SiouxSports.com Forum

2015/16 Season

obborg

It would explain Brew's attitude in that interview when he was asked that question a few weeks ago about Mia and Leah.

They still definitely have a good chance in Reno.  Team has clawed back from a lost season to now back in the hunt for a 1st round bye for the conference tourney.

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

It's not really home team message board fodder. But it was certainly a locker room issue. Let's just hope they continue their strong play and can keep the underclassmen intact in the offseason for next year and beyond. 

Really? So you are the arbiter as to what is and isn't "message board fodder"? Thanks for telling me that, I didn't know. :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Klabo had a good night.

Klabo is really starting to come on as a frosh.  She's definitely earned a spot in the top 7 or 8 rotation and looks to be moving up even higher.  I like her moves inside and agility considering her height.  She's gonna be a good one, no doubt.  The other two frosh looked good tonight too, provided spark.   

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND gets a huge home win over EWU. 72-69

7 in a row! For the Crew!

7 in a row! For the Crew!

Yah, Brew's Crew does it again.  Man, nice streak, but they sure make it difficult.  Not pretty doing it and every game close but they keep pulling them out despite continuing trouble at times with Knox and Szhablo (sp?) in handling the ball with care.   

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, no post to UND women's hoops current season thread since my last one 2 weeks ago?  The men have been stealing a lot of the thunder I guess.  The ladies though sure have been road warriors lately, winning a tough road game today at Sacramento State.  Frosh Klabo with career high 18 pts, leader Lloyd with 18 pts too and Rosoe adds 16 pts.  And frosh Morton provides another spark.  And they win despite 25 turnovers (!) but they have a big rebounding margin.  Much improved team over the dozen games, quite the turn-around by Brew's Crew. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Wow, no post to UND women's hoops current season thread since my last one 2 weeks ago?  The men have been stealing a lot of the thunder I guess.  The ladies though sure have been road warriors lately, winning a tough road game today at Sacramento State.  Frosh Klabo with career high 18 pts, leader Lloyd with 18 pts too and Rosoe adds 16 pts.  And frosh Morton provides another spark.  And they win despite 25 turnovers (!) but they have a big rebounding margin.  Much improved team over the dozen games, quite the turn-around by Brew's Crew. 

Let'stand hope they close out strong against the Montanas at home and then have momentum into Reno.

The games are at strange times and dates to provide travel time to Reno.  The Montana game is Wednesday at 7 and MSU game is Friday at 2.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Let'stand hope they close out strong against the Montanas at home and then have momentum into Reno.

The games are at strange times and dates to provide travel time to Reno.  The Montana game is Wednesday at 7 and MSU game is Friday at 2.

Yah, hope so.  That's this upcoming week, correct?  LIke you say, different game days to allow travel time then.  I suppose the Fri 2:00 game (wish it was 5:00) is due to men's home hockey game Fri night vs W. Mich.  Hope I can get off work a few hours early Fri to catch it (when the boss is away,...). 

20 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Weber State is down 20 going into the 4th quarter.  Looks like we might get a bye.

I'm confident this team can do well on a neutral floor as they've been road warriors these past 6 - 8 weeks.  Their top 3 freshmen are really helping the team out (tonight Morton with 10, the Edmore girl hit 2 quick treys and Klabo chipped in a few points too) and it seems like they get scoring from all sources as needed lately.  Playing 9 players deep/regularly, nice balanced scoring tonight and had a huge 49-28 rebounding edge I believe.  That kind of rebounding margin certainly helps off-sets the damage done by their propensity for high number of turnovers.  Missed free throws can be a bug-a-boo at times (not a very good percentage tonight) but luckily tonight's game not a very tight one.  Not to get ahead but they might be partaking in the big dance in few weeks, probably as good a shot as 2 or 3 other leading teams in the Big Sky.  

Loyd was having her way tonight, looking like the best player in the BSC.  That first half was the cleanest best-played 20 minutes of Brewster's career as a head coach here.  Our fourth seed is huge, allowing us to avoid having to travel to Reno in a rush for a Monday game.  Gotta think we are one of, if not the favorite in the tournament, given the fact that we are peaking at the perfect time.