SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Northeastern

OETKB

Ok, I am home on leave from the Army for 20 days, of which I have about 13 to go, and here is what I am noticing about my beloved Sioux Hockey Team this season...

They can't come from behind... Although this might not be a fair statement, since they did come from behind against the Gophers...

They can't hold a lead... At least, not against NorthEastern...

I have not seen the Sioux play yet this year, I am hoping to get to go to one of the CC games next weekend, but it will be hard squeezing in time to go with all of the family and friends that want to see me before I ship overseas in a month... Can somebody tell me, how in the HE## we are being outshot by other teams?!? The team was supposed to miss scoring from Bo and Parise, but with 8 defensemen returing, how is it that the defense is screwing us over?!?

I also can't believe people are calling for Coach Hak's head and crying for Dean Blais to come back... NEWS FLASH... DEAN BLAIS CHOSE HIS REPLACEMENT... IN BLAIS WE TRUST.... ALWAYS...

Go Sioux!!!

:silly:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It think we have every right to be upset as sioux fans by the dissapointing play?

Blaise came in his first year.....inheriting a undisciplined team and built the sioux into a big green army tank! Those guys were amazing to watch and built the program up over the next 10 years.......

BUt it's amazing that a single coach can take the last 10 years and reduce the prgram to chump players, out of control, taking ridculous penalites. This team so far has ZERO DIRECTION!!

They can't stay out of the penlaty box, are getting out shot 3-1 per game, and have shown about as much excitment on offense as the 2 for 1 buffet at the senior center.\

Right now I am concerned over the coaching decision in choosing Hakstol........if thigns dont get back on track soon this team literally will be the laughing stock of college hockey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Laughing stock of college hockey?:silly: That's actually pretty funny. Neo-phite, put the Prozac back in the medicine cabinet, pull whatever change you have left in your pocket and go buy yourself a clue.

Blaise came in his first year.....inheriting a undisciplined team and built the sioux into a big green army tank! Those guys were amazing to watch and built the program up over the next 10 years.......

It didn't happen immediately though. In Blais' first year as head coach, the Sioux were 18-18-3. His second year the Sioux were 19-18-1. Hardly dominating by any stretch (but still better than the later Gino years). It was his third year here that the Sioux started to really take shape.

No need to call for Hak's head, the Sioux will soon adjust to the new system and things will be fine. They will only get better as the season progresses, and will be kicking butt in the playoffs, when the wins really matter.

you are either not a sioux fan or just a troll surfing this message board or a terrible sioux fan..either way it does not sound like you know what you are talking about..laughing stock?:silly:????yeah..........are you kidding me...chump players, ok buddy!!! yes i agree that they have some kinks to work out and they are taking dumb penalties but come on.. hate to know what you think if we were in the cellar of the wcha every year and not competing for a title every year..wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It think we have every right to be upset as sioux fans by the dissapointing play?

BUt it's amazing that a single coach can take the last 10 years and reduce the prgram to chump players, out of control, taking ridculous penalites. This team so far has ZERO DIRECTION!!

They can't stay out of the penlaty box, are getting out shot 3-1 per game, and have shown about as much excitment on offense as the 2 for 1 buffet at the senior center.\

Right now I am concerned over the coaching decision in choosing Hakstol........if thigns dont get back on track soon this team literally will be the laughing stock of college hockey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a Gopher fan and I must say you have no clue. The Sioux have plenty of talent, not chump players as you put it. Tell me, is there a panic button on your computer chair?

The current group of players has to adjust to a new coach and system on top of different rules enforcement. Believe me I love to see the Sioux struggle but you are way off base. Did I mention it's October? There may be areas of legitimate concern but if I were a Sioux fan (thank god I'm not) I would be buying Final Five tickets right now.

If we take the rubes to the south philospohy (aka the dirty Gophers) its more important to win in March and April than in October and November. Funny the Gophers seem to be peaking already. I mean really, I can hardly wait till the over rated Kellen Briggs can't stop a beach ball and once again Justin Johnson is no help and wasting a uniform. I think UND will be ok. I think we are maybe expecting too much after Zach and Bucks left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know you northern folk subscribed to this philosophy as well until '03 it seems. Then all we heard was the Gophs inadaquacies in persuit of the McNaughton.

Now you all are despondent despite going 4-2-2 against pretty strong competition, including 6 of 8 on the road.

You know you northern folk subscribed to this philosophy as well until '03 it seems. Then all we heard was the Gophs inadaquacies in persuit of the McNaughton.

Now you all are despondent despite going 4-2-2 against pretty strong competition, including 6 of 8 on the road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to agree with this Gopher fan... geez, what IS this world coming to???

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would appear it has already hit the ice. Good grief. So are all these newbee posters calling for Hak's head actually Sioux fans, or disguised opponent fans trolling?

On the other hand, I hope the Sioux get it together by next weekend, since I have tickets. Certainly don't want to sit through 2 games of "effort, or lack thereof", that I saw on TV against the Gophers.

