, and Brooks

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, homer said:

The next step for basketball is a hell of a lot different than the next step for football.  Not even a comparison. 

What should happen and what will happen - for both programs - are two different things. Need to get on the same page for success and good things to start happening for UND athletics. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Everyone that is good is going to leave if Sather stays the whole season. Nobody wants to play for him. It’s clear as day. Changing the starters every game. No consistent lineups. Not playing our most talented players. Putting the dumbest lineups ever assembled on the floor at all times. I can keep going and going and going. It’s pathetic. We will lose our only hope for the future in Omot, Eaglestaff, and Brooks

When your say dumbest lineups ever.... Are you including bringing in REID f'n GRANT when your down 25 in the second half to your rival?

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Despite UND's struggles how stupid is it for the conference to schedule these games over Christmas break. 

Agreed. The rivalry games should occur when school is in session.

Very annoying that the biggest draw on a home schedule occurs when all but the hardest core folks are traveling and/or enjoying time with family. 

Think it could be solved with a couple "protected" teams for each school. Meaning NDSU doesn't play UND/SDSU over break. Ditto for UND or whatever.  

Oh well. I'm not the boss.

• Upvote 2

I have been a big backer of Sather and the staff... last night was embarrassing. There really wasn't anything to be positive about for 40 minutes.

I'm sure he is just as disappointed as everyone else. Let's see if they can rebound from this.

Last night was a big opportunity for the program to gain some traction with fans and deliver a much needed win against the bison who have been struggling... and they totally whiffed, players and coaches. Dang it!!

9 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

And after that performance not many will be coming back to watch again this season.

If I lived in town I would attend anyway

i like to watch how other coaches and players are reacting to the game and  what the vibe on the bench is or isn’t and where the AD is hiding 

14 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

when i saw the starting lineup i knew this was gonna up bad..............danielson as a point forward?  did anyone at the heraldo ask why jalun sat the first 10 minutes?  why nero in the first half off the bench but reid at the end...playing almost the entire roster? we almost had two 5 second calls bc our guy was dribbling the ball in the lane with his back to hoop like a 5th grade ybl kid not knowing what's going on...

and chaves needs to get his ass into that club room and the big donors and press the flesh...just sat there texting ...total joke

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when i saw the starting lineup i knew this was gonna up bad..............danielson as a point forward?  did anyone at the heraldo ask why jalun sat the first 10 minutes?  why nero in the first half off the bench but reid at the end...playing almost the entire roster? we almost had two 5 second calls bc our guy was dribbling the ball in the lane with his back to hoop like a 5th grade ybl kid not knowing what's going on...

and chaves needs to get his ass into that club room and the big donors and press the flesh...just sat there texting ...total joke

And people were mad that people were questioning some of the rotations early in the year. How many different starting lineups have we had this year? Brooks is the only one that was hurt for a few games I think? What player knows where they stand in the rotation? What player even knows what role they play? Do they even have roles? Team is an absolute mess and it starts with coaching 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

They must have asked the question in the presser after the game because Sather addressed it.  Said they are the only team in the country right now playing 10+.