SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Portland St.

siouxfan512

Nice article about Portland state and their coach.  He applied to be UND coach.

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/12-sports/274997-149592-vikings-coach-likes-what-foe-is-doing

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite opposing coach (up there with Kramer from Idaho State).

Going into the 2014 season, Barnum — then PSU’s offensive coordinator — interviewed to be UND’s head coach.  “My wife looked at me and said, ‘North what?’ I told her, ‘Honey, I’ll get you a swimming pool,’ ” Barnum says.

“Met him at the Big Sky Conference meetings (this year). Helluva guy. Love him,” Barnum says. “He’d been there. He knew the place. He’s a Midwestern guy, a flatlander. They picked the right guy. They would have said, ‘Barney who?’

As an offensive coordinator, “I used to throw flea-flickers from our own 1-yard line. I wanted to score every time we had the ball; that was my role as a coach then. But that’s not my world now. I need to manage all three pieces of the game and walk away after 60 minutes with more points than you.”

Though, as previously stated, he does love to sandbag...

“They’re a good team.” Barnum says. “You can see why on film we’re not picked to win.”

Im looking at matchups in this game and a question comes to my mind: Do I believe the UND offense would be better able to put up points against the PSU defense than Washington State?

Washington St. game was rainy, crappy weather, passing team, not sure if that's the right comparison.  PSU kept it close, recovered a muffed punt, kind of a weird game compared to UND handling Wyoming.  I think WSU outgained PSU by 100 yards.

My sources are saying greely, but collarbone.

Tough that it happened at practice.  Does Correthers move back out from nose guard to his natural position?  Are Tank Harris and Greer ready to handle all the snaps at Nose Guard or is Woodsmall ready to start getting more reps?