SiouxSports.com Forum

To Hogg or not to Hogg, that is the question.

MafiaMan

On 3/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, MafiaMan said:

@Godsmack @Goon @LeftyZL +1 are in...

@Langster019 interested in making the trip out of St Paul a few miles north and west?

MISSING PINS UPDATE:  It has been determined that the bag of collectible pins went missing from the Hogg in 2016.  @fightingsioux4life @Siouxman @CMSioux are a few of the additional folks I recognize from the group photo that year.  Any new leads in tracking these down are greatly appreciated!

Nope - not something I saw - best of luck. 

2 hours ago, sprig said:

Need  a pic from the Hogg today.  Did it happen?

BTW, granddaughters didn't find the pins in the freebie box, didn't see anything like that when i was at the box with them. 

Had about 10 folks there today - some newbies and @Fader made an appearance too.  Good to see @Goon @Godsmack and @Ice Arena Man as well.  Hopefully next year is a better year for North Dakota hockey and we get back to our usual crowds of 25-30.

Our waitress’ step-son lives in GF and she took a pic to send to him.  I am working on getting it from her.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Had about 10 folks there today - some newbies and @Fader made an appearance too.  Good to see @Goon @Godsmack and @Ice Arena Man as well.  Hopefully next year is a better year for North Dakota hockey and we get back to our usual crowds of 25-30.

Our waitress’ step-son lives in GF and she took a pic to send to him.  I am working on getting it from her.

Pics or it didn’t happen...

59 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What a fun time. Great discussion. Made the trip more fun. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, fightingstew said:

Agreed, thanks for the fun discussion today. I was there with @Fader... definitely will be back next year!

I apologize for not having any t-shirts, raffles, etc. today.  The house flood had made a mess of everything and I didn’t have time to put anything together.  Just thankful I was able to make it myself.  Thanks to all who attended - we’ll do it again next year.

• Upvote 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, Goon said:

What a fun time. Great discussion. Made the trip more fun. 

On 3/23/2019 at 9:09 PM, Goon said:

It was therapeutic. The food and discussion was a blast.  

I agree on all counts.  The Hogg will definitely be a permanent part of my Frozen Faceoff weekends from now on.  Was great to be able to put faces to the screen names (although with my memory... ).

On the "small world" side of things, discover that I had already met @Godsmack in 1978. :)  His father was responsible for the tickets for my first Sioux hockey game. I remember that is was against Duluth and that I ran out of room for penalties on the scoresheet in the program.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, sprig said:

Need  a pic from the Hogg today.  Did it happen?

BTW, granddaughters didn't find the pins in the freebie box, didn't see anything like that when i was at the box with them. 

Tom and Jossie will get the pic for me from our waitress tomorrow.  I’m not sure how the cell phone service is up there, but I’ll post it here just in case you can see it.

Hogg2019_zpsh3abk3ez.jpg

This was not the ideal year for me to host this event given our house flood (I'm still holed up in a hotel -- good times), but in hindsight, I'm glad some of you reached out to me and made sure it happened.  The Hogg brunch has become a "family reunion" of sorts where I just expect to see certain people every year.  It was a downer that sprig wasn't there this time (for the first time in years) and then six days later, he's gone.  Still hard to believe.  

Really has been fun to get to know @Godsmack @Ice Arena Man and @Goon outside of the board, along with many other Hogg regulars who didn't make it this year -- primarily because North Dakota didn't make the trip either, so I can't blame you.  Welcome to @fightingstew and @Fader this year -- I hope you come again next year.  Hopefully I'll be able to bring a few goodies and give-aways like I have in the past instead of occupying my time in the days before the event with FEMA folks and insurance adjusters.  

I think the lowest crowd attendance was 3 in 2002 and the high crowd estimate was about 75 in 2013.  Most years, we're in the 20-30 range.  Maybe next year's crowd will be a record-breaker and some new folks will make an appearance.  A special invitation has already been extended to sprig's family and I hope Drew and his young bunch come out.  After a couple of years of mulling over 86'ing the Hogg, I now have a renewed interest in keeping it going.  The show will go on in 2020.  Hope to see you there.        

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Hogg2019_zpsh3abk3ez.jpg

This was not the ideal year for me to host this event given our house flood (I'm still holed up in a hotel -- good times), but in hindsight, I'm glad some of you reached out to me and made sure it happened.  The Hogg brunch has become a "family reunion" of sorts where I just expect to see certain people every year.  It was a downer that sprig wasn't there this time (for the first time in years) and then six days later, he's gone.  Still hard to believe.  

Really has been fun to get to know @Godsmack @Ice Arena Man and @Goon outside of the board, along with many other Hogg regulars who didn't make it this year -- primarily because North Dakota didn't make the trip either, so I can't blame you.  Welcome to @fightingstew and @Fader this year -- I hope you come again next year.  Hopefully I'll be able to bring a few goodies and give-aways like I have in the past instead of occupying my time in the days before the event with FEMA folks and insurance adjusters.  

I think the lowest crowd attendance was 3 in 2002 and the high crowd estimate was about 75 in 2013.  Most years, we're in the 20-30 range.  Maybe next year's crowd will be a record-breaker and some new folks will make an appearance.  A special invitation has already been extended to sprig's family and I hope Drew and his young bunch come out.  After a couple of years of mulling over 86'ing the Hogg, I now have a renewed interest in keeping it going.  The show will go on in 2020.  Hope to see you there.        

It will certainly help when the Sioux make the Frozen Faceoff.