SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know whether there's any scholarship money left to bring in players for next year? I have to think there's a big need for some immediate impact players, since nearly half of the scoring--for a team which struggles to score as it is--will be leaving after this year. Considering Koenig's uncertain health status, I would think it's imperative to find another player who can be a scoring threat in the post. I think there may be a player at Lake Region who may be able to help there, and I've also heard Dryburgh's name mentioned from NDSCS. Also, I think there's a need for a guard who can penetrate and create his own shot. But perhaps Bledsoe can fill that need.

Does anybody know whether there's any scholarship money left to bring in players for next year? I have to think there's a big need for some immediate impact players, since nearly half of the scoring--for a team which struggles to score as it is--will be leaving after this year. Considering Koenig's uncertain health status, I would think it's imperative to find another player who can be a scoring threat in the post. I think there may be a player at Lake Region who may be able to help there, and I've also heard Dryburgh's name mentioned from NDSCS. Also, I think there's a need for a guard who can penetrate and create his own shot. But perhaps Bledsoe can fill that need.

There is enough money left to fill needs with impact players. Koenig's surgery is said to have gone extremely well. Fans are really going to enjoy watching Travis Bledsoe who plays with fire, compassion, and skill.

There is enough money left to fill needs with impact players. Koenig's surgery is said to have gone extremely well. Fans are really going to enjoy watching Travis Bledsoe who plays with fire, compassion, and skill.

Thanks. Do you know whether UND is recruiting Matt Goodwin from Williston State? He's a 6'1" guard, a high school teammate of Mike Gutter, and is averaging something like 27 ppg.

Thanks. Do you know whether UND is recruiting Matt Goodwin from Williston State? He's a 6'1" guard, a high school teammate of Mike Gutter, and is averaging something like 27 ppg.

There is some dialogue if memory serves, but the wing position is jammed right now with FR and SO, guys like Harkins, Blackwell, Hoy, Wills, Harkins, ETC. The bigger need is at PF for next year. Having seen Goodwin play though, I can tell you that he is much more of a scorer then a pure shooter. IMO he is not any better then Harkins, and Harkins is also bigger then Goodwin is. Also keep in mind that his numbers are inflated playing in the league he does, and also remember how many players that have played in the Mon-Dak have gone onto schools and been complete busts. They have put guys all over the D1 map who have done absolutly nothing at their 4 year school. IMO, other then NDSCS which has had some players the past few years, that league is terribly overrated as far as the talent it turns out. Call me a skeptic.

There is some dialogue if memory serves, but the wing position is jammed right now with FR and SO, guys like Harkins, Blackwell, Hoy, Wills, Harkins, ETC. The bigger need is at PF for next year. Having seen Goodwin play though, I can tell you that he is much more of a scorer then a pure shooter. IMO he is not any better then Harkins, and Harkins is also bigger then Goodwin is. Also keep in mind that his numbers are inflated playing in the league he does, and also remember how many players that have played in the Mon-Dak have gone onto schools and been complete busts. They have put guys all over the D1 map who have done absolutly nothing at their 4 year school. IMO, other then NDSCS which has had some players the past few years, that league is terribly overrated as far as the talent it turns out. Call me a skeptic.

I can't disagree regarding the track records of recent Mon-Dak players, at least from schools other than NDSCS. Hunter Berg is the last really good one I can think of from Williston, Bismarck or Lake Region.

I can't disagree regarding the track records of recent Mon-Dak players, at least from schools other than NDSCS. Hunter Berg is the last really good one I can think of from Williston, Bismarck or Lake Region.

I was just thinking also that Hunter Berg is the only real player to come out of there in a long time.

Lake Region had one, I believe Ferguson was his last name, that went to Kentucky Wesleyan about 2 years back that was a solid player, Glas was after him hard. I think he averaged about 17 pts for a good team in one of the better conferences.

I remember Ferguson, but I guess I didn't realize he'd done anything once he got to Wesleyan. They've kind of fallen off since their probation, I think.

We have about two full rides available. I don't believe we have any interest in the Goodwin kid - or any guard for that matter. We need size and scoring up front. Looking at a couple of HS kids but will likely need some JC help for immediate relief. Dryburgh may be the big man we go after but he may want to still try for DI. Any idea what kind of year he is having?

We have about two full rides available. I don't believe we have any interest in the Goodwin kid - or any guard for that matter. We need size and scoring up front. Looking at a couple of HS kids but will likely need some JC help for immediate relief. Dryburgh may be the big man we go after but he may want to still try for DI. Any idea what kind of year he is having?

Link to WAHP-SCI stats

http://www.cybersportsusa.com/statBB_Season.asp?team_id=4492

Supposedly there is a 6'7 kid playing for Grygla-Gatzke that got some pub as a top 100 (top 20 center) in the Minnesota recruiting magazine.

and the Bison aren't playoff ELIGIBLE until President Clinton is in her "sophomore" season;) LET'S move on! Geez - they're 2-3 with 6 of 8 of their next games at home...and UND at least has SOMETHING to play for!

:blush:

Can we switch basketball teams with them?

If any of you guys haven't had a chance to see them play, they are quite impressive and extremely young. I've seen a couple games this year and that team has some serious young talent on it.

To think, that "they aren't playoff ELIGIBLE until President Clinton is in her 'sophomore' season", but they at least show up to play, and are beating impressive D1 teams like Northern Illinois and Wisconsin, while we "at least have SOMETHING to play for", continue to play uninspired and losing to NAIA teams.

The buffalos to the south might not be playoff eligible until 2010 or whenever, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make a postseason before our god forsaken men's program.

You guys are funny.

I'm not an NDSU hater, and that's probably why you guys get that impression. I just speak the truth. I'm happy enough in my own little world where I'm not resorting to go out of my way to hate a program that is irrelevant to my team's.

Give me a break. No fan of a team would sit here and bring down their own team, and use their rival as an example of "how it should be". There's nothing wrong with being a fan of NDSU, but at least say you are. You're posts have the same validity whether you're a UND or NDSU fan. Posing as something you're not makes your posts lose all credibility.

Sioux men win 74-53, pulling away after leading by 1 at halftime. Good job, that is a game they need to win.

On another note, is this line score correct???

## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN

10 Josh Doyle.......... * 10-10 9-9 0-0 0 3 3 4 29 3 4 0 0 28

WOW!!!!!

Thank goodness for Josh Doyle! wow what a performance, if it wasn't for him I do not know if we win that game!

Coach Dags-- I agree that the first half was terrible to watch, of course the Jordan Bulls would of had trouble following the performance of the Ladies! I just do not get what we are trying to do on the floor, are we uptempo, are we grind it out? somebody please tell me!

Our spacing is really bad, we really do not come off of picks or have many set plays that seem to be working, and that comes down to execution more than anything, watch off the ball, we do not set good picks or more importantly we do not set up our man to be picked.

What's the deal with nobles? Sometimes he looks like he is on a differnt level and then other times, which is most of the time he looks like he doesn't fit with the team or doesn't want to be there. I know moving to the wing after probably being a point guard your whole life is tough but what gives, if he doesn't have the ball in his hands he stands there and watches.

I just do not think this team fits with coach glas's grind it out style, let's put on some pressure, run, and gun up some three's, maybe we can keep some fans there past halftime!

All in all it was a game we were supposed to win and we did. Good Job Sioux, it just wasn't good basketball. My two cents!