Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FGHTNSX Hawkey14

SiouxSports Logo

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I've seen that weird arrowhead before, where is the Sioux head from?

On Safari (Mac) it shows up on "Frequently Visited" when a new tab is opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

This isn't an NCAA sanctioned site. :lol:

So then we can shot arrows at the NCAA from this site?

 

Your feather might not work on a arrow, looks a little cumbersome.

I see the siouxsports.com on the feather, but there's a lot of feather there, what's the meaning to the rest of it, looks like it might take a book to describe it all?

The golden feather that UND swept under the carpet around 1970 looked pretty simple, but had pages of meaning to it.  

ewrtgsaasdfss.jpg.f8b2d64070467b4b61aabd7d14c5a762.jpg

I can't even imagine what all this means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So then we can shot arrows at the NCAA from this site?

 

Your feather might not work on a arrow, looks a little cumbersome.

I see the siouxsports.com on the feather, but there's a lot of feather there, what's the meaning to the rest of it, looks like it might take a book to describe it all?

The golden feather that UND swept under the carpet around 1970 looked pretty simple, but had pages of meaning to it.  

ewrtgsaasdfss.jpg.f8b2d64070467b4b61aabd7d14c5a762.jpg

I can't even imagine what all this means.

It means nothing. I just made a feather in the style of the Brien logo era, and wrote siouxsports on it. It would be tough to scale down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So then we can shot arrows at the NCAA from this site?

 

Your feather might not work on a arrow, looks a little cumbersome.

I see the siouxsports.com on the feather, but there's a lot of feather there, what's the meaning to the rest of it, looks like it might take a book to describe it all?

The golden feather that UND swept under the carpet around 1970 looked pretty simple, but had pages of meaning to it.  

ewrtgsaasdfss.jpg.f8b2d64070467b4b61aabd7d14c5a762.jpg

I can't even imagine what all this means.

Huh, what, please elaborate....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There was an organization of UND student sports fans called the Golden Feathers. Had black letterman coats with a Golden Feather.

Here's a little more that I found...no pics yet, though...

The Golden Feather Club was organized on the UND campus in 1956 in an effort to bolster lagging school spirit. The club had it's constitution temporarily revoked in 1970 for harassing several campus sorority houses; however, the club was reinstated and changed it's name to the UND Feathers in 1971 in order to shed a tarnished image. UND was disbanded the Club in 1977 due to financial problems.

The main responsibility of the Golden Feather Club was selecting the University's cheerleading squads, but the club also performed many other activities, including: buying new cheerleading uniforms, presenting a $150 baseball scholarship, awarding the Bill Borovsky Memorial Trophy to the most valuable goalie in the Western Intercollegiate Hockey League (now the WCHA), organizing pep rallies, and routinely traveling to Fargo for basketball games and Minnesota for hockey games. In 1956 the Feathers split the cheerleading squads into freshmen and varsity teams. The club is also credited with creating the "Sammy the Sioux" mascot. The Feathers also organized the King Kold Karnival in 1968.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Here's a little more that I found...no pics yet, though...

The Golden Feather Club was organized on the UND campus in 1956 in an effort to bolster lagging school spirit. The club had it's constitution temporarily revoked in 1970 for harassing several campus sorority houses; however, the club was reinstated and changed it's name to the UND Feathers in 1971 in order to shed a tarnished image. UND was disbanded the Club in 1977 due to financial problems.

The main responsibility of the Golden Feather Club was selecting the University's cheerleading squads, but the club also performed many other activities, including: buying new cheerleading uniforms, presenting a $150 baseball scholarship, awarding the Bill Borovsky Memorial Trophy to the most valuable goalie in the Western Intercollegiate Hockey League (now the WCHA), organizing pep rallies, and routinely traveling to Fargo for basketball games and Minnesota for hockey games. In 1956 the Feathers split the cheerleading squads into freshmen and varsity teams. The club is also credited with creating the "Sammy the Sioux" mascot. The Feathers also organized the King Kold Karnival in 1968.

Hmmmm.... Wonder if this would go over these days.... LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Here's a little more that I found...no pics yet, though...

The Golden Feather Club was organized on the UND campus in 1956 in an effort to bolster lagging school spirit. The club had it's constitution temporarily revoked in 1970 for harassing several campus sorority houses; however, the club was reinstated and changed it's name to the UND Feathers in 1971 in order to shed a tarnished image. UND was disbanded the Club in 1977 due to financial problems.

The main responsibility of the Golden Feather Club was selecting the University's cheerleading squads, but the club also performed many other activities, including: buying new cheerleading uniforms, presenting a $150 baseball scholarship, awarding the Bill Borovsky Memorial Trophy to the most valuable goalie in the Western Intercollegiate Hockey League (now the WCHA), organizing pep rallies, and routinely traveling to Fargo for basketball games and Minnesota for hockey games. In 1956 the Feathers split the cheerleading squads into freshmen and varsity teams. The club is also credited with creating the "Sammy the Sioux" mascot. The Feathers also organized the King Kold Karnival in 1968.

The arch-nemesis of the Rahjahs from the NDAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yes. The NDSU athletics magazine did a multiple part article on them a couple years back and there were multiple mentions of the UND Golden Feathers in it, though a lot of it seemed to be only in a way to shed negative light on the UND group while justifying or glossing over similar behaviors of the Rahjahs. (big surprise). Despite that, there is still some pretty interesting history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Here's a little more that I found...no pics yet, though...

The Golden Feather Club was organized on the UND campus in 1956 in an effort to bolster lagging school spirit. The club had it's constitution temporarily revoked in 1970 for harassing several campus sorority houses; however, the club was reinstated and changed it's name to the UND Feathers in 1971 in order to shed a tarnished image. UND was disbanded the Club in 1977 due to financial problems.

The main responsibility of the Golden Feather Club was selecting the University's cheerleading squads, but the club also performed many other activities, including: buying new cheerleading uniforms, presenting a $150 baseball scholarship, awarding the Bill Borovsky Memorial Trophy to the most valuable goalie in the Western Intercollegiate Hockey League (now the WCHA), organizing pep rallies, and routinely traveling to Fargo for basketball games and Minnesota for hockey games. In 1956 the Feathers split the cheerleading squads into freshmen and varsity teams. The club is also credited with creating the "Sammy the Sioux" mascot. The Feathers also organized the King Kold Karnival in 1968.

Could the feathers on the Sammy Sioux logo be them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hmmmm.... Wonder if this would go over these days.... LOL

...........only if it was organized by an Asian-American named Robert Lee.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Could the feathers on the Sammy Sioux logo be them?

The golden feather and Sammy logo are both on their coats. There is a framed coat just outside sec 106 in the Ralph. Sammy had one white and one gold feather in his headdress

They had a reunion last fall at homecoming, an article on the group, as well as a pic of the coat, appeared in the Alumni Review. 

https://issuu.com/undalumniassociation/docs/f_alumni_review_web

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 11:53 AM, Blackheart said:

The Golden Feather Club was organized on the UND campus in 1956 in an effort to bolster lagging school spirit. The club had it's constitution temporarily revoked in 1970 for harassing several campus sorority houses; however, the club was reinstated and changed it's name to the UND Feathers in 1971 in order to shed a tarnished image. 

I thought they changed their name to Phi Delta Theta...maybe my history's a bit fuzzy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...