SiouxSports.com Forum

Greetings from Salt Lake

UofUUtes

35 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

The itch for football has started. I come in peace and hope to provide you insight to Utah football, that camera experience and Salt Lake City. Please ask me any anything and I'll do my best to provide information

Go Utes

You guys gonna be good er what?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You guys gonna be good er what?

When Utah transitioned to the Pac-12, many fans underestimated the step up in competition Utah would face.  In the Mountain West, you might face a really good QB, or a stud WR. There might be a great LB or 1 shutdown corner. The new conference showed that depth of talent was seriously lacking. 

We are now to a point of all recruits being signed while in the Pac-12. The talent has increased immensely, but that doesn't always lead to success of the field. Utah is the only Pac-12 South school to not win the division. However, Utah is one of 5 schools to be ranked in every CFP top 25 ranking. 

To answer your question directly. YES, Utah will be good. How good is to be determined. Definitely not good enough to overlook anyone. But also good enough to beat anyone on the schedule.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I will be there. Looking forward to some tailgating. As far as that goes is the Guardsman lot a good spot if I get there early enough?

Guardsmen is your best bet. However,  tailgating all over campus has really exploded. Guardsmen will be the best collection of tailgaters. A Thursday game might be a bit slow at first, but the first game excitement should make up for things. If you want to follow me on Twitter at @UofUUtes, I will connect you with a few of the better groups that are more than inviting to visiting fans

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UofUUtes said:

Guardsmen is your best bet. However,  tailgating all over campus has really exploded. Guardsmen will be the best collection of tailgaters. A Thursday game might be a bit slow at first, but the first game excitement should make up for things. If you want to follow me on Twitter at @UofUUtes, I will connect you with a few of the better groups that are more than inviting to visiting fans

Thanks for the info, I just gave you a follow. I will happily share some full strength beer to the fans looking to have a good time. We are looking forward to the road trip from Colorado.

13 hours ago, UofUUtes said:

When Utah transitioned to the Pac-12, many fans underestimated the step up in competition Utah would face.  In the Mountain West, you might face a really good QB, or a stud WR. There might be a great LB or 1 shutdown corner. The new conference showed that depth of talent was seriously lacking. 

We are now to a point of all recruits being signed while in the Pac-12. The talent has increased immensely, but that doesn't always lead to success of the field. Utah is the only Pac-12 South school to not win the division. However, Utah is one of 5 schools to be ranked in every CFP top 25 ranking. 

To answer your question directly. YES, Utah will be good. How good is to be determined. Definitely not good enough to overlook anyone. But also good enough to beat anyone on the schedule.

How about a full roster break down with a list of studs?

18 hours ago, bison73 said:

The Utes were the one who told the NCAA to take a high hard one when it came to there nickname.

I'm not sure what UND's deal was with the Sioux tribe, but the U of Utah has a really good relationship with the Ute tribe. There is a scholarship program for Ute Tribe members. Each year one of the games is dedicated to the Ute Tribe and they are invited to participate in the halftime activities (usually one of the best performances all year. And the Tribe has stated numerous times that they officially approve of the name usage. There are some within and outside the tribe that feel differently, but the official stance of the tribe is one of support for the Ute nickname.

37 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

I'm not sure what UND's deal was with the Sioux tribe, but the U of Utah has a really good relationship with the Ute tribe. There is a scholarship program for Ute Tribe members. Each year one of the games is dedicated to the Ute Tribe and they are invited to participate in the halftime activities (usually one of the best performances all year. And the Tribe has stated numerous times that they officially approve of the name usage. There are some within and outside the tribe that feel differently, but the official stance of the tribe is one of support for the Ute nickname.

Until it's not, then, look out.  :(

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

@UofUUtes I hate the new uniforms!  

At first, so did I. Then I started seeing them in pictures and on video and they don't look that bad. Better than the mountain look. The pants are a bit odd, but I'll reserve judgment until seeing them in person. In the long run, I only care if the players like them