SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Dogz

WPoS

Who are the UND fans goign to root for?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the UND fans goign to root for?

• Gophers, UND needs the space.
    • Bulldogs, can't root for the evil Gophers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out! I'll be completely behind the Gophs this weekend! ;)

yah, me also, funny about that huh? :) But I AM curious as to UND fan's response to this issue for their standing. I had every possitive thought they would come away this weekend with 4 from Bucky and help BOTH our teams... :D

WPoS

I'm pulling for a split. The Sioux still control their own destiny with the Bulldogs, so no reason to pull for a Gopher sweep. Also, Minnesota is up to #4 in the PWR, notching a top seed and keeping them out of North Dakota's bracket. Don't want to see them on the Olympic ice come tourney time. A split gives us a chance to retake sole lead over the Bulldogs and is probably enough to keep the Gophers in the top 4 of the Pair Wise. This is a huge series for Minnesota, if they are swept it will be very tough to make the top 3, which is vital this year.

Ahem, they're TIED for 4th in the PWR with UMD.  Personally, I don't see how on Friday night when UMD beat MSU-M 8-1, and Minnesota squeaked by BSU 2-1, Minnesota jumped from 6th in the PWR into a 4th place tie with UMD.

possibly because BSU is the top of their league and MSU-M isn't? BSU could probably beat most of the lower 4 teams in the WCHA right now. They are not a bad team.

WPoS

Ahem, they're TIED for 4th in the PWR with UMD.  Personally, I don't see how on Friday night when UMD beat MSU-M 8-1, and Minnesota squeaked by BSU 2-1, Minnesota jumped from 6th in the PWR into a 4th place tie with UMD.

Mankato's bad record hurt your RPI and Bemidji's good one helped Minnesota. Also, should Bemidji's RPI get above .500 so they become a TUC, or if they win the CHA tourney and they become one automatically, that will hurt you since you lost to them.

Here's my prediction of the tourney pairings if the season ended today.

West

North Dakota vs. Bemidji State

Minnesota-Duluth vs. Ohio State

Midwest

Minnesota vs. Massachusetts

Michigan vs. St. Cloud State

Northeast

Boston College vs. Holy Cross

New Hampshire vs. Denver

East

Maine vs. Brown

Wisconsin vs. Miami

I wonder what I voted for... :)

Didn't know you were a Sioux fan (the poll is directed at Sioux fans) :D

For me, I chose a Bulldog sweep--anything to keep the Gophers out of the top 3 & as a play-in at the Final Five. I'd like to see rubber legs in the Gophers when they're entering the NCAAs & playing a possible 3 games in 3 days is a good way to achieve that. This is also good in that it forces the Sioux to play their best hockey in order not to fall out of 1st place.

Curious how many Gopher haters will be secretly pulling for the Gophes this weekend. What an exciting end for the regular season!

WPoS

Actully funny that you should ask I was eating breakfast at my buddies house in Lino Lakes this morning saying that I want to see UofM sweep the Dirty Blow Dogs. God that makes my skin crawl. But what ever happens, happens this weekend. I don't think UND has to worry if it they had to match up with UMD or UofM in the playoffs I think UND would prevail. Some have a case of wishfull thinking; in thinking that UND is going to tank the season, they got swept in Wisconsin may good Sioux teams have. Being we have two tough games in the 8 games they have left. 6-2 for the last 8 would be fine with me.