SiouxSports.com Forum

Drop Fighting Hawks name

GeauxSioux

12 hours ago, sprig said:

I'm beginning to think that anyone who enters the rea for any reason is labeled a hockey only fan

Correct. What do you call "fans" that attend no UND events, except maybe a Potato Bowl game every 4 years or so? They deserve a label, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Correct. What do you call "fans" that attend no UND events, except maybe a Potato Bowl game every 4 years or so? They deserve a label, too.

I go to the potato bowl every year. And I do attend hockey and basketball games as well. You deserve a label but it will get censored.

I do like how they've changed the game day script to use "Fighting Hawks" (<-- I think that's the first time I've actually used that as a name) only in reference to when a penalty has been called. 

"Fighting Hawks penalty to number ... " < crowd boos > ... so on TV it sounds like the home fans are booing the call.  

And I agree with the person who said the greatest density of booing is coming from sections 108, 109, and 307-310. 

8 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

So can we surmise that the theory it was the students who carried the water for the new FS name during the voting process was,shall we say, off the mark?

I can still believe today's students could vote for it (aka against the alternative) and yet still boo it because of what it isn't. As a matter of fact that would surprise me none. 

Because if it wasn't the student constituency that voted it in, I'm left to believe the unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I can still believe today's students could vote for it (aka against the alternative) and yet still boo it because of what it isn't. As a matter of fact that would surprise me none. 

I think that's probably spot on. Rebels to the core! :D

On 2/25/2016 at 7:32 AM, darell1976 said:

I go to the potato bowl every year. And I do attend hockey and basketball games as well. You deserve a label but it will get censored.

Mine was a general statement. What's with the direct shot at me? So, since you brought it up, what hockey games have you attended this year? How about basketball? Did you go to the game in Fargo vs. NDSU? Just curious. 

EDIT: I guess I did specifically address you in my previous post in this topic. Questions above still stand, though.

48 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Mine was a general statement. What's with the direct shot at me? So, since you brought it up, what hockey games have you attended this year? How about basketball? Did you go to the game in Fargo vs. NDSU? Just curious. 

EDIT: I guess I did specifically address you in my previous post in this topic. Questions above still stand, though.

I went to a hockey game last year, this year hasn't worked out due to my son's basketball schedule to go, same with basketball and yes I go to the games in Fargo when UND comes to town. When I don't go I watch/listen to games on tv, radio, and Internet. 

13 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I went to a hockey game last year, this year hasn't worked out due to my son's basketball schedule to go, same with basketball and yes I go to the games in Fargo when UND comes to town. When I don't go I watch/listen to games on tv, radio, and Internet. 

Oh  yeah, well, my dad can beat up your dad! :lol:

On February 23, 2016 at 1:26 AM, yababy8 said:

"Right now people are holding on to the old one because there isn't an alternative," Schafer said. "There's nothing else there."

Sure Ed, just like the Sioux fans chanting "Sioux Forever" last season were only doing so to honor the last group of seniors to wear the Sioux jersey...

It"s simply amazing how in line our leaders are to the nararative of the agenda.  

But I do love how they are failing to accomplish their final act-shaming Sioux fans.  "Support the student athletes" is about all they have left..  Really?? I think most of the atheletes are all about the Sioux name, or they don't really care... comon, were going to make victims out of the atheletes over the name now? REALLY?

Remember, A name is what you call yourself.  Go Sioux!

The football and basketball teams care about the new nickname, just saying

• Upvote 2

On February 24, 2016 at 10:14 AM, darell1976 said:

Then, why are the people most vocal about the Sioux name coming back, the booing at the REA are hockey fans? They are a majority voice against the new nickname and the push to return to the Sioux name. The name isn't coming back, we are the Fighting Hawks until the NCAA removes their policy, or UND leaves the NCAA, so might as well start to accept the new name. You do realize a Fighting Hawk logo will appear in the REA, the Betty, the Alerus, and all other UND buildings. UND does gain control the the Betty and REA in 14 years. (Sept 30, 2030)      

For charitable tax reasons -- to prove the property valuable -- Engelstad's lease agreement with UND, however, state's he can own the facility until Sept. 30, 2030.

http://und-fraud.com/UND/Campus/Arena/engelstad_arena.htm

Well, I never thought that wacky website would get cited here. I'm quite surprised it is still up and running.

18 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

The football and basketball teams care about the new nickname, just saying

And in the unlikely event that Norte Dame has their name taken from them, the fighting Irish football fans care more about their nickname than the fighting Irish hockey fans do...

It is not a pejorative that the Mens hocky fans have more stock and investment in the name.  Persecuting hockey fans for a differential in their passion for the Sioux name is both asinine and shows a complete lack of understanding of the value of a nickname.  

Perpetually on these forums hockey fans get chastised by fans of football, basketball, etc...for their comitment to their name.  When in reality the supporters of those sports who do not have the passion for the hockey program should have a respect for the situation Sioux hockey fans have had to endure.

The Sioux name is the identification of a world renowned hockey program steeped with history on a national level.  And the attack on our name has been both unacceptable and horrible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, yababy8 said:

And in the unlikely event that Norte Dame has their name taken from them, the fighting Irish football fans care more about their nickname than the fighting Irish hockey fans do...

It is not a pejorative that the Mens hocky fans have more stock and investment in the name.  Persecuting hockey fans for a differential in their passion for the Sioux name is both asinine and shows a complete lack of understanding of the value of a nickname.  

Perpetually on these forums hockey fans get chastised by fans of football, basketball, etc...for their comitment to their name.  When in reality the supporters of those sports who do not have the passion for the hockey program should have a respect for the situation Sioux hockey fans have had to endure.

The Sioux name is the identification of a world renowned hockey program steeped with history on a national level.  And the attack on our name has been both unacceptable and horrible.

And when in my post did I say anything about hockey fans, all I said was that the football and basketball teams care about the new nickname, u stated in that previous post that most student athletes are all about the Sioux name or don't care, which in my opinion is not true, btw I am a notre dame football fan