North Dakota (6): 0-6

Maine (2): 0-2

Bemidji State (1): 0-1

Mass-Lowell (1): 0-1

Omaha (1): 0-1

RIT (1): 0-1

St. Cloud State (1): 0-1

Vermont (1): 0-1

As with all stats, any opinions you derive from them are those of your own.

Outside of BU and UND, no one has been there more than twice. But parity probably doesn't exist.

FROZEN FOUR RECORDS OVER THE PAST TEN SEASONS

Boston College (6):      8-3

Boston University (2):   3-1

Wisconsin (2):              3-1

Union (2):                     2-1

Michigan State (1):       2-0

Minnesota-Duluth (1):  2-0

Providence (1):            2-0

Yale (1):                       2-0

Miami (2):                     1-2

Michigan (2):                1-2

Minnesota (2):              1-2

Notre Dame (2):           1-2

Ferris State (1):           1-1

Quinnipiac (1):             1-1

------------------------------------------------

North Dakota (6):         0-6

Maine (2):                    0-2

Bemidji State (1):         0-1

Mass-Lowell (1):          0-1

Omaha (1):                  0-1

RIT (1):                        0-1

St. Cloud State (1):      0-1

Vermont (1):                 0-1

If I am a recruit, I'm not looking at how many times you have won the title, I'm looking at consistency.....

FROZEN FOUR RECORDS OVER THE PAST TEN SEASONS

Boston College (6):      8-3

Boston University (2):   3-1

Wisconsin (2):              3-1

Union (2):                     2-1

Michigan State (1):       2-0

Minnesota-Duluth (1):  2-0

Providence (1):            2-0

Yale (1):                       2-0

Miami (2):                     1-2

Michigan (2):                1-2

Minnesota (2):              1-2

Notre Dame (2):           1-2

Ferris State (1):           1-1

Quinnipiac (1):             1-1

------------------------------------------------

North Dakota (6):         0-6

Maine (2):                    0-2

Bemidji State (1):         0-1

Mass-Lowell (1):          0-1

Omaha (1):                  0-1

RIT (1):                        0-1

St. Cloud State (1):      0-1

Vermont (1):                 0-1

So yes we have been terrible in the Frozen Four, and we have also got to watch out team play in more Frozen Fours than most teams. I want a championship as much as the next guy, but I'll take being in the mix every single year, over some of these teams that win one, and then don't even make the tourney the next year. No thanks, I like have a progam that is consistently at the top to watch week in and week out all winter.

Exactly, Union has a title in the last 10 years; NoDak does not. Well, Mr Boeser, where would you like to play?

If he and his blue-chip teammates are not better than Union's or Providence's players when it counts why do we keep saying that UND recruits so well?  What is the problem if we are getting so many high end, blue-chip kids year after year after year?

For all of the haters, if you want to replace Hakstol. Name a better coach? There are very few names that would put up the type of numbers he has. And I'm sick of the whining about Sandelin having a championship, because if you put the two coaches resumes next to each other, I'll still take Hak's consistency. Though that is not a knock and Sandy, I think he is a solid coach. But every year it is the same sorry whiners, who can't get over the fact that the team lost. Find me one credible player, scout, reporter who thinks that Hakstol should be fired based on his performance .... nope you can't, just the same sad whiny fans as last year.

For all of the haters, if you want to replace Hakstol. Name a better coach? There are very few names that would put up the type of numbers he has. And I'm sick of the whining about Sandelin having a championship, because if you put the two coaches resumes next to each other, I'll still take Hak's consistency. Though that is not a knock and Sandy, I think he is a solid coach. But every year it is the same sorry whiners, who can't get over the fact that the team lost. Find me one credible player, scout, reporter who thinks that Hakstol should be fired based on his performance .... nope you can't, just the same sad whiny fans as last year.

Why are they "haters"?  The facts are what they are, for both sides of the argument.  The guy can't win a big game, period.  But he can win a ton of regular season games and first round NCAA games.  It's a weird situation to figure out.

True.  Every once and a while another team will come up and be really good for a couple years like the two you list plus SMU and A&M at various times.  But UT has been far-and-away the most successful and storied program in that state and they always should be.  I think they are much like the Gophers in this regard.  I think a much better comparison as far as colleges that do well in recruiting but have to venture out of there state and into rival territory for their talent would be Oklahoma. 

