SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Bemidji State --- HWY 2 Battle

AZSIOUX

This weekend starts 3 straight series versus schools from the state of Minnesota. BSU, @UMD, @UM

Bemidji State (4-0) comes to Grand Forks after sweeping Bowling Green at home and sweeping Northern Michigan on the road this last weekend. BSU has given up 2 goals in 4 games including 2 shutouts vs NMU. BSU is scoring 2.5 goals per game 

#1 UND (3-0) beat RPI 5-2 in the hall of fame game this weekend. UND has given up 3 total goals in their 3 games with one shutout.  UND is scoring 5 goals per game to start the year.  

12 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

Bemidji State (4-0) comes to Grand Forks after sweeping Bowling Green at home and sweeping Northern Michigan on the road this last weekend. BSU has given up 2 goals in 4 games including 2 shutouts vs NMU. BSU is scoring 2.5 goals per game 

#1 UND (3-0) beat RPI 5-2 in the hall of fame game this weekend. UND has given up 3 total goals in their 3 games with one shutout.  UND is scoring 5 goals per game to start the year.  

Should be a great battle as usual, records and stats mean nothing when the Beavers come to town.

Based on how lackadaisical UND has defended in the first few games, I bet BSU takes one. There have been a ton of open looks in front of Cam. Even though they're giving up about 15 shots a game, I'd bet more than half are grade-A chances. It's possible they'll raise their play for a regional rival who always plays them tough. Could be a rude awakening playing against someone like DU, who faced a brutal opening schedule. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxTupa said:

Based on how lackadaisical UND has defended in the first few games, I bet BSU takes one. There have been a ton of open looks in front of Cam. Even though they're giving up about 15 shots a game, I'd bet more than half are grade-A chances. It's possible they'll raise their play for a regional rival who always plays them tough. Could be a rude awakening playing against someone like DU, who faced a brutal opening schedule. 

I agree wholeheartedly. I was talking to the Nanne family between 2nd and 3rd intermission (Louie and I grew up together in Edina) and when hockey was the discussion, I had to give it to RPI- we were playing pretty sloppy, with a few notable moments in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Even though we kept lighting up the scoreboard, the defense has had some inconsistencies (i.e., play that led to Wood's breakaway goal). Early mistakes can be remedied though and I have full confidence that we will have a strong D corps going into the second half of the season.

• Upvote 2

On 10/15/2016 at 9:32 PM, AZSIOUX said:

BSU has given up 2 goals in 4 games including 2 shutouts vs NMU. BSU is scoring 2.5 goals per game. 

UND has given up 3 total goals in their 3 games with one shutout.  UND is scoring 5 goals per game to start the year.  

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Wait a second...Teams can't score 1/2 a goal MafiaMan!

Hence the joke...  ;)

On 10/16/2016 at 9:21 AM, SiouxTupa said:

We won our last two games based on talent alone- we didn't win because we played a better game.  That will not last given our upcoming schedule...as I said in another thread, we need to unf9%k our sh4t.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gameday!!!  Oh how I wish I could make these games.  But, at least there will be family in the house, one being a BSU grad, one being an UND grad.  I am sure I will hear updates and will at least be able to listen to Schultzie on the Beaver Radio Network.

Should be a fun series, GO BEAVERS!!!

Serratorre always brings in tough teams, and as many of us know the Beavs are off to an incredible start. Great goalie in Bitzer too; it'll be fun to see our boys really work to put some pucks in the back of the net.  Kicking off a very competitive stretch going into the break here.

geaux sioux