SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Lake Superior State

AZSIOUX

Hockey is the only sport that really does that though. Google college football injury report and you at least can see if it is a foot injury or hip injury. All the same concerns about targeting and strategic advantage are present in football. They do the same thing in the pros. Google NHL injury report and then google NFL injury report. 

Hockey injury could be a stubbed toe or a broken femur and they would both be reported as a lower body injury with the player being out indefinitely. Indefinitely could be 2 days or 2 months or 2 years or whatever.

From my vantage point, this team does a fine job of cycling in the corners. UND has scored a ton of goals this year off board play, including Nick and Jordan's goals last weekend. The difference between it not working and it creating scoring chances is those forwards really moving their feet and out-working the opposing defenders. It's important to have every skater playing hard on the puck, or working to find open ice.

HIPAA does not apply to hockey teams or universities.  It only apply to certain types of health care providers and insurance companies.  But yes, non-disclosure of a player's injury is to prevent opponents from gaining a tactical advantage because of that player's injury.

If they are treated by a University employee, FERPA might however.

HIPAA does not apply to hockey teams or universities.  It only apply to certain types of health care providers and insurance companies.  But yes, non-disclosure of a player's injury is to prevent opponents from gaining a tactical advantage because of that player's injury.

Colleges are very limited in what information they can legally release about a student.  The student would have to sign a waiver allowing the college to release medical information.

Series sweep is what I am predicting. Anything less is unacceptable.

Watched LSSU twice this season - a young, young team. Great jerseys and great tradition, but it's been 20 years of trying to recapture that '88, '92, and '94 magic - and the Lakers won't find it this weekend. 6-1 tonight, 5-1 tomorrow night. Cue the traditional circle of sticks.

Can anyone think of a weaker team to come to the Ralph in sometime? This should be a home sweep if UND shows up at all.

I know Bemidji is kind of a rival and all but they are 4-10 while Lake State is 3-13 playing in the same conference and we all know how that first Bemidji game went. Air Force is 5-8-2 and we know how that went. I don't think these are games you can just sleepwalk through as we've learned earlier in the year.

I know Bemidji is kind of a rival and all but they are 4-10 while Lake State is 3-13 playing in the same conference and we all know how that first Bemidji game went. Air Force is 5-8-2 and we know how that went. I don't think these are games you can just sleepwalk through as we've learned earlier in the year.

Bemidji has played the 4th toughest schedule in the nation.

Series sweep is what I am predicting. Anything less is unacceptable. 

UND seems to play to the level of their competition whether it's a bad Wisconsin team for a high flying Miami team. Have to break that cycle and put these games away in the first 2 periods each night. Nothing to gain in the pairwise but tragic if they lose one and the players know this.  no excuses.   UND 5-2, 4-2. Hammer will be calling for the Traditional Circle of Sticks on Saturday night.

7 of Bemidji's 10 losses have been by 2 goals or less. 7 of Lake Superior State's 13 losses have been by 3 goals or more. UND needs to do more than just "show up" in order to sweep though.