SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ WMU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I think you're onto something here as well - something's not right with this team.  We're the first ones to poke fun at Minnesota for locker room issues but love to assume everything is hunky-dory in the Fighting Hawk locker room.  15 wins and 13 losses does not add up to locker room harmony.  

Agree................................next year might be addition by subtraction with some guys.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

@petey23 Oh, sure, every white guy has one token Native friend on the rez that he can point to as a reference, right?  Isn't that the narrative, anyways?  :lol:

That is the dismissive narrative I was waiting for...... You blew it for me because I know you are being sarcastic. Had a list of friends ready to PM to the first doubting naysayer.:D

Being in and around softball for the last 30 years or so a guy makes all kinds of friends and meets all kinds of people from all over and from all different walks of life...hell, used to play against Governor Burgum and Gary Tharaldson.

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

That is the dismissive narrative I was waiting for...... You blew it for me because I know you are being sarcastic. Had a list of friends ready to PM to the first doubting naysayer.:D

Being in and around softball for the last 30 years or so a guy makes all kinds of friends and meets all kinds of people from all over and from all different walks of life...hell, used to play against Governor Burgum and Gary Tharaldson.

Did he wear jeans playing softball too?:)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gary always put together a team full of ringers and sandbaggers. 

post-97573-0-47556700-1437052992.jpg

Ringers yes. They always played at the highest level so I wouldn't call them sandbaggers. Always fun to beat them....probably 5 out of 40 or so against teams with Tharaldson as a sponsor. Was lucky enough to be a part of and help put together the Tharaldson 40+ team that finished 2nd in the 40+ National tournament. Found out what it was like to have everyone at the ballpark rooting against you.:D Until we were the only North Dakota team left and even then I think some were rooting for the teams from Alabama, California, and Kentucky.

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

By level, no.
But would they sandbag their way through a tournament bracket? :whistling:

Ha.

I am on the ND Player Classification committee. We have an E national tournament in Mandan this summer so now all of a sudden all the D rated players think that they should probably be rated E.....it is a vicious circle.

I'm not sure how the current ratings work.

In the past wasn't it:

E - Could have your beer with you in batter's box and on base paths. Any defender could have beer with them. 
D - Could have beer with you in batter's box and running to first but not on other paths. Only OF and cornermen could have beers. 
C - Had to leave beer with base coaches before batting; timeout to transfer beer from first to third coach allowed. Only OF could have beers. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Leadership. Ownership. 

That PCM guy used to quote Napoleon in that, "The moral is to the physical as three is to one." For those of you that don't understand that, confidence and believing is three times as important as skills and tools. 

Henry Ford had a great quote:  "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."