SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 Recruiting

UND Fan

She's ranked #63 on 5 State Hoop's Class of 2016 (played in ND, SD, MN, IA, WI).  NDSU has 7 (!!) recruits ranked higher, the highest being Sarah Jacobson at #26.  USD also has a big class with 4 recruits ranked #21 or higher and 5 total.   I can't remember how UND's recruits of 2015 were rated but I think it was similar to NDSU's class of 2016.

I think she is a project player for Brewster.  Seems to be very athletic, finished 7th in the 100 at MN State AA Track this past year, also swam in high school.

• 4 weeks later...

So what does everyone think about the status of our women's program?  With the players we have in the system and the 2 that we have coming in next year do we have what it takes or is their reason for concern?

Wait and see.  I lean optimistic that we have what it takes to get it done

So what does everyone think about the status of our women's program?  With the players we have in the system and the 2 that we have coming in next year do we have what it takes or is their reason for concern?

So am I correct in that we lose Loyd and Szabla to graduation, and that Strand and Swatzke are red shirting this year and will be back next year, and that we have Gorres and Borroughs (Denver transfer)  coming in, but Coughlin (Minnesota transfer) is done with basketball completely?

Edited by Teeder11

So am I correct in that we lose Loyd and Szabla to graduation, and that Strand and Swatzke are red shirting this year and will be back next year, and that we have Gorres and Borroughs (Denver transfer)  coming in, but Coughlin (Minnesota transfer) is done with basketball completely?

Knox is graduating, Szabla is a junior this year.

• Upvote 1

Knox is graduating, Szabla is a junior this year.

Dammit!  I just had to keep up my average 1.2 errors per post going, didn't I?.... I meant Knox.... for some reason I get those two mixed up a lot.  Thanks for another assist, SWSiouxMN!

Edited by Teeder11

• 4 weeks later...

Brewster was at the Shanley - West Fargo girls game last night. I don't know who he was looking at but 6'3" Shanley junior post Emily Dietz had a great game and is looking better and better. There were times that there were 7 players 6 ft or taller on the court at the same time in this game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Brewster was at the Shanley - West Fargo girls game last night. I don't know who he was looking at but 6'3" Shanley junior post Emily Dietz had a great game and is looking better and better. There were times that there were 7 players 6 ft or taller on the court at the same time in this game.

The whole coaching staff came to the Shanley game at Central a couple weeks ago as well.  I hoped they were scouting Rotunda until I heard from a Shanley fan that she was going with a Catholic school.  So I think you are right that Dietz was the target.  They may be interested in West Fargo's Moton as well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, tnt said:

Why would they not use a redshirt for her at NDSU?

It could be that all the scholarships were already committed for next year. I know they have a very large class coming in. Or maybe Walseth just wasn't convinced Johnson was going to be fully recovered from her surgeries. Not really sure.

26 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

It could be that all the scholarships were already committed for next year. I know they have a very large class coming in. Or maybe Walseth just wasn't convinced Johnson was going to be fully recovered from her surgeries. Not really sure.

Mixed stories but I had heard rumblings she was looking at leaving before or very early in the season. I think Walseth is trying to get "her girls" in place. They currently only have 9 (!!!) players listed on their roster and only 7 really play. One senior on the team and bringing in 7 I believe. So I guess if everyone on the roster and everyone coming in is a a scholarship player, then they wouldn't have anything available. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...