SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-8, 0-1) vs NDSU (3-11, 0-2) 12/30 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

33 minutes ago, homer said:

They must have asked the question in the presser after the game because Sather addressed it.  Said they are the only team in the country right now playing 10+. 

Hence the reason we are one of the worst teams in all of D1 basketball. I tried to say this at the beginning of the year that they need to figure out an 8 man rotation and I was crucified for it on this forum.
How can the assistant coaches just sit there and watch Sather self destruct like this?

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m sure he could. If I was the other team though, I wouldn’t guard him outside the paint and maybe even hack-a-Shaq him. 

I wouldn’t guard him outside the paint either. But if you put Norman, Eaglestaff, Omot, and TT around him it doesn’t matter. 4 guys that can shoot the ball and spread the floor and let Jalun create. Pick and pop with TT. Drive and kick to Norman and Eaglestaff. Omot create off the dribble. Why have we never seen that lineup??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Because in Sather’s eyes Danielson is the star player on the team. Danielson is a good role player. 10 minutes a game nothing more. 

him and kk on the football team...your weakest link you've know he's a wink link and you can't find someone to transfer in or recruit from juco's to GET THEM OFF THE COURT/FIELD.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

him and kk on the football team...your weakest link you've know he's a wink link and you can't find someone to transfer in or recruit from juco's to GET THEM OFF THE COURT/FIELD.

I really don’t think this comparison is fair to Danielson. He’s a fine serviceable player. Should he be our starting ball handler? No. But he does some things really well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I really don’t think this comparison is fair to Danielson. He’s a fine serviceable player. Should he be our starting ball handler? No. But he does some things really well. 

NOPE. he should've been a one year gap filler when he came in...three years later he's still playing and the results show it....same with kk...he sucks.

Until we get ball movement, our outside shooting will stay in the basement where it is.  That makes it tough when we have no inside threat. 3 point shooters need setup - whether inside out, slash and dish, or quick pass on reversal.  We don’t do any of those things well and it shows…. Norman and Eaglestaff could knock down some outside shots if set up by a playmaker but that doesn’t seem to be in our repertoire…

2 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

Until we get ball movement, our outside shooting will stay in the basement where it is.  That makes it tough when we have no inside threat. 3 point shooters need setup - whether inside out, slash and dish, or quick pass on reversal.  We don’t do any of those things well and it shows…. Norman and Eaglestaff could knock down some outside shots if set up by a playmaker but that doesn’t seem to be in our repertoire…

who would've gotten those two more quality open looks in the first 10 minutes of the game running the point?  danielson or jalun.  we had 5 points at the first media to.  game was already over before jalun even played.

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2022 at 6:42 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who would've gotten those two more quality open looks in the first 10 minutes of the game running the point?  danielson or jalun.  we had 5 points at the first media to.  game was already over before jalun even played.

I agree.  Would love to see him or Brooks with both Norman and Eaglestaff on the floor at the same time so we have a legitimate outside threat for a change.  Having 3 bricklayers on the 3 point line is clearly not an answer.  There is no question that everyone will give Jalen all kinds of space as he is clearly not a shooting threat at all - unfortunately including the free throw line…. But he can slash and if he can find our shooters or someone open on the base line, that would be a nice change.  The lineups haven’t made much sense, but I continue to believe there are some possibilities with this group if we learn to play together and get some damn ball movement for a change.  Our half court offense (or lack thereof) is hard to watch.

19 minutes ago, Kab said:

Let’s put bruns on the bench where he belongs this week

be interested in starting lineup and who finally steps up and wants to be a starter 

Bruns doesnt even start for South Dakota.  He is their sixth man.   I hope some posters are made too!  

1 minute ago, Kab said:

He started one of their last games 

I think he started a game or two when they had a starter hurt.  He hasnt had the best year.  He had way more opportunity here to play and be good .  That being said its because we are a worse team.