SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

St. Cloud beats CC 3-1

Mbereko gave up a nearly 200 foot short handed goal but can’t say I entirely blame him. Those long range wrist shots sometimes have a lot of velocity and when they start skipping as they approach the goal, it’s probably difficult for a goalie to judge which direction they’re going to go. 

15 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Mbereko gave up a nearly 200 foot short handed goal but can’t say I entirely blame him. Those long range wrist shots sometimes have a lot of velocity and when they start skipping as they approach the goal, it’s probably difficult for a goalie to judge which direction they’re going to go. 

They can be like the short hop after the ball bounces high off the plate for infielders.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, burd said:

They can be like the short hop after the ball bounces high off the plate for infielders.  

Totally.

I just watched the replay of it and that St. Cloud guy put a lot of heat and velocity on that shot. Puck took one bounce as it neared the goal and didn’t appear to slow down. Now maybe Mbereko could have come a bit further out of his net to cut off the angle but easy to say that in hindsight as that play developed so dang quickly out of nowhere. 

Edit: Not to mention, that shot was very high in the air and was dropping rapidly upon hitting the ice and bouncing back up. 

Duluth leads Western Michigan 3-2

Notre Dame leads Ohio State 1-0

Michigan State leads Penn State 2-0

Arizona State leads Clarkson 1-0

Alaska leads RPI 1-0

UConn beats Lowell 4-2

BU leads Northeastern 1-0

Vermont leads Providence 1-0

Quinnipiac leads Princeton 1-0

Colgate leads Yale 2-0

Cornell leads Brown 2-1

Ferris State leads BGSU 1-0

Michigan Tech leads St. Thomas 3-2

AFA and AIC tied 3-3 OT

Mercyhurst beats Holy Cross 4-1

Bentley leads Army 1-0

Clarkson beats Arizona State 5-3

Alaska and RPI tied 3-3 OT

Wisconsin leads Lindenwood 3-0

Michigan State leads Penn State 6-3

St. Cloud leads CC 4-0

Providence and Vermont tied 3-3

Northeastern and BU tied 3-3

Quinnipiac beats Princeton 4-1

Colagte beat Yale 8-1

Cornell beats Brown 5-1

Ferris State beats BGSU 4-1

Michigan Tech and St. Thomas tied 3-3

Army beats Bentley 5-2

3 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

The OSU player was Kamil Sadlocha. Seriously, why does this garbage still happen? A player, too.

I spent an extended period of time in Poland (knew he was Polish when I saw his name was Kamil) and one of the cultural aspects I remembered was the shocking openness of the racism. He's been here for long enough, but if he heard it at home it's tough for everyone else to teach him otherwise. He needs to be proactive about an apology, might even be too late now.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:18 PM, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

The OSU player was Kamil Sadlocha. Seriously, why does this garbage still happen? A player, too.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/11/22_OSU-Player-Returning-Home.php

Following a day of criticism for not acting, Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith released a statement late Tuesday night apologizing to Joshua, and adding, "Over the last week, the Department of Athletics has worked through this on-ice incident and spoken with Kamil Sadlocha and the rest of the team, and Kamil is returning home and will not practice or compete at this time."

• Upvote 1