SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-1) vs Wright State (4-1) (Men Against Breast Cancer Classic Day 2, 6 PM)

SWSiouxMN

10 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Nice to get a win out there.  Showed great resilience to come back from at least 16 down.  It is unfortunate it got to that point though.  They played terrible for 30 minutes, at a neutral site, in an empty building, against a capable but not overwhelming opponent.

The challenge against FU in their new building next week, will be a different environment than this one.  

They will have 10 days to prep. I hope they use the time wisely

UND will be fine as I was at the first 2 games and they played very well both games against competition rated much better than them.  I like the personnel they are playing and every game they played very unselfish and moved the ball and found the open man. A play here or there and they could have gone 3-0.  They are very solid 7-8 deep and as long as they play those players they will be very solid in the Big Sky and would expect and 1 or 2 seed from what I saw.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Depends....do we get more games with Mayville?

UND gets the elusive OOC road win you always complain about and that's the kind of response you come up with? Can't even give a little credit where it might be due. Hell of an effort by the team not to give up and score 16 straight to end the game and pull out the W. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND gets the elusive OOC road win you always complain about and that's the kind of response you come up with? Can't even give a little credit where it might be due. Hell of an effort by the team not to give up and score 16 straight to end the game and pull out the W. 

Good win like I said before but it was a neutral site game. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Good win like I said before but it was a neutral site game. 

You're correct, for some reason I had it in my mind that CSU-B was hosting, not Wright State. Regardless, they don't have enough OOC wins, this was a good one and my overall point stands. 

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So others can slam the team but you go off on me. Give it a rest.

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

So others can slam the team but you go off on me. Give it a rest.

The squeakiest wheel gets the grease. If you wouldn't have felt the need to come in and take an unnecessary cheap shot after the team actually pulls out a nice win, I wouldn't have said a word. Did you watch a single minute of any of the games this weekend?

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The squeakiest wheel gets the grease. If you wouldn't have felt the need to come in and take an unnecessary cheap shot after the team actually pulls out a nice win, I wouldn't have said a word. Did you watch a single minute of any of the games this weekend?

UND-1 came on, said "projecting 16-15 again" and you say nothing to him. So his comment wasn't a cheap shot after the team pulled out a win? The last game was a nice win. Does it help this team of course all wins do, but when this team is struggling from the FT line (we have seen that in the past) its going to be a long season. Yes I did watch part of all 3 when I could since I am dealing with serious family issues that keeps me away from the keyboard.

• Upvote 1