Would seem that the wins at Maine, the #1 ranking, and the tie/

win/win vs Mankato and the Gophers, with poor effort against Mankato and MN, caught up with the boys. Probably good for them to get their arse kicked a couple times.

Seems to have caught up with Duluth this weekend, also.

Schedule:

@ Maine x2

@ MSU-Mankato x2

Minnesota x2

@ BC

@ Northeastern

Win at home; split on the road theory: 5-3-0 or 0.625

Actual: 4-2-2 or 0.625

You'll understand why there's little wailing or knashing of teeth from this direction.

The better part: The team didn't get better as the season went along during the last two seasons, but other teams did. That proved to be UND's undoing. I'm hoping that changes this year and I see growth (individually and as a team).

PS - In the future, can't we get a someone like UMD to go along with us on these types of trips so we don't have to play a rested Northeastern squad after going full-tilt-boogie the night before against BC.

Proposed schedule:

Friday: UMD @ NE, UND @ BC

Saturday: UND @ NE, UMD @ BC

Schedule:

@ Maine x2

@ MSU-Mankato x2

Minnesota x2

@ BC

@ Northeastern

Win at home; split on the road theory: 5-3-0 or 0.625

Actual: 4-2-2 or 0.625

You'll understand why there's little wailing or knashing of teeth from this direction.

The better part: The team didn't get better as the season went along during the last two seasons, but other teams did. That proved to be UND's undoing. I'm hoping that changes this year and I see growth (individually and as a team).

PS - In the future, can't we get a someone like UMD to go along with us on these types of trips so we don't have to play a rested Northeastern squad after going full-tilt-boogie the night before against BC.

Proposed schedule:

Friday: UMD @ NE, UND @ BC

Saturday: UND @ NE, UMD @ BC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a better idea. Take the Gophers with you and play BC one night and BU the next. Make this like the college hockey showcase with WI, Mich and Mich State. The next year the Boston schools come west. Those games would be fun to see.

So if your critical of your teams performance your a bandwagon fan? I think people are questioning that when Hakstol was hired he would be using the same systems as Blais and you wouldn't see much difference.Getting outshot for six straight games when our defense is intact from last year and getting outplayed 5 out of the 8 games we played there seems to be something different or missing and what is the thing that changed?The only thing the same is are horrilble powerplay,why can most teams a least have a decent powerplay and we struggle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that is actually a nice way of looking at it and it doesn't seem too bad.

We could be 2-4-2, 1-7 or 2-6.

So if your critical of your teams performance your a bandwagon fan? I think people are questioning that when Hakstol was hired he would be using the same systems as Blais and you wouldn't see much difference.Getting outshot for six straight games when our defense is intact from last year and getting outplayed 5 out of the 8 games we played there seems to be something different or missing and what is the thing that changed?The only thing the same is are horrilble powerplay,why can most teams a least have a decent powerplay and we struggle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its called having a crop of new rookies and losing two or three guys that were good at getting the puck out our own end. More specifically Lundy, Bucks and Parise. Those are some pretty good players. I am now convicned that it going take some time to get things going. I think UND will be ok, it seems that Zajac is a sniper that can score.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crticial isn't calling for the coach to resign after 5 games - maybe that wasn't you but I did read that in an earlier post. For chirst sake - support the team in thick and thin. That means not second guessing everything they and the coaches do if it doesn't end up as a W.

Well, after spending the time to read all the way through this thread I can come to only one conclusion.......

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats from all of the holes I shot in the sky this past weekend.

So if your critical of your teams performance your a bandwagon fan? I think people are questioning that when Hakstol was hired he would be using the same systems as Blais and you wouldn't see much difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anybody who thought Hakstol would keep Blais' system entirely intact was deluded, to put it mildly. Every coach has their own way of doing things. I don't recall seeing these armchair coaches when our guys swept Maine. Now that we've had a few rough games, and the most people have come to the stunning realization that it's a long way to Columbus in April, certain "fans" are already whining about the coaching. I'd bet $5 even if Blais were behind the bench, we'd still have at least 1-2 in the L column.

Crticial isn't calling for the coach to resign after 5 games - maybe that wasn't you but I did read that in an earlier post. For chirst sake - support the team in thick and thin. That means not second guessing everything they and the coaches do if it doesn't end up as a W.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would at least give him a season or two before we call for his head.

I have supported the Sioux hockey team through thick and thin since 83 and even sat through games at the old Ralph we you could talk to people across the rink and not yell to be heard.When you go from an offense that forechecks teams into mistakes and pressures all over the ice to a team that seems to sit back then react it's not he same hockey that Blais was coaching,maybe the players will adjust and maybe the coaching staff will but if they don't it could be a very long year in my opinion.

I have supported the Sioux hockey team through thick and thin since 83 and even sat through games at the old Ralph we you could talk to people across the rink and not yell to be heard.When you go from an offense that forechecks teams into mistakes and pressures all over the ice to a team that seems to sit back then react it's not he same hockey that Blais was coaching,maybe the players will adjust and maybe the coaching staff will but if they don't it could be a very long year in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND doesn't have the same kind of team that it used to have. Realistically speaking UND is pretty young.