SiouxSports.com Forum

Greetings from Salt Lake

UofUUtes

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Word out of Utah is their second best defensive player, safety Chase Hansen, is out for 6 weeks with a groin injury. If true that's disappointing that two of the top players in this game won't be apart of it.

Man that's to bad.   He is a hard hitting safety that can cover well and above athleticism.  Hard to replace someone like that 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Word out of Utah is their second best defensive player, safety Chase Hansen, is out for 6 weeks with a groin injury. If true that's disappointing that two of the top players in this game won't be apart of it.

There is definitely a lot of smoke to this rumor. Although I don't know anyone who knows the severity or duration. To be honest, unless it is a 2-3 week type injury, he won't play in Game 1.

1 minute ago, UofUUtes said:

There is definitely a lot of smoke to this rumor. Although I don't know anyone who knows the severity or duration. To be honest, unless it is a 2-3 week type injury, he won't play in Game 1.

Any word on if the new receiver will play, or will he have a suspension? Speculation?

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's satire. 

To give you some history, utefans.net was the first message board for Utah fans. The founding member struggled mightily with addictions that ultimately cost him his life. Because of that, the site suffered and is now a cesspool for bots and the 10% of the fanbase we want to disown. Utehub is probably the best free message board you can visit, but unfortunately most of the Utah information stays behind the pay wall of Scout and Rivals

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any word on if the new receiver will play, or will he have a suspension? Speculation?

Nothing new. I'll link a few stories when I get back to work tomorrow. Unfortunately, Utah keeps fall camp locked down. The media usually only sees the last 15-30 minutes of practice and this year they have even shut them out of most practices. For instance, Friday was open to the last 30 minutes, but Saturday there was no media availability. 

The suspension is pure speculation on my part. I know that there is a legal hearing the first week of August, so there might be more information after that

1 hour ago, UofUUtes said:

To give you some history, utefans.net was the first message board for Utah fans. The founding member struggled mightily with addictions that ultimately cost him his life. Because of that, the site suffered and is now a cesspool for bots and the 10% of the fanbase we want to disown. Utehub is probably the best free message board you can visit, but unfortunately most of the Utah information stays behind the pay wall of Scout and Rivals

Sounds like Bisonville

34 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I was thinking the same things.  Maybe Geauxsioux could one started.  Maybe we get a look alike for everyone of their players.

I'll get one started soon enough. Just not this week. I don't want everyone to run out of steam before the game. It's about peaking at the right time.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, UNDColorado said:

Thanks for the info, I just gave you a follow. I will happily share some full strength beer to the fans looking to have a good time. We are looking forward to the road trip from Colorado.

Forget the beer we have some craft brews here that are excellent like:
 bng-outer-darkness.png 

OUTER DARKNESS™ 10.5% ALCOHOL BY VOL.

Just bring the cannabis edibles.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2017 at 11:11 AM, UofUUtes said:

There are definitely many good options close to downtown and the university. 

The Copper Onion - Is a favorite of mine. 

Red Iguana - Best Mexican food in Utah. The original location is pretty small and can have long wait times, but don't worry, there is an RI2 very close by

Park Cafe - Very popular breakfast spot, probably will see football players in there the day after the game

Ruth's Diner - If you have a car and want to see some of the Utah mountain's, head up the canyon to Ruth's Diner. Breakfast is better than dinner, but can't go wrong

The Porcupine - This place is also a favorite of mine. A location opened on campus and would be a good place to walk down to after the game for a bite and beer

And if you want a slice, The Pie is the place to go. The original is also on campus and will take you back to your college days.

Depending on when you are coming into town, I'd go with something like this...

Wednesday afternoon take a drive up Emigration Canyon and have lunch outside at Ruth's Diner. Wednesday night head over to Red Iguana, try the mole and have margaritas.

Game day, start with breakfast at The Park Cafe and head to the State Liquor store (opens at 11) for real beer and liquor. Then head up to campus and explore the campus, ending up at the Pie for pizza and a pitcher of beer. Hit up the tailgating scene, enjoy the game and then down to Porcupine to let the traffic die down. 

Friday morning, wake up late and take in brunch at the Copper Onion. 

At least I would do that if I could spend 3 days doing nothing but football, eating and drinking in SLC

I'd also recommend you stop by Crown Burger before the game.  Not a lot of food that Utah does better than other parts of the country.  With in-house made pastrami.  This is one of them:

thumb_600.jpg?1376393631?1501553176

Also, my favorite fries...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2