SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Vermont - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Ok thank god it was in Vermont because I do a great Bernie Sanders impression.....but this is a forum so just imagine:   "Here's the simple truth, that in America there are millions and millions of North Dakota fans who are working hard, but are unable to receive adequate signal for the UND Hockey live stream, and that has got to END! This has not descended from the heavens, but has come from bad human (pronounced "U-men") decisions, in particular the UND leadership.  Now, UND can join the rest of the industrialized world and guarantee free live stream to all people as a right, not a privilege!" 

Boy I love Bernie, but to hell with UVM. GO Sioux.

You can't have that which I worked hard for and earned...that is pretty much UND hockey...and NOT Bernie

Wally can't figure out why the goofs got more penalties then northeastern, maybe because it was 3 on 1 in the fight? This idiot should read that other idiots article from last week saying the Sioux are dirty. Wally was bragging how people better not mess with the 6'4 Goon blah blah blah. What a double standard club!

Nodaks would be the best and most "creative" option, given the circumstances.   At least it's not a copycat nickname or a stupid weather phenomenon.

Exactly, this. None of the choices are ideal. Far from it. I find NoDaks the lesser of the evils though.

Not like the nickname couldn't ever change again....

Thoughts from the game:

While the wood benches aren't the most comfortable for 2 1/2 hours, it's a pretty cool barn.  The place was mostly full and had good energy. Only had bathrooms on the upper level though...that's weird haha

Met a fair number of Sioux fans.  About 15 of us were grouped together, which was nice. 

I'm pretty excited for Hrynkiw to get the shut out. He wasn't challenged a ton, but he made a couple key saves. He definitely looked more comfortable than last weekend. Heck, he looked more comfortable than Cam has at some points. 

I couldn't believe it when I saw 5 forwards on the PP. Chyzyk may have gotten that goal, but Boeser's amazing dive to hold the zone was vital. 

There were a lot of weird calls (or non calls) from both the refs and linesmen.  They didn't have their best night. I think some of the fisticuffs in the third can be related to noncalls earlier in the game. 

The Sioux didn't cycle quite as well as they did in Portland, but they still dominated puck possession. I'd be interested to know how many neutral zone turnovers Vermont gave up.

Overall, a great game. Good pace and lots of fun. See some of you kids at 'The Gut' tomorrow. 

Ok thank god it was in Vermont because I do a great Bernie Sanders impression.....but this is a forum so just imagine:   "Here's the simple truth, that in America there are millions and millions of North Dakota fans who are working hard, but are unable to receive adequate signal for the UND Hockey live stream, and that has got to END! This has not descended from the heavens, but has come from bad human (pronounced "U-men") decisions, in particular the UND leadership.  Now, UND can join the rest of the industrialized world and guarantee free live stream to all people as a right, not a privilege!" 

Boy I love Bernie, but to hell with UVM. GO Sioux.

That's pretty good!  I was able to paste in the Bernie Sanders audio in my brain while I read this

• Upvote 1

I didn't care to hear the announcers use the term Nodak, just didn't sound right.  Sounded like they were not going to bother with the entire name of the state as it is irrelevant.

I asked my daughter what I should vote for, she asked the choices and wouldn't quit laughing when I said Sundogs.  Finally she said she would no longer cheer for UND if they were the Sundogs.   Thanks NCAA