SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NFL Playoffs

jodcon

He has two feet down before falling on the ground. If this is overturned, I'll rescind my earlier Dallas Cowboy conspiracy theory comments...because obviously it's a Green Bay conspiracy to get the Packers to the Super Bowl so State Farm can make money on Aaron Rodgers commercials.

:-)

I don't like Dex Bryant but he goes up and gets ball and took 3 steps, knee hit ground then lost control when he landed with hand out stretched. Might be I don't know how many steps necessary before you would be considered a ball carrier but I would have thought that was catch and if defender wasn't in contact, a fumble then recovered. First Fb game I remember watching was Packers Eagles early 60's and have been long time Packers fan but I think we got a break. Was Cowboys fan for 9 yrs when son in law with Cowboys but no matter who you like this is a great game.

The Cowboys now know how the Lions felt last week it sure looked like Dez had control and took 3 steps. I think this is more a bad rule than bad call the whole completing the full process thing is stupid just like it was when it took away a TD from Calvin Johnson against Chicago years back.

I don't like Dex Bryant but he goes up and gets ball and took 3 steps, knee hit ground then lost control when he landed with hand out stretched. Might be I don't know how many steps necessary before you would be considered a ball carrier but I would have thought that was catch and if defender wasn't in contact, a fumble then recovered. First Fb game I remember watching was Packers Eagles early 60's and have been long time Packers fan but I think we got a break. Was Cowboys fan for 9 yrs when son in law with Cowboys but no matter who you like this is a great game.

Media ref says you forget steps cuz receiver going to ground so it was incomplete and good call. Didn't matter that he took 3 steps, Howie Long also said 3 steps and they said he had possession but he was going to ground so he has to control to ground which he didn't.

Media ref says you forget steps cuz receiver going to ground so it was incomplete and good call. Didn't matter that he took 3 steps, Howie Long also said 3 steps and they said he had possession but he was going to ground so he has to control to ground which he didn't.

The problem I have with that call is he had the ball with both hands then switched it to one and reached for the endzone while taking more steps...Perriera says he didn't reach enough? Doesn't having a ball and moving it to one hand and reaching AT ALL show some kind of possession? This seems like a bull$%!# call, and I hate the Cowboys.

So let's assume Dez was falling over the goal line when that happened...is that a TD because he has crossed the imaginary plane of the goal line?

So let's assume Dez was falling over the goal line when that happened...is that a TD because he has crossed the imaginary plane of the goal line?

No, same reasoning. Because he was " going to the ground" he has to control ball after hitting ground.