SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

AZSIOUX

Listed of most hated UND opponents….imo :

1. Gophers
  2. BC
  3. DU
  4. Michigan

BC and DU are very close in hated ....technically DU is a longer rival.... but BC losses are always season enders, apparently we have a distain for maroon/crimson and gold teams

My list:

1. Minny

2. DU

3. BC

4. Bucky

Michigan is above WI on my list for two reasons: 9 and 2011

I've never considered Michigan much of a rival. Don't play them often enough and '11 felt like it was more us that lost that game rather than them winning it, if that makes sense? Plus they lost the next night to UMD anyways.

UMN, DU, BC, WISCO

I've seen the sioux play du more than any other team since 03. From Magness to the ralph to Columbus to the springs...they have probably ended our season as much as BC..f EM both. Ha caused some long rides trips home! All these maroon shaded teams I guess...

That aside the games have been a fun. Fights, gwoz dancing and roaming the ralph and title games. Go Sioux!! Sweep du

I've never considered Michigan much of a rival. Don't play them often enough and '11 felt like it was more us that lost that game rather than them winning it, if that makes sense? Plus they lost the next night to UMD anyways.

UMN, DU, BC, WISCO

Michigan has been more of a post-season rival.  There was awhile when we ran into them every year in the national tourney (much like BC).

That game a few yrs ago at the Ralph where we came back down by 3 or 4 & won was one of the best games ever - I had a good friend & his son come with me (their 1st game at the Ralph) they loved it

Yup! I'll never forget it. Kozek with the hatty. Ripping lasers all of the ice.

At Magness earlier this year one of the gals working the info desk tried to tell me how ugly our colors are, and how beautiful their "crimson" is. I just shook my head. MN, BC, and Denver = terrible colors. Harvard's "crimson" is also a much better color.

I would have responded with how ugly her face was... because I'm really mature when it comes to people talking bad about my hockey team :) Seriously though, I would've said it.

Joey LaLeggia is expecting another highly-competitive series with North Dakota in Grand Forks this weekend.  “The fans (at Ralph Engelstad Arena) are some of the most passionate not just in college hockey but in the world.  Anytime you go to North Dakota you know it’s going to be wild. It’s a special environment to play in.“

Pioneers head coach Jim Montgomery is also anticipating an intense college hockey series between DU and UND at ‘The Ralph’ this weekend.“North Dakota is obviously a high-quality opponent and we know the atmosphere there will be hostile,” Denver’s second-year bench boss says.

These comments make me think of two words:  Alanna Rizzo