SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

This game feels like our first game this season vs. Providence.   Redskins scalp the Sioux tomorrow night in a close one......  Good game tonight.

There is iron in your words of warning for tonight.  I think we all know that if UND wants to circle the sticks tonight they will have to out-do last night's effort.  Miami will be looking for a split and I'm sure they will leave it all on the ice.  Should be a great game.

GO SIOUX!!!

That goal happened right in front of us. Been in those same seats for lots of games over the years and don't recall a play better than that!

Did Miami ask for the review? Not even close to offside.Not sure why the review took so long.

Could be 6 assists on this one. Stecher-Schmaltz-Boeser-Cagguila-Stecher-Boeser-Schmaltz

Edited by sprig

I thought the boys looked good last night.  Tons of puck movement and both the forwards and D were really aggressive when Miami had the puck, it gave them no space to make anything happen.  I noted this last night but our D core is so good, it really masks the inexperience of some of our younger forwards.  The first pass out of the zone has been incredible.  Hopefully Ladue isn't too dinged up.  One player I have been really impressed with is Rhett G., he is a really good 4th liner.  I was one who initially thought he could use another year playing in the USHL but I was wrong, he definitely has played a pretty important role so far. My one knock so far is our PK %, boy is it sketchy.  I can't remember if they were weaker goals but the boys need to shore that up.  Miami only had 2-3 decent scoring chances last night (Kuraly break away/Melnick up close) and they ended up with 2 goals.  I'm guessing it will be a close game tonight.

It was pretty close.  But the right call was made.

No where near close.

At 1:38 of the video above shows a perfect snapshot of the puck crossing the blue line.

Boesers about 7 feet behind the blue line when it crosses.

You might need glasses.:lol:

Edited by Cratter

No where near close.

At 1:38 of the video above shows a perfect snapshot of the puck crossing the blue line.

Boesers about 7 feet back.

It looked close on the replay I saw.  I watched it like 10 times this morning because some people on Twitter were calling it offsides. Also, I am agreeing with you it wasn't offsides. 

Edited by scpa0305

No where near close.

Boesers about 7 feet behind the blue line when it crosses.

You might need glasses.:lol:

Boeser is indeed well behind the play.  I think the concern was that Schmaltz passed the puck laterally before he got to the blue line, and then the question is was the puck across the line before Schmaltz?  The video shows that it is (fully on the line) before Schmaltz enters the zone.  Much closer than 7', but still onside and an amazing play. 

• Upvote 1

Boeser is indeed well behind the play.  I think the concern was that Schmaltz passed the puck laterally before he got to the blue line, and then the question is was the puck across the line before Schmaltz?  The video shows that it is (fully on the line) before Schmaltz enters the zone.  Much closer than 7', but still onside and an amazing play. 

Just to clarify, a puck on the line is considered to be in the zone that it came from.  So coming from center ice, all of the puck needs to be inside of the blue line before Schmaltz or at least at the same time.

While not necessarily scoring, Poganski is a joy to watch on the ice, and an absolute beast.  Whether in the corners or in front of the net he is really causing the other team fits.  A Miami player tried to crush him into the boards last night and was left lying on the ice while Poganski skated away.

The Brad Berry era is definitely changing some things about how the team does things and so far I am really enjoying watching this team.

with my shaky review it looks like Nick passed while the puck was on the blue line, the pass went roughly 12' down the blue line and curled into the Miami zone which is amazing all on its own. I am attempting a  screen grab that shows the moment the puck enters and Nick is not dragging a toe.  I will assume the officials had better tools and way better skills but it looked really close

tic_tac_toe.thumb.png.7fb93a3943cbd7adc0

tic tac toe.png

with my shaky review it looks like Nick passed while the puck was on the blue line, the pass went roughly 12' down the blue line and curled into the Miami zone which is amazing all on its own. I am attempting a  screen grab that shows the moment the puck enters and Nick is not dragging a toe.  I will assume the officials had better tools and way better skills but it looked really close.

I think I was wrong. It was close, not with Boeser but with Nick.

Edit  (misread Siouxmans post)

Edited by Cratter

11-22-25 were terrific last night

Yeah, out of all else that went on, I was really impressed with that line. While JJ hasn't scored yet, I like how he uses his speed. He also seems to be very responsible defensively.  It seemed like they played more than Simonson, Gersich and Wilkie, or maybe I just noticed them more.