SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Dogz

WPoS

Who are the UND fans goign to root for?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the UND fans goign to root for?

• Gophers, UND needs the space.
    • Bulldogs, can't root for the evil Gophers.

:D

A couple of wins by the Sioux this weekend could be what the doctor ordered for the Sioux. It would make things a lot better. I would love to be able to watch the team practices this week. I am sure they will probably be all business. Lots of skating drills and defensive work.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care of business. Sikota is right. That said, I would just as soon see the Dogs win in Duluth. It will be good for their program, their fans, and for the league. It will also be good for Gopher fans and its program as well.

Most importantly, it will go toward insuring that The Cup may well be on the line come February 27-28 when the two top teams in the WCHA face off at the DECC.

Why is that? Both teams have the same # of points & the same remaining # of conference games. Why the difference?

I am not sure since UND has beaten UMD three times already too. Who cares UMD will be looking up at UND by the end of the season. Jim's page clears it up more.

UND 29 4 1st-T7th

Can clinch 6th with 1 point this weekend

Can clinch T-5th with 3 points this weekend

UMD 29 4 1st-T7th

Can clinch 6th with 2 points this weekend

Can clinch 5th with 4 points this weekend

Wasn't it Bochenski who said earlier this year something like:

You don't score on 100% of the shots that are not on net.

In one of the pictures of the Badger series posted on this site, there is a very nice pic of Genoway coming down and taking what looks like a slapshot at the goal.

Take a look at where the puck is going....

I'll be cheering for a split. As much as I would like to see the Sioux separate themselves from the Dogz, I have a tough time rooting for a gopher sweep.

Its like who fricken cares. UND is in good position no matter what happens this weekend. I am sure coach will have them focused to play good hockey.

Maybe coach will have them doing some herbies. I know if I was the coach, I would skate their asses off (run them into the ground) for this past weekend's effort , you know make them pay for their mistakes. Then I would move on.

In one of the pictures of the Badger series posted on this site, there is a very nice pic of Genoway coming down and taking what looks like a slapshot at the goal.

Take a look at where the puck is going....

The same pic I noticed, and also look at Bruckler, eyes fixed downward at his five hole, with what appears to be much of the short side available. There's is no way he makes that save if it's shot on net, since he can't react to a puck he's not looking at.

I can't wait to watch the series on FSN...except for the part about listening to Woog and Mazocco for 2 1/2 hours. I wonder how many times they will downplay the earlier sweep at Mariucci... :silly:

I am sure that the clowed prince of the WCHA Doug Woug will bring it up at every chance that he gets. Also look for Wooger to work over the officating and bring up every penatly that isn't called. You might want to turn down the sound and listen to your own announcers. That way you don't have to listen to the pro-Minnesota bias. ???

Bias-shmias... ??? I will have to put up with "In Heaven There Is No Beer" about 20 million times this weekend. Most of the available seats for us Gopher fans are right next to the UMD student section, should be interesting. We'll have 2-300 fans there vs. their 400 person student section. I will miss our old spot behind the goalie in sections R&S, but I guess that's what happens when you piss off an old umluni by being louder than his student section! :silly:

WPoS

So anyway last night, I'm watching the UMD game with some Michigan and Wisco alums who are also hockey guys, and FSN pans to the UMD fan section and we see a bunch of guys with "Penalty Box" shirts on. One of my buddies looks over, and says, "WTF is the 'Penalty Box'? Some support group for fat men?"

Just thought I'd share that. :)???

pentalty box is a group of students that LOVE to drink...I actually know/met most of them and have met the ring leaders on many occasions. Good group of guys, misguided, but fun to have brews with. DHG is a DEAD ringer for Bluto....especially in a toga!

WPoS

Of course I voted for the DogZ. Any self-respecting hockey fan, other than the rodent faithful, would. The Dogz season sweep of the Gophers will work wonders for their program, will strengthen the truth about the strength of the WCHA, and will have the Gopher team, and their faithful, looking for knives and backs. I just hope the Sioux split with CC doesn't have our collection of fans looking for the blades and the cold water treatment on the wrists.

The Dogs sweep, among other things, does the following:

1. Increases the liklihood of the McNaughton Cup being on the line at the DECC in two weeks. Shame on those who did not buy their tickets when they could.

2. Increases the liklihood of a Gopher-CC first round play-off matchup. While I would hate to see the Gophers miss the Final Five, I would get over it. Same with the dance, although they should take a seed there barring a complete collapse.

3. Increases the possibility of the Gophers going on the road first round. Something their faithful used to crow, and may still crow, would never happen.

Blais has it right. We are in the driver's seat for the Cup. Just have to take care of business and hope, of course, that the Dogz stumble at least a shade.