SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Player Defections

sioux24/7

have they ever left or said they were leaving?

Nobody will officially know until they say something, twitter says something, or UND announces it, which would not happen until the end of the semester (or even next fall).  They need to finish out the semester to be eligible somewhere else.  But you already know that.   :silly:

Nobody will officially know until they say something, twitter says something, or UND announces it, which would not happen until the end of the semester (or even next fall).  They need to finish out the semester to be eligible somewhere else.  But you already know that.   :silly:

Not really, several players at several schools have announced they will be leaving.  Players are guaranteed a scholarship for the semester even if they announce they are leaving.  Teams are still working on rosters and filling out scholarships . Waiting to announce not really conducive to maximizing ones future scholarship options. 

Not really, several players at several schools have announced they will be leaving.  Players are guaranteed a scholarship for the semester even if they announce they are leaving.  Teams are still working on rosters and filling out scholarships . Waiting to announce not really conducive to maximizing ones future scholarship options. 

We know that UND understands how picking up transfers works, unfortunately.  Not going to argue there.  I said they need to finish out the semester in school, which means they have not "left" yet.  They may have left the team but not school.  

Until UND announces it or the kid does, there is no way to know.  Also, at UND's level it is not as publicized as say the kids at Louisville leaving.  There are no draft implications, for instance.

MSU just released a statement that Joey Frenchwood, Bradley Fisher, Ryan Shannon and Terrell Brown are no longer on the basketball team.

A brand new coach cleaning house.  Not players leaving the program on their own cause of the state of the program.  

If I was Coleman I probably would have transferred too. He should've got a lot more playing time than he did. Very disappointed to see Shields go. Was really excited to see how he develops but I could see this one coming too. Wish both of them luck!

I don't know about Coleman...Disappointed with Shields leaving also. Possibly due to not being on scholarship? Or going closer to home, that's very common.  Either way, that's a tough one to lose.  And good luck to both of them!

Has UND confirmed this yet? I know its on ESPN but I have not seen UND release anything.

Yes. From the comments section of Miller's blog:

• UND has just confirmed the departure of Shields and Coleman. It also said those are the only defections from last year’s roster at this time (my emphasis added).

Yes. The other two aren't transferring, which is why they aren't "official" yet. Of course, it's possible they change their mind, but I'm sticking with what I heard until I hear otherwise.

Not transferring?  So they're just hanging it up?