SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With such a young team, I would hope several players would be showing significant improvement since the start of the season. Is that happening? If it is, it doesn't seem to be showing up in the boxscores. Compare the Sioux to another young team like St. Cloud St. They're obviously getting much better as the year goes along.

to quote an old Ryan Bakken article...players are tired of the Reverend Rich's sermons "all the time!" I don't really want to bring this up again here (there ARE other threads) but at what point do we give the players a break? Josh Johnson and (perhaps thankfully) Jeff Brandt kicked their senior seasons to the curb at UND because (at least partially) they were tired of RG's rants! (I can back this up!)

Today - EL and DH are playing hurt...AJ is underperforming (perhaps for a reason?)...JD is now banged up...Gutter is a nice guy but mediocre and he's the BEST we have in the paint?...bottom line is this is another lost season! They will play in the NCC tourney - on the road - and get kicked again! Make excuses all you want...we need to move in another direction in my opinion.

Whether it is appropriate to make a coaching change or not (and it probably is), that decision won't be made until we have a better idea what we may do on the DI issue. If we started looking for a new coach right now, 1) any applicant would want to know if they were going to be coaching a DII team or a DI team in transition for a few years and 2) the list and quality of applicants may be dramatically different depending on whether it was a DI or DII job.

I agree, that is the lamest thing to do on these message boards.

Its time to be good sports and stop all this hate just because its UND or NDSU. Anyone heard of racism? Apply that to idea to sports and that's what we have with both the Bison blowhards and the Sioux blowhards. Grow up, act/speak like civilized adults, and stop with the hate of each other. Both schools are great for the state of North Dakota. Their blowhard fans, however, a disgrace to their respective universities and to the state of North Dakota.

I agree that before anything can be done admin and the president need to figure out DI or DII. This would greatly impact the hire. I'm also curious as to what they do with the opening for VB.

Regardless, the ball needs to be in administrations court before any changes can be made. My two cents anyhow

to quote an old Ryan Bakken article...players are tired of the Reverend Rich's sermons "all the time!" I don't really want to bring this up again here (there ARE other threads) but at what point do we give the players a break? Josh Johnson and (perhaps thankfully) Jeff Brandt kicked their senior seasons to the curb at UND because (at least partially) they were tired of RG's rants! (I can back this up!)

Today - EL and DH are playing hurt...AJ is underperforming (perhaps for a reason?)...JD is now banged up...Gutter is a nice guy but mediocre and he's the BEST we have in the paint?...bottom line is this is another lost season! They will play in the NCC tourney - on the road - and get kicked again! Make excuses all you want...we need to move in another direction in my opinion.

Why would you ever want to get rid of a kid like josh johnson? local, intelligent, charismatic, Brandon Badding, Jeff Brandt, do you guys think that they wanted to leave after 3 or 4 years!!!!!!! Jeff used to work for me and the reason he left is because they recruited three guys at his position his senior year, I know there has been some threads about JB but if anyone knows him he is a gamer is loyal and did not want to go to msu his senior year he was forced out which infuriates me. AJ worked for me too, I'll take JB any day. I was a friend of the program for a lot of years, that in my opinion is where you really find out who is genuine and who thinks things are owed to them. kyle behrens, katie richards(judisch), kami winger(Danner), Tiffany Pudenz(manasau), Tom Jacobson, that is my starting 5 for morals competitiveness, WINS, CHAMPIONSHIPS, and personality. If any of you guys know these 5 personally you know what I am talking about. Anyone who Gives a $$$$$ to this program needs to live and die with these kids. Support them, Support rich, Support the Women, quit complaining how your ass wasn't padded enough at the game or how your coke wasn't cold enough. Go Sioux!

I echo that with one possible exception: A NEW COACH. Please Buning, I am begging.

I wonder what it is like to have a head coach that other schools try to steal away from you. It is not a problem that UND has right now. If anything, the opposite is true. The opposition is begging for Glas to stick around. Glas is kind of like that fat kid that everyone had in gym class. As long as he was there, you did not have to worry about coming in last during the mile run.

anyone remember what gave Dave Gunther the impetus to "move on" without being "fired"? I think the same thing should apply now...SERIOUSLY...NOW!! (and for the f*ckin 100th time...NO I DON'T HATE RICH! He's a nice guy who just isn't getting the job done!) Move on to the alumni associatiion or whatever...just don't PRETEND to be a BB coach anymore....you time is OVER!

I wonder what it is like to have a head coach that other schools try to steal away from you. It is not a problem that UND has right now. If anything, the opposite is true. The opposition is begging for Glas to stick around. Glas is kind of like that fat kid that everyone had in gym class. As long as he was there, you did not have to worry about coming in last during the mile run.

The funny thing is, I remember worrying back in the early 90's that a division I school would hire him. It seems crazy to think that now, but at the time it seemed plausible. Just think, had he left back when he was considered a viable candidate for other jobs, Mac may have then taken over, and probably stayed until the Northern Iowa job opened up a few years ago. It's hard to say who might be coaching here now, but I doubt we'd be struggling this badly today had the above scenario played out. Instead, we've been saddled with an average NCC finish of 5th over the past 11 years, with no season having a better finish than third.

Does UND still have a Men's basketball team? All I hear are crickets at the Betty if the women are not playing there.

The Sioux men are tied for last in a very mediocre (or worse) NCC. I think we all know the reason. The Sioux have underachieved for the last 10+ years. It's time for some changes.

Just caught the 30-0 finish for the women. Great team! The game was followed by a pregame interview with Glas. He sounds like a whipped puppy. With his depressing attitude, this will be a complete blowout by UMD.

I was wrong. The Sioux win with a little more inspiration than normal.

It wasn't...I assume they added tickets they sold AFTER the Womens Game. I heard some guys talking outside at halftime...said they showed up and it was "sold out" but they were selling SRO tickets for the club lounge. Assuming the normal exodus after the womens game - they wouldn't have a problem getting a seat but it would make the bottom attendance line look better :D

PS - Thanks for telling the Duluth Coach to take it easy on us! It payed off!!! :D