SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ WMU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Total domination the last two periods... two turnovers and a softie...Their goalie made huge saves throughout the game... Ours didn't.  Cam used to bail us out on some sloppy defensive play, but not so much lately.

I am actually a bit encouraged by what I saw tonight...The effort was there.  We just need to get a couple of breaks.  It would also help if the opposition has to work for their goals for a change.

Next week is the perfect time for Omaha to come to town...We put up 16 on the weekend last time.  Go Sioux!!

3 minutes ago, JLP157 said:

Total domination the last two periods... two turnovers and a softie...Their goalie made huge saves throughout the game... Ours didn't.  Cam used to bail us out on some sloppy defensive play, but not so much lately.

I am actually a bit encouraged by what I saw tonight...The effort was there.  We just need to get a couple of breaks.  It would also help if the opposition has to work for their goals for a change.

Next week is the perfect time for Omaha to come to town...We put up 16 on the weekend last time.  Go Sioux!!

"Encouraged"?  Like if the Dr. accidentally taking one nut out and not 2 during a vesectomy? Whew.........least I'm not nutless!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JLP157 said:

Cam is an average goalie that had the country's best defence in front of him last year!

• Upvote 4

We need to bring in a buttload of talent next year or it will be the second year of the slide.  We will have almost no scorers returning and defense that regularly puke up goals andhave trouble moving the puck.  A lot of dead weight that we are not used to having.

4 minutes ago, Irish said:

We need to bring in a buttload of talent next year or it will be the second year of the slide.  We will have almost no scorers returning and defense that regularly puke up goals andhave trouble moving the puck.  A lot of dead weight that we are not used to having.

Meh. A summer of being hangry could do wonders for the current team. Berry will be spending less time partying with a trophy this summer too. 

• Upvote 3

It isn't Berry who is the problem.  This team has no leadership.  Who can name the leaders in the locker room, because if anyone says Ausmus, they are mistaking.  Last year Ausmus was a C by name only.  We all know that Cags and Stetcher were the heart and soul of the team.  When a team is expecting a sophomore and freshman to carry the team when the rest are pedestrians, there is a problem.  So I go back to the question, who are the leaders? 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

It isn't Berry who is the problem.  This team has no leadership.  Who can name the leaders in the locker room, because if anyone says Ausmus, they are mistaking.  Last year Ausmus was a C by name only.  We all know that Cags and Stetcher were the heart and soul of the team.  When a team is expecting a sophomore and freshman to carry the team when the rest are pedestrians, there is a problem.  So I go back to the question, who are the leaders? 

Berry needs to show leadership by watching film and correcting the consistent mistakes that Starman points out during broadcasts. I see lack of game planning, lack of getting a power play that works, and lack of film study. I don't care how good Shaw power plays are in the NHL, they are not working in college hockey.  

24 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Over half the team were members of last year's championship team that set new standards for hard work and doing things right.  Even if two great leaders are gone you would think some of it would have stuck to our current players.  We have a serious lack of scoring talent for one and almost no one got better from last year to this year.  Time to clean house for the slackers.  When a starting forward has scored 0 goals this year that should tell you something about our talent.

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wilkie has 0 goals through what 30 games? That's absolutely miserable. ZERO goals. With that much playing time, you should at least have one tip in off your leg or something at least. WOW 

Are you serious?  I knew it wasn't good but 0 goals in 30 games?  That ain't "snake bit", that's inexcusable.