SiouxSports.com Forum

A Personal Thanks to Drake Caggiula

Cratter

My first impression of Drake Caggiula was his freshmen season. UND was down a goal very late in the game at CC. I believe Simpson or Gleason tied it up with the goalie pulled. And then, about a minute or two into OT, Caggiula scored the game winner. An absolute bullet that went top shelf (where grandma keeps the peanut butter as Ken Landau, the CC radio guy, likes to say) that the CC net minder never even saw. That shot was just epic and a sign of many, many great things to come.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some buzz on social media that Vancouver is making a play for Caggiula, Stecher, and will trade for Schmaltz.  Since they already own Boeser's rights, the CBS line could stay intact.

That would be awesome.  Source?

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some buzz on social media that Vancouver is making a play for Caggiula, Stecher, and will trade for Schmaltz.  Since they already own Boeser's rights, the CBS line could stay intact.

Yuck. Only thing worse would be if they went to Pittsburgh. I was hoping the fact that they have Boeser's rights would make him consider staying and going the free agent route.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, nodak651 said:

That would be awesome.  Source?

Hockeyfuture boards had a prospect thread complete with twitters.

Blackhawk fans denied the would ever trade Schmaltz but the Hawks have cap issues.

With Stecher from BC, and Vancouver having some serious needs, they could be in the mood to spend some real cash for all four.  Obviously if true Stephen and Schmaltz and Boeser would leave early but not until a trade can happen.

Too all of the senior class. Thank you. to St Clair and Sanderson you guys stuck it out. You finished you didn't go I want ice time and packed your bags. You lead by example. Remember you guys finished your careers with a record of 110-43-17 roughly a .650 winning percentage. Just under winning 3 out of 4. Congrats and good luck. Enjoy tonight. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/10/2016 at 1:30 PM, Godsmack said:

My first impression of Drake Caggiula was his freshmen season. UND was down a goal very late in the game at CC. I believe Simpson or Gleason tied it up with the goalie pulled. And then, about a minute or two into OT, Caggiula scored the game winner. An absolute bullet that went top shelf (where grandma keeps the peanut butter as Ken Landau, the CC radio guy, likes to say) that the CC net minder never even saw. That shot was just epic and a sign of many, many great things to come.

Mine too!  I remember looking at my buddy and screaming "Calligula" after the Roman Emperor known for hedonism.  I knew then he was stud...he delivered

7 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Too all of the senior class. Thank you. to St Clair and Sanderson you guys stuck it out. You finished you didn't go I want ice time and packed your bags. You lead by example. Remember you guys finished your careers with a record of 110-43-17 roughly a .650 winning percentage. Just under winning 3 out of 4. Congrats and good luck. Enjoy tonight. 

Winning percentage of .697. The 11th consecutive recruiting class to notch at least 100 victories. Mighty impressive.

Dave

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, cowboys5xsbs said:

How is this guy an nhl free agent?

I've been wondering that myself for the past 2 seasons, the guy has great hands, awareness, work ethic/heart.  Not saying he will be an NHL star but I think he will succeed.   

Up until this weekend, I never knew MSL was a UFA coming out of college. After hearing the comparison, I really hope that he ends being just as big of a player for some team as Marty was. The guy has worked so hard, and it has been a huge joy to have watched this guy as a student over the last three years. Best of luck Drake! I'll miss having us students always counting on you.

Here's the embedded video of Drake throwing his stick at me, which hit me, but I'm trying to record and had no idea was coming...meanwhile you'll hear me ask, "is that a normal thing?" because minutes before this the lady seen at the end of the video was like "if we get drakes stick the answer is yes." I was thinking to myself: "that's an odd marriage answer" haha...but afterwards told me he wanted to name their upcoming baby Drake...and you'll hear him claim "That counts!That counts!" haha. (her and the younger gentleman had a two second tug of war, but he wanted it more.)

Mayor Brown might be a little extra busy in about nine months.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...