SiouxSports.com Forum

A Fighting Hawks Hockey Jersey

MafiaMan

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

getting closer to what?  these "concept logos" are dead...the only thing we can hope for are more alt logos (like every other school around)

I agree. I think the biggest thing we'll see is a cleaned-up and more finished logo (like your avatar). 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Wish it was minutes after....  Looking at your account picture, clearly you agree? 

take the current logo and tweak it a little...add some color, some hightlights see what you can do. I do think my avatar is a huge improvement on our current logo...your talking a whole different logo that we will never have...ever

We really won't know how the university will use the logo or how long the currently logo will be the primary until Kennedy takes over. I don't see the SME logo staying around as a primary for very long, they will probably make some subtle changes to it but I would imagine that they will probably be forced to create something new in the next couple of years especially if the new merch doesn't sell well. Also I seriously doubt this logo will ever make it onto a hockey jersey in any fashion. Hockey fans are still chanting Sioux forever, how would they react if the came into the Ralph and show that logo in the center of the ice, or jerseys bearing it on the racks. (That is assuming the englsted foundation lets them print the new logo on arena floor).

The silver lining that a logo is simple to change, many teams do it on a regular basis. We won't be stuck with this logo forever, so lets quit trying to pretend its great, and lets quit acting like its the end of the world. The quicker the university realizes it needs to change the logo, the better it is for the fans, the players and the university.

45 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

We really won't know how the university will use the logo or how long the currently logo will be the primary until Kennedy takes over. I don't see the SME logo staying around as a primary for very long, they will probably make some subtle changes to it but I would imagine that they will probably be forced to create something new in the next couple of years especially if the new merch doesn't sell well. Also I seriously doubt this logo will ever make it onto a hockey jersey in any fashion. Hockey fans are still chanting Sioux forever, how would they react if the came into the Ralph and show that logo in the center of the ice, or jerseys bearing it on the racks. (That is assuming the englsted foundation lets them print the new logo on arena floor).

The silver lining that a logo is simple to change, many teams do it on a regular basis. We won't be stuck with this logo forever, so lets quit trying to pretend its great, and lets quit acting like its the end of the world. The quicker the university realizes it needs to change the logo, the better it is for the fans, the players and the university.

What would they use otherwise, with the University discontinuing the interlocking ND?

9 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

cry.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sprig said:

Even though I'm not in the market for another jersey,  this one's not bad,  but I like the original shuttle cocktail white one best. 

Agreed.  Guessing you (MafiaMan) couldn't use that one due to trademarks?