SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Volleyball Season

Dustin

Does this seem like an odd comment to anybody else?

"We won. That's it. That's all. That's the only thing anyone here should pleased with," UND head coach Mark Pryor said. "Every match matters. There comes a time in season where reality has to set in for teammates to be responsible for their own mental effort and mental preparation. That time is now."

Despite the win, there must have something that Pryor really didn't like.

UND wipes the floor clean with Tennessee-Martin, 25-9, 25-15, 25-15.  Julia Spacek played in her first action of the season and registered 2 kills.  Hitting percentage was outstanding, with no players under .000.  With Julia logging some time, the only two players to not have played yet are Sidney Mattson and Alivia Fraase (both red-shirting, at least at the moment.)

UND appeared to not make adjustments as the match went on, losing to St Louis 25-21, 18-25, 19-25, 12-25. 

Winning on the road to decent teams is an achilles heal to this young team.

St. Louis is another team NDSU beat 3-1 on the road this year. Should be a good match in Oct between the Bison and UND. It sounds like UND plays much better at home.

Sac St is now 15-2 and having beat a preseason favorite N Ariz.

Sac St secret may be the six extra scholarships they have for sand volleyball.  They were picked for 10th.

I don't think the beach scholarships (NCAA has officially named it beach volleyball) would make as much of a difference as you might think. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see beach volleyball as a sport at UND, but the cost-benefit ratio would be astronomical.

Beach would help some of the skill sets, but wouldn't do much for others. Any time spent touching a ball and competing is beneficial, but I'm not sure that beach would help that much, if at all, with recruiting. Especially in North Dakota.