SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-3) vs Cal-State Fullerton (4-2) 11/27 1PM (North Dakota MTE)

SWSiouxMN

Macro Thoughts:

-Best weekend of UND basketball since the USD games in 2021 (The Bentiu weekend)

-This team has made some very significant progress this week.  

-Winning non-conference record is very much in play.

Micro:

-The 2nd half gave us a real look of what this team can become.   That was the best half of basketball of the year on both sides of the ball.  They grinded out on defense long enough and then the offense took over.

-UND held two D1 teams to under 60 points this weekend.  The defense was scrappy and tough.  The improvement on that end of the floor is real.

-Best game for T in a UND uniform.  Was doing it on both ends of the floor and stepped outside hit some 3's.  18 and 8 is a good performance.  I hope that this is the game that allows him to take off.  

-Nice game from Norman, hit 3 3s, made his free throws and hey, showed me something on defense.  Need more of this.

-Nero:  Can he carve a bench role? Last two games says yes.  Can it be sustained?-Levias: He might be what the doctor ordered with this team.  

-Another important development: Jalen Trent starting to look to score.  That needs to happen more.

-Omot was quiet but knew when to take over the game, got his points to really put the game away. 

-Tough go for Treysen today, but that will happen from time to time.  Shake it off.

-Levias started and continued to play good basketball.  He had 4 turnovers but I love his aggressivness in attacking the basketball and his distribution.  

-Mathews 2 big blocks really got the crowd going.  He is looking healtier and healthier and this is also important. 

Now... What is UND going to do rotation wise with Brooks back?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Macro Thoughts:

-Best weekend of UND basketball since the USD games in 2021 (The Bentiu weekend)

Micro:

-The 2nd half gave us a real look of what this team can become.   That was the best half of basketball of the year on both sides of the ball.  They grinded out on defense long enough and then the offense took over.

-UND held two D1 teams to under 60 points this weekend.  The defense was scrappy and tough.  The improvement on that end of the floor is real.

-Best game for T in a UND uniform.  Was doing it on both ends of the floor and stepped outside hit some 3's.  18 and 8 is a good performance.  I hope that this is the game that allows him to take off.  

-Nice game from Norman, hit 3 3s, made his free throws and hey, showed me something on defense.  Need more of this.

-Nero:  Can he carve a bench role? Last two games says yes.  Can it be sustained?-Levias: He might be what the doctor ordered with this team.  

-Another important development: Jalen Trent starting to look to score.  That needs to happen more.

-Omot was quiet but knew when to take over the game, got his points to really put the game away. 

-Tough go for Treysen today, but that will happen from time to time.  Shake it off.

-Levias started and continued to play good basketball.  He had 4 turnovers but I love his aggressivness in attacking the basketball and his distribution.  

-Mathews 2 big blocks really got the crowd going.  He is looking healtier and healthier and this is also important. 

Did Sueker play in 2nd half? Dealing with something or not playing well?

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Macro Thoughts:

Micro:

Being able to go 10-11 deep without losing a lot is a nice problem to have.  Perhaps the strong finishes the last two games can at least partly be attributable to our deep bench/10-man rotation wearing our opponent down late in the game.

16 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Macro Thoughts:

Micro:

Really good weekend for UND basketball! 2 fun games to be at! Nero has played good the last two games in the scoring column. He tends to overdribble and stagnate the offense though. With Trent looking to be more aggressive they need to loosen the leash more and let him play free. The offense flows better when he's the PG. Moves the ball, makes good reads in the pick & roll, plays TOUGH defense.

They have a tough decision on what to do when Brooks comes back. The team seems to be rolling and gelling together. I would assume he would come off the bench and take a combination of Norman and Danielson's minutes?? I think we start to see Sueker not play at all. Levias fits the team better and is playing better. Not sure if school is too much/too much stress but he has not looked like himself at all. Overall, the team is playing really well going into two tough road games against Iowa State and Portland!

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Really good weekend for UND basketball! 2 fun games to be at! Nero has played good the last two games in the scoring column. He tends to overdribble and stagnate the offense though. With Trent looking to be more aggressive they need to loosen the leash more and let him play free. The offense flows better when he's the PG. Moves the ball, makes good reads in the pick & roll, plays TOUGH defense.

They have a tough decision on what to do when Brooks comes back. The team seems to be rolling and gelling together. I would assume he would come off the bench and take a combination of Norman and Danielson's minutes?? I think we start to see Sueker not play at all. Levias fits the team better and is playing better. Not sure if school is too much/too much stress but he has not looked like himself at all. Overall, the team is playing really well going into two tough road games against Iowa State and Portland!

Great weekend for the Hawks. Hold teams under 60 is a good recipe. I agree that Nero had a good weekend. Didn't try to do much and passed the ball well, especially in Utah Tech game.

Ajahni had a great weekend...really happy for him. BJ continues to grow and T had a great game vs. CSF.  

Hopefully they can get some things straightened out on offense as we move forward here because it gets really stagnant in stretches... but when you defend like they are right now, it doesn't really matter.

School is not too much for Mitch.. UND just finally has other guys around, to make minutes competitive. Ajahni, right now is better for the team than Mitch. If Mitch wants minutes he's going to have to play the 5, but if T and Brian continue to play well, than he needs to get comfortable with the bench.