SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Dogz

WPoS

Who are the UND fans goign to root for?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the UND fans goign to root for?

• Gophers, UND needs the space.
    • Bulldogs, can't root for the evil Gophers.

Well, Grandpa Sid finally explained Minnie's loss in his 2/19 column in the Strib. Not an "alibi" but an explanation ... :0:lol:

"This isn't an alibi for the Gophers men's hockey team that lost four games in a row to Minnesota Duluth, *but* the average age of UMD's players is 22.32 years compared to 20.79 for the Gophers' players. UMD has eight Canadians, some with junior hockey experience. The Gophers have one Canadian (defenseman Peter Kennedy) and one international player (forward Thomas Vanek)." Sid "My best friend is Geritol" Hartman

Now if Minnie recruited more, older Canadians, they'd be "alright". :huh:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know Sid couldn't tell a puck from a donut, even by taste. But I thought it was a pretty stupid line, especially after Lucia and the team's comments about the series. This coming from the same guy who's mentioned Lucia's recruiting north of the border in a positive light ... :lol:

Sid is senile...you are right, he couldn't tell if it was a puck or a donut. Sad thing is, in college I actually worked for one of Sid's companies...they guy is a complete yutz. He almost makes some of old Denny's line sound smart!

WPoS

"This isn't an alibi for the Gophers men's hockey team that lost four games in a row to Minnesota Duluth, *but* the average age of UMD's players is 22.32 years compared to 20.79 for the Gophers' players. UMD has eight Canadians, some with junior hockey experience. The Gophers have one Canadian (defenseman Peter Kennedy) and one international player (forward Thomas Vanek)." Sid "My best friend is Geritol" Hartman

Good stuff, NOT :lol: By next year, if the Dogz do well in the NCAA's, they'll all be 27 year old Canadians.

Good stuff, NOT :lol: By next year, if the Dogz do well in the NCAA's, they'll all be 27 year old Canadians.

Sid should just stick to kissing the T-Wolves, Mason, and Pohlad's collective backsides. The Gophers actually had a younger average the previous two seasons and managed to do OK. Age wise they were the youngest team in both the St. Paul and Buffalo Frozen Fours.

The Gophs got whipped be UMD this year because UMD played great, simple as that.