SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey Mid-Season Break thoughts....

AZSIOUX

What if you take out the games where Nick Schmaltz wasn't in the lineup?

In the four games Nick missed, UND was 1-15. So with Nick in the other 5 NCHC games (leaving out the second CC game) UND was 2-18. Not much difference.

In one NCHC game against CC UND was at 5-9, 55% on the PP. The rest of the NCHC games UND was 3-33, 9% on the PP.

MacMillan got hurt in the first Providence game. So in the Miami, SCSU, UNO, and DU series UND played without MacMillan or Schmaltz or with both recovering from injuries. I am hopeful that impacted the power play and that things will get better with some healing.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/12/18_saturday_nights_alright.php

“We changed the way we started off our preseason,” top-scorer Drake Caggiula revealed last month. “My first two years here, we did a lot of hard conditioning, and guys were getting tired heading into the season. So we made some adjustments off the ice in terms of that. I think that’s given us more of an opportunity to perform well on weekends.”

North Dakota’s goal-differential is at its best in the third period, and UND is 8-0-0 when leading after one, 11-0-1 when leading after two.

So I'm currently with Dish Network but am strongly considering switching to Direct TV. Can anyone confirm for me what channel the UND home games are televised on and if I can get that channel through Direct tv? Thanks, I appreciate it!

The same televised games are on both dish and directv. Midcosn is not on either, so you can't get all home games on either satellite tv provider

So I'm currently with Dish Network but am strongly considering switching to Direct TV. Can anyone confirm for me what channel the UND home games are televised on and if I can get that channel through Direct tv? Thanks, I appreciate it!

It's on 608 and a lot of the games from the second half will be on it. I get the Sports Pac for an additional $12.00 a month so I will be able to watch the GLI and the Bean Pot.

It's on 608 and a lot of the games from the second half will be on it. I get the Sports Pac for an additional $12.00 a month so I will be able to watch the GLI and the Bean Pot.

Same options with dish and the multisports pack. If either of the sats add midcosn, they'll get a lot of new subscribers (Sioux fans). The fcs games have been on 412-38 or39 on the hopper. Not all home games are on either sat. Compare price of the two for the channels you want, and get the cheaper. CBSSN is in the dish top 200 package I believe

Same options with dish and the multisports pack. If either of the sats add midcosn, they'll get a lot of new subscribers (Sioux fans). The fcs games have been on 412-38 or39 on the hopper. Not all home games are on either sat. Compare price of the two for the channels you want, and get the cheaper. CBSSN is in the dish top 200 package I believe

Thanks! I currently get the sports package with Dish Network with all the regional Fox channels but I could've sworn there was also a stand alone channel called "Fox College Sports" that showed all the UND home games. Am I wrong?

Thanks! I currently get the sports package with Dish Network with all the regional Fox channels but I could've sworn there was also a stand alone channel called "Fox College Sports" that showed all the UND home games. Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. UND got some games back on fcs this year, but not all as they did prior to the league's cbssn contact. Although dish doesn't have a specific fcs channel, all the games that have been on fcs are on dish alternate sports channels, as you no doubt found.

The only way to see all home games are cable tv, either midco cable or another cable company that pays midco for the station (or pay for the nchc.tv stream)

Yes you are wrong. UND got some games back on fcs this year, but not all as they did prior to the league's cbssn contact. Although dish doesn't have a specific fcs channel, all the games that have been on fcs are on dish alternate sports channels, as you no doubt found.

The only way to see all home games are cable tv, either midco cable or another cable company that pays midco for the station (or pay for the nchc.tv stream)

Gotcha, thanks!

Midco wouldn't let them air all of the UND home games on FCS. 

This team plays it's best when they are sweating (in trouble) if they would just come out & play like they are down a couple goals from the 1st drop of the puck they will be National Champs. They will improve but can they play full games with 100% intent to win

This team plays it's best when they are sweating (in trouble) if they would just come out & play like they are down a couple goals from the 1st drop of the puck they will be National Champs. They will improve but can they play full games with 100% intent to win

Imo if they always played a full 60, i dont see why this Sioux team if healthy or even not completely at 100% cant win the National title!

Fetch, post #64, you make an excellent point. They seem to have to be in trouble before they turn it on the intensity, not sure why that might be? And I'm just not talking when they're behind in a game (e.g. LSSU & AF), but also when they're down in a series (e.g. at St Clown & at Denver). Frustrating to say the least. Based on their mentality, I had a feeling that after winning the first game Fri night vs Miami & Providence both they would not get the sweep, which they didn't. They need to change their mindset, motivation, hunger, etc. I realize some of those teams are talented too and trying hard too but no excuses when playing Bemidji (split), Providence (tie second night), and AF (took a miracle win).

Midco wouldn't let them air all of the UND home games on FCS. 

Midco would no doubt love to get their regional SN on the sats, which probably explains why they wouldn't allow all home games to be aired. Would guess they're still hoping pressure from Sioux fans would get dish/direct to add them.

Fetch, post #64, you make an excellent point. They seem to have to be in trouble before they turn it on the intensity, not sure why that might be? And I'm just not talking when they're behind in a game (e.g. LSSU & AF), but also when they're down in a series (e.g. at St Clown & at Denver). Frustrating to say the least. Based on their mentality, I had a feeling that after winning the first game Fri night vs Miami & Providence both they would not get the sweep, which they didn't. They need to change their mindset, motivation, hunger, etc. I realize some of those teams are talented too and trying hard too but no excuses when playing Bemidji (split), Providence (tie second night), and AF (took a miracle win).

Providence doesn't belong in that list of teams, they're much better at #17 in Pairwise right now.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realize Providence had climbed up to #17 in PW.  I knew at beginning of season they were ranked just a hair behind the Sioux so I knew then they were a qlty team then I later heard they were not doing nearly as well as suspected but didn't realize they had come back a bit.  Hey, that's good then if they rise in the PW, makes the Sioux look better in non-conf play (a tie ain't a loss although it no doubt felt like it at the time)

so I'll take it. 

Need help;

Anyone remember an article written a few years ago that discussed attendance comparisons between Sioux games vs other non NCAA hockey programs? If I recall Duke basketball was one of them. I need that article...

Also can anyone think of a good article in the past comparing the Minnesota vs North Dakota hockey rivalry to the biggest in all of colligate sports?

Oh and one more thing, does anyone recall if there have been any dealths associated with said rivalry??!? Looking for a home run here????

I need data, am in the middle of a holiday family gathering debate... Save me from having to make random edits to Wikipedia to win my argument...

Need help;

Anyone remember an article written a few years ago that discussed attendance comparisons between Sioux games vs other non NCAA hockey programs? If I recall Duke basketball was one of them. I need that article...

Also can anyone think of a good article in the past comparing the Minnesota vs North Dakota hockey rivalry to the biggest in all of colligate sports?

Oh and one more thing, does anyone recall if there have been any dealths associated with said rivalry??!? Looking for a home run here????

I need data, am in the middle of a holiday family gathering debate... Save me from having to make random edits to Wikipedia to win my argument...

Still looking for help here?