Of course a new coach would use this to their advantage but its not like Hakstol is some terrible coach.  I don't think anyone here could tell me with a straight face that they wouldn't take what Hak has done in his tenure here over what Lucia has accomplished in the same time frame.  I also don't think people would trade in what we have accomplished under Hak for one championship with Eades and all the misery that has followed that. 

People just need to be more realistic with their expectations.  Jack Parker won 3 championships in 40 years of coaching and he is widely considered a college hockey coaching great.  Berenson has 2 in over 30 years at Michigan and he is another name near the top of a lot of lists.

Blah Blah Blah Red

If he and his blue-chip teammates are not better than Union's or Providence's players when it counts why do we keep saying that UND recruits so well?  What is the problem if we are getting so many high end, blue-chip kids year after year after year?

Its hockey and its played on ice not on paper. You're still going to go get the best players you can. Ask Minnesota about losing to Union last year; who do you think had more draft picks. Same case when Yale won it. Does the #1 NHL team win the cup every year?

Our loss in the tourney to Michigan was the perfect example. We came out of that regional winning games 6-0 and 6-1. Far and away the best team in the tourney on paper, and to that point the best team on the ice. Hockey doesn't always reward the best team, and the outcome doesn't always reflect the play. We have won games this year where we were probably not the better team out there, and against Boston we had the better play.

In a full season with this many games, and a tourney that is 1 and done, anyone who gets in has a chance to win. Thats just the way it is. Do you think Boston losing means they should fire their coach? Do you Deano should be fired, because he lost in the Semis? No because it happens. The only reason people can complain about Hak losing so many Frozen Fours, is because he has gotten us to that many Frozen Fours. Which is more than just about anyone else out there.

Why are they "haters"?  The facts are what they are, for both sides of the argument.  The guy can't win a big game, period.  But he can win a ton of regular season games and first round NCAA games.  It's a weird situation to figure out.

Right, but who fills his spot if Hak gets fired. The argument is pointless, unless you have someone who is going to produce better. And to this point, I have not heard any names.

Right, but who fills his spot if Hak gets fired. The argument is pointless, unless you have someone who is going to produce better. And to this point, I have not heard any names.

That is because nobody really knows hockey coaching names, other than the new ones that keep winning NC's.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Talk about cutting and pasting..

I think I've read your " gamblers fallacy" comments a few times in the past..

Check out @DStarmanHockey's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DStarmanHockey/status/587697872096907264?s=09

I am not calling for Hak to be fired, just expressing frustration on the 1-7 Frozen Four record. Refering to other coaches' with a title droughts does not make me lessen my expectations of the Sioux Hockey Program any more than comparing us to Alaska Anchorage would.    

What if he heads to Omaha and takes over after Dean leaves?  

Speaking of Blais. Omaha was about the worst prepared team I've seen in the Frozen Four in many years. They did not come to play and were overwhelmed. Blais did a horrible job preparing that team for the big stage. They never even put up a challenge.

• Upvote 2

Eli Manning or Payton Manning....Who you picking?

Brett Favre or Trent Dilfer.....Who you picking?

Speaking of Blais. Omaha was about the worst prepared team I've seen in the Frozen Four in many years. They did not come to play and were overwhelmed. Blais did a horrible job preparing that team for the big stage. They never even put up a challenge.

I'd say Omaha looked terrible, but they would have had to show up for me to look at them. 

The only reason I have to believe Omaha was there at all is I saw Dean Blais in the upper concourse between games. 

I am not calling for Hak to be fired, just expressing frustration on the 1-7 Frozen Four record. Refering to other coaches' with a title droughts does not make me lessen my expectations of the Sioux Hockey Program any more than comparing us to Alaska Anchorage would.    

Put Dean or Gino in the exact same Frozen Four games that Hak has been in, and I am betting we still have 7 titles. Some of those games we were just outplayed; BC usually got the best of us, because they were dominating teams. They were just better. Some games have no explanation, that is just the way the sport is. We outplayed BU and lost, and that is the coach's fault. Had we showed up like Lucia's Goofers did and played completely flat and uninspired in the first game of the tourney, I would have been a little more upset.

Oh, no no no no no. That's not on Blais at all. That's on the players.