WPA: 4th 
Runs: 5th

Fewest games to reach 50 career homers in Twins history: 
219 Miguel Sano 
245 Jimmie Hall 
274 Justin Morneau 
283 Tom Brunansky

2 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

what a lousy couple of games....  WTH was that in the 9th yesterday????

It may actually be good for them to get on the road for a couple. 

Loved the batting practice they threw in the 9th.  Boston was only able to add 10 runs before Twins pitching shut them down.

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Loved the batting practice they threw in the 9th.  Boston was only able to add 10 runs before Twins pitching shut them down.

Sox had only scored 8 runs all year in the 9th until yesterday. Make that 18 now. 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Looks like the twins picked up a real ace in exchange for Danny Santana.  :silly:

Well, they at least got something.  The Twins had designated Santana for assignment, and he would have hit waivers in a few days.  Chapman certainly isn't an All-Star by any means, but Santana was rotten garbage the last two seasons and wasn't looking any better to start this season.  I wish Santana well, and hopefully he gets his career back on track.  And for Chapman...well, hopefully he can figure it out in AAA and can make an impact for the  Twins in the near future.

28 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The Twins won their 18th game tonight against Cleveland

Last year it took them until June 11th to get their 18th win.

Sano hit another bomb, Erv pitched another gem.

I wonder if Erv will become a valuable trade piece this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, sioux rube said:

And the Twins are listening to trade talks with him now. 

Going to be very interesting to see as the summer goes on, and if the Twins hang in contention, what they decide to do.

Impressive sweep of Baltimore.  Now can they start winning at home?

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Going to be very interesting to see as the summer goes on, and if the Twins hang in contention, what they decide to do.

Impressive sweep of Baltimore.  Now can they start winning at home?

That'll be the key - they've had a history of sending off a star pitcher for prospects if the season isn't progressing.  If they're still in contention in July, however, they may be buying instead of selling...

10 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

That'll be the key - they've had a history of sending off a star pitcher for prospects if the season isn't progressing.  If they're still in contention in July, however, they may be buying instead of selling...

Not only would they have a decision on Santana should that occur, but Dozier would be in those discussions as well.  With Gordon waiting in the wings at SS, they are going to have to make a hard decision on who they want to end up keeping between him and Polanco. 

The one big concern I have if they are in contention is the closer, not because I think Kintzer is terrible, he has done a very good job and his story is pretty cool... I have no idea how he will handle a big save spot in a middle of a division chase. I hope he isn't like Perkins who was very fragile mentally.

With that said... its fun to see them in first place on Memorial Day weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...