SiouxSports.com Forum

March Madness 2019

SWSiouxMN

32 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It’s too bad nobody knows how to post up anymore.  There would be opportunities given the defensive styles of both these teams. Especially on all these overplay double team traps 30 feet from the basket. 

That's so 90's Siouxphan27, it's all about the 3's and isolation now.

45 of the 91 points on 3's in this one, wow.

8 minutes ago, jodcon said:

That's so 90's Siouxphan27, it's all about the 3's and isolation now.

45 of the 91 points on 3's in this one, wow.

I know, but it would work against these teams.  Tech’s best ball movement and open three attempts have come after getting it inside. 

19 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I know, but it would work against these teams.  Tech’s best ball movement and open three attempts have come after getting it inside. 

True, inside out seems to be a big part of offenses anymore. Even at the next level everybody wants 7 footers who can run the floor, the days of Ewing and Shaq seem ancient now. True low-post basketball isn't what it once was.

3 hours ago, jodcon said:

Could be wrong on this, but I believe you can ask to be discharged without further duty as a freshman and maybe sophomore, IF they accept.

You are correct. Its the sophomore year.  FYI 50-75 cadets leave from every class at that time for various reasons.

:lol:  a buddy of mine just texted me and told me how “lucky” Virginia was this tournament and how they might be the most undeserving national champion he has ever seen.  3 losses on the entire season and 2 of those 3 were to rhe same team (Duke).  Tough crowd.

34 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  a buddy of mine just texted me and told me how “lucky” Virginia was this tournament and how they might be the most undeserving national champion he has ever seen.  3 losses on the entire season and 2 of those 3 were to rhe same team (Duke).  Tough crowd.

Well they were given the Auburn game...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jodcon said:

Could be wrong on this, but I believe you can ask to be discharged without further duty as a freshman and maybe sophomore, IF they accept.

Any cadet can leave prior to the start of their junior year for any reason without having to repay the equivalent of their tuition. The Academy does not have to approve it.

23 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hot rumor is Rick Barnes of Tennessee having the inside track on a move to UCLA.  

Barnes staying in Knoxville.  Has UCLA become the Nebraska football of college hoops?  Is Alford their Frank Solich?  

EDIT: It's actually Ben Howland playing the part of Solich, getting run out of Westwood after four Pac-12 titles and three Final Fours.