SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Question on this, 1st does the Strickland guy actually have a clue what hes talking about. Earlier tweeted Jordan was gone, now all of a sudden hes staying? Second, why would Hak leaving make Jordan want to stay all of a sudden, its not like Berry wasnt going to be there doing things anyways?? Find this odd

From what I have read Strickland is a reliable source.

As for the rest, maybe it isn't so much Hak leaving that has Jordan wanting to stay, but the fact that Berry is the one replacing him rather than someone outside the program. Maybe he would have stayed with Hak here too. Just trying to read between the lines. Plus I think part of him would like to become a FA and then sign with Chicago if he can.

Don't know for sure but to me it seems like he really doesn't have an idea either way and is just trying to be 1st to report something. Maybe this guy does actually know and Hak leaving does influence Jordan's decision but that's kind of hard for me to believe. I'm not putting much stock into his reports and will wait for a report from someone a little more reliable.

The hard part to interpret from that tweet, is it Hak leaving that sways Jordan, or is it that Berry is staying. I think he probably would have stayed anyway, then know that Hak is leaving and Berry is staying and the program remains consistent .... maybe that was the factor.

I also heard a rumor we are trying to schedule a game with the Brandon Wheatkings, which would be a first I believe.

Totally random question:

Could UND ever schedule an AHL team like, the Iowa Wild, for an exhibition game? Is that even allowed? Just seems like if they could do something like that it would be a really cool marketing event. I know I'd want to watch.

I also heard a rumor we are trying to schedule a game with the Brandon Wheatkings, which would be a first I believe.

So if you can't play in Major Juniors and be eligible to play NCAA hockey, how can you play against them otherwise?

So if you can't play in Major Juniors and be eligible to play NCAA hockey, how can you play against them otherwise?

That is along the lines of what I was wondering. Maybe if it is exhibition is doesn't matter, I remember the UofM playing professional European teams back in the day. The players looked like race cars with all of the sponsors and adverstisements on their jerseys.

Honestly have no idea how it works, just know they were in talks to play. I know that for a fact. Maybe it fell apart due to all the details/restrictions but this was pretty recent that they were working on it.

The weird thing about this is that among the famous alumni of that program there is a familiar name... Ron Hextall