SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Dogz

WPoS

Who are the UND fans goign to root for?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the UND fans goign to root for?

• Gophers, UND needs the space.
    • Bulldogs, can't root for the evil Gophers.

Blais has it right. We are in the driver's seat for the Cup. Just have to take care of business and hope, of course, that the Dogz stumble at least a shade.

I guess Blais is right, seeing as how if the Sioux win the rest of their remaining games (including the 2 at the DECC), they will win the McNaughton. BUT, you didn't hear the Dogs, when they were 1-2 points back of the Sioux, shooting their mouths off anbout how they felt they were in the drivers seat. I understand that Blais has to keep a positive attitude about his teams chances (which are still VERY good), but he also must give respect where respect is due. Teams that don't, get BURNED at the DECC (were you watching this weekend?). Both the Dogs and Sioux "control their own destiny", to use a cliche.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Increases the liklihood of a Gopher-CC first round play-off matchup. While I would hate to see the Gophers miss the Final Five, I would get over it. Same with the dance, although they should take a seed there barring a complete collapse.

Hum, that is an interesting match up. I like it. I think the Gophers would prevail but they would probably be beat up for the Final Five. Hum, I like it more and more.

Hum, that is an interesting match up. I like it. I think the Gophers would prevail but they would probably be beat up for the Final Five. Hum, I like it more and more.

As do I, not to mention that, after what would probably be a three game series, they would play Thursday night!! :)

I guess Blais is right, seeing as how if the Sioux win the rest of their remaining games (including the 2 at the DECC), they will win the McNaughton. BUT, you didn't hear the Dogs, when they were 1-2 points back of the Sioux, shooting their mouths off anbout how they felt they were in the drivers seat. I understand that Blais has to keep a positive attitude about his teams chances (which are still VERY good), but he also must give respect where respect is due. Teams that don't, get BURNED at the DECC (were you watching this weekend?). Both the Dogs and Sioux "control their own destiny", to use a cliche.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. What Blais is saying is that the Sioux control their own destiny. They don't have to depend on anyone else to win games for them to win the cup. They can do it themselves.

That doesn't deny that UMD is in the same situation. If the Sioux play like they should against Mankato and Tech, it will mean the league should come down to the series in Duluth. It will be a dog fight no pun intended.

GreyEagle . . . .

Of course I would hate to see the Gophers stumble out of the Final Five, although I do wish to see CC make their own regional. I also have a strong need to see the Sioux in Colorado the end of March, as it is there where we bought our tickets.

That said, a Sioux-Gophers Final Five match-up would be near priceless.

The only thing better would be a meet in the Springs, or, better yet, in Bean Town.

Sure, the Dogs are good, but what the heck were Lucia and the boys thinking.

Getting swept!! It does, perhaps, show a chronic lack of heart or, more likely, conditioning.

You could tell the Gophs were used to the big rink, especially on the PK. They were not pressuring with the same energy that UMD was. Almost like they thought the players were still 20 feet farther away in all directions. Still it was not UM's fault, no question UMD has the best PP in the league right now.

You could tell the Gophs were used to the big rink, especially on the PK. They were not pressuring with the same energy that UMD was. Almost like they thought the players were still 20 feet farther away in all directions. Still it was not UM's fault, no question UMD has the best PP in the league right now.

I only saw Friday's game in its entirety, but had the same observation. MN looked frazzled to have someone on them so quickly. UMD also did a good job getting traffic in front of the net.

As for the game Friday, MN just gave up, that was their fault. Gooning it up certainly didn't help. Add in a hungry, disiplined, and talented UMD team and you have the recipe for a rout. Hard to compete when you have your heads up your.....

MN seamed to have a little jump on Saturday (I only saw 1/2 of the 1st period) and were beat by a team that is clearly better.

BTW Dogz - congrats on a well earned sweep and good luck the rest of the way - I'd love to see UMD win the league. This though, I'm sure, will go over like a fart in church here. :)

WPoS

Seemed that UMD uses the DECC's shortcomings as a modern rink to their best advantage also. I can't remember seeing so many same team player collisions as during the line changes this weekend. Looked like LA traffic jam for a while.

Again, UMD the better team, UND better watch out, the Dogs are hot, and they are not the cheap ball park ones either....

WPoS

PA was kind of tough on the boys today singling out WPOS, I thought it was kind of funny. PA mentioned the POI Gang too.

well, yah. I did hear that, but I think it was Dubay. I guess leaving ONE game early since '87 counts me a "bad" Gopher fan. Especially since Ticket Ba$tard double sold my seats and sent me the wrong tickets ( got tickets for the UMD/Tech game! WTF!). So I had to:

#1 pay a fee to get tickets I never got

#2 stand in line for my "replacement ticket", i.e.: a scrap of paper with scribbling on it

#3 have people sit in the seats I paid for and have no recourse but to find ANY place to stand and watch the carnage

#4 place I stood I had to lean forward ALL GAME and lean on a roof beam to not fall on the people in front of me

So after the walk over the the Garden it just seemed better to stay there and drink a few pitchers instead.

Dubay can kiss my left one!

