SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

8-3 would be a success because it would mean the team has improved and is clicking on all cylinders come playoff time (given they’re 2-2 right now), but a A LOT of work ahead for Bubba and staff to get UND to that record come playoff time. It doesn’t seem likely right now. 

Next two games are huge for direction of program. Close loss to NDSU isn’t good enough. 12-15 vs crowds of 10,000+ since 2016. This program does not have enough leadership or vision right now. Used to always say big players make big plays in big games, well Bubba and his staff certainly don’t make big coaching decisions in big games. 

With all that, this is also a recruiting issue. UND wasn’t even in the game from the start yesterday; SDSU was simply a bigger, physical, more talented team, but should we tolerate such a talent differential? No- no excuse. It’s Brookings SD vs Grand Forks ND. SDSU vs UND. No reason or excuse for such a talent and coaching differential. Plus this current team is senior-laden to make matters worse. 

Frustrating day yesterday.  

My opinion only but the USD results vs FU yesterday put more pressure on the staff than the SDSU loss.  Just looked really uninspired and lacked consistent effort  yesterday which is really the one thing we can control.  Plus, I agree with others that offensive game plan was questionable.  I get trying the QB run game after MSU had success with it but it was not working for us.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

8-3 would be a success because it would mean the team has improved and is clicking on all cylinders come playoff time (given they’re 2-2 right now), but a A LOT of work ahead for Bubba and staff to get UND to that record come playoff time. It doesn’t seem likely right now. 

Next two games are huge for direction of program. Close loss to NDSU isn’t good enough. 12-15 vs crowds of 10,000+ since 2016. This program does not have enough leadership or vision right now. Used to always say big players make big plays in big games, well Bubba and his staff certainly don’t make big coaching decisions in big games. 

With all that, this is also a recruiting issue. UND wasn’t even in the game from the start yesterday; SDSU was simply a bigger, physical, more talented team, but should we tolerate such a talent differential? No- no excuse. It’s Brookings SD vs Grand Forks ND. SDSU vs UND. No reason or excuse for such a talent and coaching differential. Plus this current team is senior-laden to make matters worse. 

100%

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Did Tommy get a new girlfriend?  or get married?  Something has changed...

nothing has changed on his side.........d coordinaters watch film and say "whelp this will be easy.....can't throw past 20 yards...stack that 20 yard box"....

what was the longest throw yesterday? klein?

1 hour ago, homer said:

the USD results vs FU yesterday put more pressure on the staff than the SDSU loss.

I agree. We had a crack at SDSU’s first loss and failed. No longer do we have the first crack at NDSU’s first loss because we were upstaged by our SD counterpart. Of the teams that really matter in our league, we are the last one to get over the NDSU hump. I’m sure that loss put NDSU on notice now, too.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nothing has changed on his side.........d coordinaters watch film and say "whelp this will be easy.....can't throw past 20 yards...stack that 20 yard box"....

what was the longest throw yesterday? klein?

Noodle arm can’t even throw it 20 yards. More like a 10 yard box we’re currently playing in

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Noodle arm can’t even throw it 20 yards. More like a 10 yard box we’re currently playing in

agreed....yesterday was unwatchable.......

on one series the ball went east and west about 70 yards over two plays to gain 3 yards north....

I said earlier, let’s give Feeney a go for a series or so and have more design QB runs for him (or our most dynamic running/passing qb). From that teams will not be certain if it will be run or pass. Pretty safe to say when Q is in thought is inside run or over thrown pass. Danny uses the talents of our other skill guys, do it for QB. 

Some said Tommy plans on coming back. If so Feeney may go or more at that position. 

I am off the ledge from yesterday, the next few weeks will see (to me) how we can coach up and adjust what we do for the rest of the season.

Need to beat NDSU or 7-4 may not be enough depending on how conference plays out.

4 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I said earlier, let’s give Feeney a go for a series or so and have more design QB runs for him (or our most dynamic running/passing qb). From that teams will not be certain if it will be run or pass. Pretty safe to say when Q is in thought is inside run or over thrown pass. Danny uses the talents of our other skill guys, do it for QB. 

Some said Tommy plans on coming back. If so Feeney may go or more at that position. 

I am off the ledge from yesterday, the next few weeks will see (to me) how we can coach up and adjust what we do for the rest of the season.

Need to beat NDSU or 7-4 may not be enough depending on how conference plays out.

nope...kills momentum for qb's when that crap happens....if you got 2 qb's you don't have 1.

if fenney takes over jerry is as good as gone.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nope...kills momentum for qb's when that crap happens....if you got 2 qb's you don't have 1.

if fenney takes over jerry is as good as gone.

I don't think Jerry will bolt over that. If he can't win the starting job after two years, maybe. But somehow I don't think that will happen.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't think Jerry will bolt over that. If he can't win the starting job after two years, maybe. But somehow I don't think that will happen.

different generation....kids can transfer and play it seems every year.... jt daniels for example

College

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

even crazier how little you think of his skill level after watching tommy two gloves.....

How does Tommy's performance say anything about Jerry? Friendly reminder to everybody, his obsession with Jerry stems from riding his bike by a random practice. 

• Upvote 1