SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 Recruiting

UND Fan

Yesterday we offered a SG out of East Arizona College.  He was just a freshman but must be eligible to transfer.  He averaged 17 points and shot 43% from the 3.

SG Jalen Brown, 6'3", 165, Vancouver (East AZ College), WA  Has offers from N Alabama & MT St

21 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Yesterday we offered a SG out of East Arizona College.  He was just a freshman but must be eligible to transfer.  He averaged 17 points and shot 43% from the 3.

SG Jalen Brown, 6'3", 165, Vancouver (East AZ College), WA  Has offers from N Alabama & MT St

Looks like he has offers from Montana St and North Alabama as well. 

Can he handle the ball?  Would easily fill the 2 spot in the lineup but doesn't necessarily fix the issue at point guard. 

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Looks like he has offers from Montana St and North Alabama as well. 

Can he handle the ball?  Would easily fill the 2 spot in the lineup but doesn't necessarily fix the issue at point guard. 

Is this him? Difficult to find much on him with the name Jalen Brown. 

Also, Jalen replying to a recent USD commit (not Archambault)

Offering another D2 transfer,  but this one is getting a lot of D1 offers: SIU, SUU, McNeese State, Quinnipiac, and St. Bonaventure have offers out on him as well.  

However, unlike Sueker, he doesn't appear to be immediately eligible to play, but can redshirt to have 3 years to play.

Might be an under the radar guy to get, but won't help in 20-21. 

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Offering another D2 transfer,  but this one is getting a lot of D1 offers: SIU, SUU, McNeese State, Quinnipiac, and St. Bonaventure have offers out on him as well.  

However, unlike Sueker, he doesn't appear to be immediately eligible to play, but can redshirt to have 3 years to play.

Glenville St and that WV league are so weak for Bball.  Not saying that about him because he has other D1 offers.

42 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I posted this in the 2020-21 recruiting thread.... I never know which one to post it in for basketball.... ugh

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He would be transferring up from a lower class so he should be eligible immediately. 

28 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think it’s the opposite. Like with Hazenkamp going D2 he will be eligible right away. 

I think there is a good chance that the NCAA passes the the one-time transfer waiver this spring/summer.  This would allow all first-time transfers to be eligible immediately. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bballfan said:

I think there is a good chance that the NCAA passes the the one-time transfer waiver this spring/summer.  This would allow all first-time transfers to be eligible immediately. 

Good point. I think he will be a tough get for us with the D1 offers rolling in. Hope I’m wrong. 

When I see tweets about offers and things like this, I like to take a peak to see if our current players are liking or RTing it. It probably doesn’t mean anything but I do find it cool when players are pumping up incoming or potential players on social media. 

On 4/14/2020 at 12:52 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

And he commits to Southern Illinois 

I wonder if we are interested in Caleb Nero G Weber State - Played 33 games as a true freshman at Weber State in the 2018-19 season averaging 6.5 points, 1.5 assists and 1.7 boards. Did not play last year so would be eligible immediately. This would be a big get, in my mind, if there is any substance to it.

14 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wonder if we are interested in Caleb Nero G Weber State - Played 33 games as a true freshman at Weber State in the 2018-19 season averaging 6.5 points, 1.5 assists and 1.7 boards. Did not play last year so would be eligible immediately. This would be a big get, in my mind, if there is any substance to it.

He:s from Tulsa, so he'd get a homecoming game.