WPoS

well, yah. I did hear that, but I think it was Dubay. I guess leaving ONE game early since '87 counts me a "bad" Gopher fan. Especially since Ticket Ba$tard double sold my seats and sent me the wrong tickets ( got tickets for the UMD/Tech game! WTF!). So I had to:

#1 pay a fee to get tickets I never got

#2 stand in line for my "replacement ticket", i.e.: a scrap of paper with scribbling on it

#3 have people sit in the seats I paid for and have no recourse but to find ANY place to stand and watch the carnage

#4 place I stood I had to lean forward ALL GAME and lean on a roof beam to not fall on the people in front of me

So after the walk over the the Garden it just seemed better to stay there and drink a few pitchers instead.

Dubay can kiss my left one!

WPoS

I guess we need to give WPOS some rube cred then. The boys seemed a little harsh on the radio on Monday anyways. I wounder is PA even stayed to watch the game or not. PA isn't what I would call the most knowledgeable hockey fan anyways.

I was at the Friday night CC game and was appalled at how many people cheered when it was announced that UMD was beating U of M. I don't care if you hate the Gophers or not... we're in a battle for 1st place with UMD, not U of M.

I was thinking that too. I'll be honest, I love it when U of M gets theirs, but I certainly couldn't cheer about it on Friday night. I think the loud cheering was from the hockey illiterates... you could hear the disapproval of the real fans among the noise.

Aside, there was certainly a loud cheer in Duluth on Saturday when they announced a 4-1 CC lead over UND. Talk about pumping up a crowd and the team. There was no stopping UMD after that. I have to say, my first trip to the DECC was a blast. They have a great atmosphere in that building... I certainly will be back.

I have to admit, the gopher parents at the Holiday Inn were pretty cool too. Misery loves company. :)

I was thinking that too. I'll be honest, I love it when U of M gets theirs, but I certainly couldn't cheer about it on Friday night. I think the loud cheering was from the hockey illiterates... you could hear the disapproval of the real fans among the noise.

Aside, there was certainly a loud cheer in Duluth on Saturday when they announced a 4-1 CC lead over UND. Talk about pumping up a crowd and the team. There was no stopping UMD after that. I have to say, my first trip to the DECC was a blast. They have a great atmosphere in that building... I certainly will be back.

I have to admit, the gopher parents at the Holiday Inn were pretty cool too. Misery loves company. :lol:

I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I heard that UMD was sweeping the Gophers because UND is now in a war for the top spot in the league. If they keep one of the two tops spots they will be ok though...

Sorry on this one boys and girls. Folks cheering for the UMD trouncing of UM at the game are not hockey illiterates.

Did I know that the sweep would put the Sioux behind a mild eight ball? Sure.

Did I know that the sweep would be UMD's first ever season sweep of the Goophs? You bet.

Did I know that the Gophers loss, and the CC win, would further increase the liklihood of those two clubs meeting in the first round? Yup.

Did I prefer that the Feb. 27-28 series be a potential showdown for the McNaugton Cup, with the Sioux still having a final home series in hand while the Dogs had another dogfight ahead of them? Absolutely.

Not hockey illiterate by any means. Just a die hard Sioux fan first, and a solid WCHA and college hockey fan.

So what if the Sioux have their mettle tested a bit down the stretch? It will be good for them come playoff time.

Sorry Airmail. No hockey illiterates were cheering for the Bulldog sweep. Quite to the contrary I would say. This "real fans" groaning stuff is fluff.

What can be better than facing it off with the Dogs for the title, while the Gophers find themselves with some desparate Tigers by the tail?

WPoS . . .

Gonna go to Mankato on Saturday with the chillen.

You gonna be cooking the swill on Friday before the puck drops?

If not, I've got the 6th of March circled on my calendar to join you POI boys down by the railroad tracks before the Huskie game. Will the still be cooking then?

You want me to bus in some hookers for you and the boys?

You guys ain't laying in the weeds to beat me up, is ya? Come to think of it, I could probably use a good beating.

See you soon. Have fun with Alaska. They are a sneaky bunch, and have some good players. One an old Sioux boy.

I would bet my life on a Gophers sweep this weekend, but then again, I lost my soul to the dark side years ago.

Sioux need four in 'Kato. At the rate that we are putting the biscuit in the basket, that might be tough, but for the fact that 'Kato seems to want to give them away in droves.

Friday? Or the 5th-6th? Can I wear my Sioux gear?

WPoS . . .

Gonna go to Mankato on Saturday with the chillen.

You gonna be cooking the swill on Friday before the puck drops?

If not, I've got the 6th of March circled on my calendar to join you POI boys down by the railroad tracks before the Huskie game. Will the still be cooking then?

You want me to bus in some hookers for you and the boys?

You guys ain't laying in the weeds to beat me up, is ya? Come to think of it, I could probably use a good beating.

See you soon. Have fun with Alaska. They are a sneaky bunch, and have some good players. One an old Sioux boy.

I would bet my life on a Gophers sweep this weekend, but then again, I lost my soul to the dark side years ago.

Sioux need four in 'Kato. At the rate that we are putting the biscuit in the basket, that might be tough, but for the fact that 'Kato seems to want to give them away in droves.

Friday? Or the 5th-6th? Can I wear my Sioux gear?

the still only operates on Saturday games. Swing on by on the sixth if you want...I understand that the puck action will be at 2 in the afternoon due to squeeky ball playing at 7 pm :lol:. So watch POI for time we'll be there. As for garb, wear what you feel is safe :0 . Maybe be slightly toned down a bit. :huh:

WPoS