SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-0) @ #8 Gonzaga (2-0)

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I was not impressed at all with Walters again.  Continually got beat on the glass.  His man scored at will .  I believe he shot 6 threes before finally hitting one.  I thought with the new coaching staff they would see the weakness in his game.  I get we do not have a lot of bigs but I would rather see small out there. 

Danielson really has impressed me with his hard work.  When they signed him I thought he would red shirt and probably still not make the rotation.  He is actually making a case for starting over Brown.   

Ditto on the Bold.   Walters needs to not shoot 3's period.

28 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Walters needs to not shoot 3's period.

Over the last 2 years, he's averaged 2 attempts per game and hit at a 36% clip. I think that is a decent rate for a big guy and the proper amount of shots to stretch the defense out a little bit. 7 in a game is too many though.

2 hours ago, Melvin said:

I think that we're going to be improved over last year. No shame losing to Gonzaga they're a good basketball team. 

Exactly. Its not like we played Cal Poly, or some lower level DI team, we played the #8 team in the country, a team that usually gets close to the Final Four every year. Its a good way to see where we could improve and what works against one of the best.

33 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Exactly. Its not like we played Cal Poly, or some lower level DI team, we played the #8 team in the country, a team that usually gets close to the Final Four every year. Its a good way to see where we could improve and what works against one of the best.

I am excited for football. 

20 hours ago, Kab said:

Walter. 3 points, 1 rebound

brown no points

Those two haven't gotten off to the best of starts and this cannot continue if UND is thinking big this year.  One or both need to step it up and fast.  

8 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

I was not impressed at all with Walters again.  Continually got beat on the glass.  His man scored at will .  I believe he shot 6 threes before finally hitting one.  I thought with the new coaching staff they would see the weakness in his game.  I get we do not have a lot of bigs but I would rather see small out there. 

Danielson really has impressed me with his hard work.  When they signed him I thought he would red shirt and probably still not make the rotation.  He is actually making a case for starting over Brown.   

I don't think there is much of a choice right now other than Walter.  I don't know if starting Moody with Brown and Stewart with DAE at the 4 would be the answer given the depth at guard behind those 3.  The other bigs aren't ready.  I'm just as frustrated with Walter as with everyone else, but I am not sure of the solution yet.  At least get back to where you were last year where he was a competent rotational player. 

I'll cut some slack for now but lets see how things go against more like competition.  

Brady give 100% every possession and you can't ask for more than that.  Not sure of his ceiling but he will work to get to that ceiling.  Would love to see him get it going from 3. 

On 11/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, jdub27 said:

Over the last 2 years, he's averaged 2 attempts per game and hit at a 36% clip. I think that is a decent rate for a big guy and the proper amount of shots to stretch the defense out a little bit. 7 in a game is too many though.

I think 7 is the most that he has ever taken in his career in a game.