SiouxSports.com Forum

On 9/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Who wants Judge to best Roger Maris 61 home run season?

I don’t!

MLB is salivating about Judge hitting 62+ with their hands down their pants... They NEEEED this badly.

In 61 Maris wasn't seeing pitches to save his life, hatred was just a river of crap poured on him every day.

Have you watched some of these "pitches" Judge has had... good lord it's rigged like an Illinois... er well any .... election,  just meatballs served on a platter.

You think they'll test Judge HELL NO..... cause there's zero chance he would pass.

Judge is the exact hero MLB needs right now... in New York, fits their perfect profile... they will make sure he gets exactly what he needs to hit enough out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

MLB is salivating about Judge hitting 62+ with their hands down their pants... They NEEEED this badly.

In 61 Maris wasn't seeing pitches to save his life, hatred was just a river of crap poured on him every day.

Have you watched some of these "pitches" Judge has had... good lord it's rigged like an Illinois... er well any .... election,  just meatballs served on a platter.

You think they'll test Judge HELL NO..... cause there's zero chance he would pass.

Judge is the exact hero MLB needs right now... in New York, fits their perfect profile... they will make sure he gets exactly what he needs to hit enough out.

This is ridiculous and an insult to Judge. I've wat hed nearly every Yankee game this season. He is most certainly not getting "meatballs" and he still regularly gets bad calls on low strikes.

I get that people hate the Yankees but Aaron Judge is just a great human being who happens yo be a hell of a baseball player. He has maintained health this year and built on the steady improvement in his hitting since he came up. At times in the 2nd half he has had to almost single handedly carry his team.

It's been an absolute joy to watch his play this year and it will likely be a long time before we see a similarly dominant offensive season. As much as I take pride in Maris's record as a North Dakotan, Judge is an absolutely worthy heir and from everything I've read the Maris family feels the same.  Judge breaking the record takes nothing from Roger's legacy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

This is ridiculous and an insult to Judge. I've wat hed nearly every Yankee game this season. He is most certainly not getting "meatballs" and he still regularly gets bad calls on low strikes.

I get that people hate the Yankees but Aaron Judge is just a great human being who happens yo be a hell of a baseball player. He has maintained health this year and built on the steady improvement in his hitting since he came up. At times in the 2nd half he has had to almost single handedly carry his team.

It's been an absolute joy to watch his play this year and it will likely be a long time before we see a similarly dominant offensive season. As much as I take pride in Maris's record as a North Dakotan, Judge is an absolutely worthy heir and from everything I've read the Maris family feels the same.  Judge breaking the record takes nothing from Roger's legacy. 

As long as he isn't on PEDs, I have no problem with him. The Yankees on the other hand.....:wink:

19 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

He on the juice.

Don't be a fool.

Take the pinstripe goggles off and its pretty easy to see anyone could hit the meatballs hes been served. "60th" was hit on an absolute joke of a pitch, its embarrassing anybody falls for MLB's WWF wannabe storylines anymore.

16 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He on the juice.

Don't be a fool.

Take the pinstripe goggles off and its pretty easy to see anyone could hit the meatballs hes been served. "60th" was hit on an absolute joke of a pitch, its embarrassing anybody falls for MLB's WWF wannabe storylines anymore.

Thanks for the brilliant insight. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He on the juice.

Don't be a fool.

You realize they test for drugs now, right?

If Judge was juicing, he would get caught and suspended for a long time. The steroid era in MLB is over and has been for about 10 years.

PS: For the record, it's WWE now (has been for 20 years). And AEW is way better. :wink:

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Judge was juicing, he would get caught and suspended for a long time. The steroid era in MLB is over and has been for about 10 years.

PS: For the record, it's WWE now (has been for 20 years). And AEW is way better. :wink:

I bet you're just on the edge of your seat to see what Paul Bearer has in store for Undertaker next week aren't ya.

"they test now"....   naive and ignorant....just blissfully ignorant.

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I bet you're just on the edge of your seat to see what Paul Bearer has in store for Undertaker next week aren't ya.

"they test now"....   naive and ignorant....just blissfully ignorant.

Now that would be interesting to watch, given that he has been dead for a few years now.... :p

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

61.... what a joke....I've seen more challenging meatballs served at the local luthren church's fall supper

Lifelong Mets fan and longtime ss 'lurker" here.  I respect what Aaron Judge has done this year, yes its good for baseball, your right.  It's ok to be a Yankee hater, lots of people are including myself but jeez, to say he's seen nothing but meatballs tells people you may be a bit senile.   Go Hawks

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Nacho said:

Lifelong Mets fan and longtime ss 'lurker" here.  I respect what Aaron Judge has done this year, yes its good for baseball, your right.  It's ok to be a Yankee hater, lots of people are including myself but jeez, to say he's seen nothing but meatballs tells people you may be a bit senile.   Go Hawks

did you see the pitch he hit for 61... or 60...

Record is still 61.

Judge is a trailing 4th on the juiceball list.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:36 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

I've watched every AB down the stretch and the idea that he's getting meatballs is completely asinine. He walked FIVE straight ABs Tuesday and Wednesday and ZERO were intentional and had 7 straight ABs with a 3-2 count. He hit 61 on the seventh pitch of the AB in a TIE GAME where Toronto has yet to clinch a playoff berth. If this meatball theory were a thing, you think they could have done it in a better spot? What a terrible take.

What makes you suspect that he's on PEDs? If he gets popped for a test, go for the throat, by all means. But the dude is 6'7" .... he doesn't need PEDs to pop homers. Does that mean there's no chance he is on them? No, it doesn't. But, him going into a free agent year where is likely to get the biggest position player contract (heck, maybe all players) in the history of MLB, you think this would be the year he'd risk getting caught doing PEDs? I doubt it. 

If it comes back that he's on PEDs, fine, I get it. But, put that history behind and watch the dude do something special without hate. You have no actual clue if he's on anything, you just have a deep-seeded hate for something, I guess. 

When will a player ever just be good enough again? When will we move on? If you can't get behind a guy like Judge, who can you get behind?

I'm enjoying the ride. Maybe you should take the tinfoil hat off and do the same. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

AEW started great, but WWE has been way better the past few months. Don't be a mark ;)

Aaron Judge is 6'7" and 282.

By comparison, Gronk, the freak NFL TE, is a mere 6'6" and 265. 

If Judge had any eye-hand coordination he'd hit home runs. But Judge has more than "any"; he has exceptional.

• He's leading the AL in BA (0.001 over MIN Arraez). 
  • He's leading the AL in HR.
  • He's leading the AL in RBIs and Runs.

He's <squint> this close to a triple crown if he can hold that BA. 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Aaron Judge is 6'7" and 282.

By comparison, Gronk, the freak NFL TE, is a mere 6'6" and 265. 

If Judge had any eye-hand coordination he'd hit home runs. But Judge has more than "any"; he has exceptional.

• He's leading the AL in BA (0.001 over MIN Arraez). 
  • He's leading the AL in HR.
  • He's leading the AL in RBIs and Runs.

He's <squint> this close to a triple crown if he can hold that BA. 

NOPE! All roids.

• 3 weeks later...