SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

49 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Wow, I was so giddy for the playoffs the start, and they didn't disappoint last night!  Thought I'd throw this out there for some conversation as we get started.  Former Sioux in the hunt to win a ring (please double-check and add any I may have missed).  Pretty slim pickins this year with only 5 players and no team that has more than 1 former player, from what I see.

EAST

Columbus:
none

Tampa Bay:
none

Pittsburgh:
none

NY Islanders:
Brock Nelson

Boston:
none

Toronto:
none

Carolina:
none

Washington:
TJ Oshie

WEST

St. Louis:
none

Winnipeg:
none

Dallas:
none

Nashville:
Rocco Grimaldi

Vegas:
none

San Jose:
Aaron Dell

Colorado:
Tyson Jost

Calgary:
none

Brock looked pretty good the few times I happened to catch him while bouncing between games, didn't notice the others.

11 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Joe Pavelski scores on a deflected slap shot off his chin.   Then returns to the game.

He's a hockey player.

After his chin goal he just nonchalantly skates to the bench and to the tunnel. I mean that would of dropped most people to their knees 

38 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I thought Tampa was supposed to be good??

down 3-0 game two

sure glad I picked a handful ofTampa players 

WTH is going on there, just got home and TB is getting shut out? So much for their 325 goals this year.

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Aaron Dell working some magic in San Jose tonight.   Enters the game down 3-0 6:39 into period one.   Team scores 3.  Game tied after one period.

Cause and effect?  You be the judge.

3 goal lead again 

32 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Were not Tampa and Winnipeg supposed to go pretty far in the playoffs?

Well recall that the Blue Jackets were up 2-0 last year, and we all know how that ended.

They were popular picks early on, but the Jets have had issues (injury, chemistry) the past few months and its biting them at the wrong time.  If they get swept, which is very possible minus a complete 180, I expect major changes (which were coming anyways because they need to start paying their stars and they can't keep Trouba or Meyers) and wouldn't be shocked if their coach got canned over this. 

I think the Jets do something drastic in game 3 and start the backup to try and spark something.

I have more hope in Tampa turning it around than I do my Jets sadly.  I think if the Bolts find a way to get 2 in Columbus, things will be fine. 

Tampa Bay Lightning superstar and NHL regular-season leading scorer Nikita Kucherov has been suspened one game for boarding Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Markus Nutivaara late in Game 2 on Friday night, the Department of Player Safety announced.