SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Duluth

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

UND UNO Tickets.JPG

I got this from a different post ( these tickets are for sale by PKA) why doesn't und have tix like this???

They had really nice tickets the first year of the Ralph as well, but maybe they figured it wasn't worth it for something that gets discarded anyway.  What I wish they would do again is have the commemorative beverage cups with old hockey players on them.  At least you got something to hold on to for that expensive pop. In fact I was much more apt to buy a pop because of the souvenir cup. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

They had really nice tickets the first year of the Ralph as well, but maybe they figured it wasn't worth it for something that gets discarded anyway.  What I wish they would do again is have the commemorative beverage cups with old hockey players on them.  At least you got something to hold on to for that expensive pop. 

I think if we had tix like this. in seasons similar to the one we are having this year, they would be a bit of a collectors item.

9 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Not sure if this was mentioned before but many of the players (9 in fact) were indeed under the weather last weekend, some worse than others. Not that its an excuse but it clearly showed. That being said I expect a healthy bunch this weekend to take it out on Duluth.

Is it bad that that fact makes me feel better about Saturday's performance?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Not sure if this was mentioned before but many of the players (9 in fact) were indeed under the weather last weekend, some worse than others. Not that its an excuse but it clearly showed. That being said I expect a healthy bunch this weekend to take it out on Duluth.

If anyone has ever played a sport with the flu, it is definitely not an excuse. It's just the truth. Playing sports while sick, particularly with the flu, can be horrendous.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Biddco said:

My conspriacy theory is that he's actually trying to lose the games against UND. That would explain their terrible record against the Hawks under his reign. Although I believe UMD is 3-3 in their last 6 games at the Ralph (it's either 3-3 or 2-2 in their last 4)

11-16-12 Grand Forks (ot) T, 4-4

11-17-12 Grand Forks (ot) W, 4-3

11-15-13 Grand Forks W, 4-2

11-16-13 Grand Forks L, 3-6

01-09-15 Grand Forks L, 1-4

01-10-15 Grand Forks W, 5-2

At the REA, UND is 3-2-1 last six against UMD.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If anyone has ever played a sport with the flu, it is definitely not an excuse. It's just the truth. Playing sports while sick, particularly with the flu, can be horrendous.

Last Wednesday, I attended practice and noticed that the UND training staff has a water bottle for each player. Not a good sign.

10 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Tim Hennessey said that Chyzk said when they had him in studio the other day that they didn't think Denver was good.  I can see a freshman making that mistake of underestimating a fellow NCHC team, but not a senior.  You don't win it all by underestimating anyone.  They have actually done a pretty good job this year of not falling into that line of thinking, especially with the number of freshmen they have.  Hopefully this sticks with them through the tournament season.  

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Add to that the fact that 3 guys hadn't had game conditioning for about a month, and then have to deal with a second night in high altitude after a fast paced game on Friday.  They are excuses, but sometimes facts like those are a little harder to overcome against a really good team like Denver.

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Is it bad that that fact makes me feel better about Saturday's performance?

Call me soft but it was a breath of fresh air to hear that they weren't feeling good. Eager to get tonight started and put last weeks mess behind us.

7 minutes ago, ClassB said:

On the tickets - I was going to say "we like to put our premier product on the ice, not on the back of the ticket stub" but it would be neat to have souvenir cups and collectable tickets.

I do wish they brought those cups back, however I have about 50 left from the Old Ralph and quite a few from the new one when they served those monster beers in them. Also was just thinking does anyone remember when after every game people threw those white plastic cups on the ice at the old Ralph?

The folks at USCHO both predicted a sweep.

Minnesota-Duluth at No. 4 North Dakota
Candace: Duluth got shut out twice at home by North Dakota in December. Granted, the Fighting Hawks have shown some more vulnerability in the second half, but I like them to get back on track at home. North Dakota 3-1, 3-1
Matthew: UMD will be a tough out here, but I have a feeling UND takes both games. North Dakota 3-2, 4-2

32 minutes ago, tnt said:

Tim Hennessey said that Chyzk said when they had him in studio the other day that they didn't think Denver was good.  I can see a freshman making that mistake of underestimating a fellow NCHC team, but not a senior.  You don't win it all by underestimating anyone.  They have actually done a pretty good job this year of not falling into that line of thinking, especially with the number of freshmen they have.  Hopefully this sticks with them through the tournament season.  

Seems like something that would be said in jest. I highly doubt a senior assistant captain would say anything like that and actually mean it.