SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

29 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I thought she was coaching a pro woman’s team. I’ve heard she’s looked for NHL and men’s college hockey positions.

Regardless of what the administration may have done or not done, Miller has permanently painted herself as a troublemaker. I don’t know why any program at any level would take a chance with her by taking on that baggage. 

55 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Regardless of what the administration may have done or not done, Miller has permanently painted herself as a troublemaker. I don’t know why any program at any level would take a chance with her by taking on that baggage. 

According to this article, she is.  Are we missing something here? I mean seriously, her contract wasn't renewed, but still ended up winning a huge settlement. 

15 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Our good friends at Letsgodu never miss an opportunity to take a shot at UND, even while they’re making fun of the CC Tigers. As a CC alum, I did get a chuckle or two out of this satire.

https://letsgodu.com/2018/08/28/top-10-reasons-colorado-college-is-moving-to-a-smaller-campus-arena/

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the DU and UND series still going to be held at World Arena? I believe that the founder DG was much more entertaining than some of the current posters. I've gotten to know Nick and Shasha, they're both funny. 

36 minutes ago, Goon said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the DU and UND series still going to be held at World Arena? I believe that the founder DG was much more entertaining than some of the current posters. I've gotten to know Nick and Shasha, they're both funny. 

Do you mean the CC vs. UND series?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Would that be vs vs versus or vs versus versus?

ver·sus
ˈvərsəs,ˈvərsəz/
preposition

1. against (especially in sports and legal use).
    "Penn versus Princeton"
    synonyms: against, facing, confronting, v., vs.; More

• as opposed to; in contrast to.
      "weighing the pros and cons of organic versus inorganic produce"

On 8/31/2018 at 1:50 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Another Goon Grammar Goof (patent pending, all rights reserved) 

There's nothing wrong with this statement - Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the DU and UND series still going to be held at World Arena?

Series is both singular and plural. 

36 minutes ago, Goon said:

There's nothing wrong with this statement - Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the DU and UND series still going to be held at World Arena?

Series is both singular and plural. 

I was told that the DU/North Dakota series was being held at Mariucci Arena this year...

On 8/31/2018 at 1:09 PM, Goon said:

Both UND vs CC and CC versus DU. 

On 9/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, MafiaMan said:

Would that be vs vs versus or vs versus versus?

20 hours ago, Goon said:
ver·sus
ˈvərsəs,ˈvərsəz/
preposition

1. against (especially in sports and legal use).
    "Penn versus Princeton"

• as opposed to; in contrast to.
      "weighing the pros and cons of organic versus inorganic produce"

I am poking fun at the inconsistent use of an abbreviation and the full version of the same word in the very same sentence, something of a journalistic no-no, especially in a short sentence like the one being referenced.  

It would be similar to something like, “Mr. Nicklas Lidstrom is better than Mister Zdeno Chara.”

On 9/2/2018 at 9:34 AM, MafiaMan said:

I am poking fun at the inconsistent use of an abbreviation and the full version of the same word in the very same sentence, something of a journalistic no-no, especially in a short sentence like the one being referenced.  

It would be similar to something like, “Mr. Nicklas Lidstrom is better than Mister Zdeno Chara.”

What you got against Chara?;)

Brad's twitter shows a proposal that RPI would be tweaked to give a team that gets to overtime partial credit for a loss.  It would be a 90/10 split for winner and loser.   I personally don't like because if you lose you lose, but it looks to be going toward the NHL path of getting credit for getting to overtime.   Sadly, just like the delayed offside rule, UND once again is one year too late to take advantage of a rule like that, as with all the ties we had last year, we surely would have made the NCAA tournament.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tnt said:

Brad's twitter shows a proposal that RPI would be tweaked to give a team that gets to overtime partial credit for a loss.  It would be a 90/10 split for winner and loser.   I personally don't like because if you lose you lose, but it looks to be going toward the NHL path of getting credit for getting to overtime.   Sadly, just like the delayed offside rule, UND once again is one year too late to take advantage of a rule like that, as with all the ties we had last year, we surely would have made the NCAA tournament.  

So as I remember - Doggs beat out the Goofs by the .0001 heart shot. We were next with BC behind us.

Then if this TIE rule we would of been in - Doggs would of been sitting out with the goofs = UND wins the Natty!