SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WMU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

25 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I kept hearing the student section do some kind of random chant. I couldn't make it out on tv, does anyone know what they were saying?

They were chanting "its all your fault" a couple times to the goalie. I've heard the chant at the Final 5 but never in the Ralph

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I hope so, but a simple :silly: or (sarcasm) or /sarcasm at the end of the message would have cleared up any confusion.

My friend, sometimes we just have to roll with it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's "roll". And written communication is easy to misread; that is why we have emoticons.

Want a sweep tonight, even though we really don't need it.

Point noted and after attending last night's post-game presser, I didn't see any player suggesting they weren't going for the sweep. 

• Upvote 1

As long as we're on chants, what are the actual words to the "In heaven there is no beer" my wife asked me last night, and I'm not exactly sure and I'm horrible trying to make it out. Although, the 8 year old kid next to us had no problem singing along with it, should have just asked him.

2 minutes ago, Goon said:

Point noted and after attending last night's post-game presser, I didn't see any player suggesting they weren't going for the sweep. 

They definitely don't want to lose on Senior Night, but with the league title wrapped up and their attention turned towards the playoffs, tonight is a possible trap game. It would be nice to maintain this momentum into the first round and beyond.

2 hours ago, snova4 said:

As long as we're on chants, what are the actual words to the "In heaven there is no beer" my wife asked me last night, and I'm not exactly sure and I'm horrible trying to make it out. Although, the 8 year old kid next to us had no problem singing along with it, should have just asked him.

I feel like I'm the appropriate person to answer:

"In Heaven There Is No Beer, That's Why We Drink It Here, And When We're Gone From Here, Our Friends Will Be Drinking All The Beer"

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

"In Heaven There Is No Beer, That's Why We Drink It Her, And When We're Gone From Here, Our Friends Will Be Drinking All The Beer"

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

Um, I was at the game against CC and not in student section and it was around me.  All and always is strong wording.  Yes, the loudest was from them and I agree, it is getting old.  It is making UND look bad too.  Watching the game tonight on TV, I could hear it.  It is time for the student leaders to step up. 

Yup,the student leaders should come out and tell the student body to stop booing f'hawks and chanting Sioux Forever. Guaranteeing it will be louder and go on much longer.:silly: CC game was over a month ago. It has diminished since then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

Tim Skarperud and Andy Schneider. 

My wife used to date Schneider's roommate, I have one of Andy's practice jerseys. Nice white dazzle. She said it was the only good thing she got out of the relationship.

1 minute ago, snova4 said:

My wife used to date Schneider's roommate, I have one of Andy's practice jerseys. Nice white dazzle. She said it was the only good thing she got out of the relationship.

Ha, Tim is my insurance agent. Great guys. 

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

"In Heaven There Is No Beer, That's Why We Drink It Her, And When We're Gone From Here, Our Friends Will Be Drinking All The Beer"

careful FightingSiouxthatdied will wonder who her is :silly:

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The Stanley Cup white gloves treatment was a bit over the top.  

Yeah I was thrilled to see Tony but did kinda cringe at the gloves but then thought maybe 100 yrs from now if the ncaa leaves hockey alone it might be cool

2 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Yeah I was thrilled to see Tony but did kinda cringe at the gloves but then thought maybe 100 yrs from now if the ncaa leaves hockey alone it might be cool

I didn't notice they had gloves until I saw the paper this morning. I didn't think anything of it, I think it's a show of respect

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, gsiouxo said:

McKee was #22.... Was a jerk all night .... After his cheap shots and 10 minute misconduct I don't think he saw the ice rest of third period ....hopefully he sits tonight or we send someone to send a message to him early

I thought he was an ass I included the two dust ups with him. You can get a look at his antics.  (Click to see videos)

22 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I didn't notice they had gloves until I saw the paper this morning. I didn't think anything of it, I think it's a show of respect

A show of respect?  I've got jerseys older than that cup.

"We revere this cup so much that we bring it to you in white gloves...and promptly put it into your sweaty hands!"