SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Beavers - FRIDAY

AZSIOUX

But you can have your team "ready to play"... this team wasn't even close to being ready to go at 737. That is on the coaching staff...the lack to effort thereaftet...on the players.

Maybe the players don't feel appreciated enough in REA? Perhaps a few million more in locker room and lounge renovations would help.

You can't coach effort but you can play the right players that will bring effort always like St Clair. It just baffles me that he wasn't in. I don't know a player that plays harder than St Clair does.

Throw in Panz too. 2 players stick out as to why they keep get continued opportunities... OD first. 4 years running of the longest leash Hak has given any player IMO. Took him a whole 2 period to go from top line to 3rd line as he skated w the 2 Fr. in the 3rd period. Next Murphy...the next OD for Hak? Was a bust last year. Got the monkey off his back last Sunday by finally scoring...in an exhibition game. Did nothing last night whatsoever. Plenty of guys did nothing last night but these 2 have a repeated history of doing nothing yet my guess is both will play again tonight.

• Upvote 1

But you can have your team "ready to play"... this team wasn't even close to being ready to go at 737. That is on the coaching staff...the lack to effort thereafter...on the players.

First to the BSU at home in.......44 years.

Nothing like getting licked by the Beavers...oh wait...shouldn't it be..........

Well said. This team never lacks talent but the lack of effort in some games is frustrating. They should know a small school full of Johnny try-hards are going to come into that rink buzzing. Embarrassing, but tonight's a new night. Guys need to play.

So far I have been pretty disappointed with parks and Mac combo, they are getting dominated by players that are no where near the same pedigree.

Well said. This team never lacks talent but the lack of effort in some games is frustrating. They should know a small school full of Johnny try-hards are going to come into that rink buzzing. Embarrassing, but tonight's a new night. Guys need to play.

So far I have been pretty disappointed with parks and Mac combo, they are getting dominated by players that are no where near the same pedigree.

Not to through Macmillan under the bus but he has done nothing in the exhibition game and now this game too. Hak needs to challenge him. Is that Mark out there? He sure is looking like his brother Mitch lately on the ice and we don't want that.

I want't Chyzk to play with some better players. Split up the senior line. I want Olson in the lineup. I want Sanderson out of the line up.

I want the coaches to teach Pogs to have two hands on his stick more. He also fell a ton last night. He's got to be better than that. :-)

I want a statement win tonight. They don't need to win 6-1. I want to see compete level and relentless effort with better play in all areas and facets of the game. Zane regroup. You got this.

Taylor Swift one said, "Shake it off" ;-)

Where were last year's players that went to the frozen four? Essentially the same team with added highly regarded frosh. Where was the overwhelming forecheck and the D that gave up almost no oddman situations. This looked much like the SLU game last November after which the player's only meeting occurred. Maybe they need another meeting already. Bemidji looked more like that team than did the Sioux.

No way Poganski plays before Chyzyk. Bryn made some poor plays but IMO he played w the most speed and jump of akmost any forward.

Yeah I could see those two being swapped, if there were more choices I probably would have had them both out. Chyzk made more happen but also had more mistakes and some real bad turnovers, didn't see a whole lot of mistakes from Poganski but he didn't make much of anything happen either.

But you can have your team "ready to play"... this team wasn't even close to being ready to go at 737. That is on the coaching staff...the lack to effort thereafter...on the players.

First loss to the BSU at home in.......44 years.

Nothing like getting licked by the Beavers...oh wait...shouldn't it be..........

You're right-and Hak is pretty much quoted as that in the Herald article saying, "this one's on me."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-hockey-und-falls-hard-bemidji-state-opener

First loss to the BSU at home in.......44 years.

I would also add that I believe Hak puts a lot of responsibility on the captains in making sure the team is ready to go. I really didn't think we would have one of these no compete games especially in the season opener with a guy like Pattyn as a captain. IMO a lot of making sure the team is ready to play is on the upperclassmen and leadership as well as the staff.

Coach should have had a run last night on the way to Bemidji, first man to 5 miles gets on the bus, first man to six miles gets on the bus...   etc,  Seriously, I have no idea how to inspire people, so all I can do is cheer harder and hope for the best.  I did text my wife at the game last night to "Cheer Better"

Coach should have had a run last night on the way to Bemidji, first man to 5 miles gets on the bus, first man to six miles gets on the bus... etc, Seriously, I have no idea how to inspire people, so all I can do is cheer harder and hope for the best. I did text my wife at the game last night to "Cheer Better"

Fruit snacks and juice boxes work to inspire some....ages 5-7. Try that?

I'd revoke every scholarship and suspend the coaches without pay. '#2 in the country', at home, opening night, against bemidji!? Hahahaha, that was the most pathetic thing I've seen in along time. I'm find with a loss, but that was unacceptable.

I'd revoke every scholarship and suspend the coaches without pay. '#2 in the country', at home, opening night, against bemidji!? Hahahaha, that was the most pathetic thing I've seen in along time. I'm find with a loss, but that was unacceptable.

Pretty pathetic, we all waited 6 months for that crap.  Honestly, 21-16-15 should all sit tonight.  I thought Parks' played the laziest game I have ever seen a UND player, play.

My last two cents... I know the team did not have an off-day this week after playing the exhibiton game on Sunday. They do have intense business-like practices. Could have we been a little tired from the work week? No excuses with the home opener in the sold out crowd etc. But maybe our guys were feeling a little fatigue? Tonight I can't give them that excuse because they have to play and win no matter what.

My last two sense. I know the team did not have an off-day this week after playing the exhibiton game on Sunday. They do have intense business-like practices. Could have we been a little tired from the work week? No excuses with the home opener in the sold out crowd. But maybe our guys were feeling a little fatigue. Tonight I can't give them that excuse because they have to play to win based on pure effort and compete.

Tired of the "business like" references...especially from Hak. Anyone in a real job that would have put forth an effort like the coaches and players last night more than likely would be asked not to return to work the next day. "Vacation like" is a more apt term.

Tired of the "business like" references...especially from Hak. Anyone in a real job that would have put forth an effort like the coaches and players last night more than likely would be asked not to return to work the next day. "Vacation like" is a more apt term.

Then you must live in a cocoon, because everybody I know works with people they swear are the laziest people in the world. I bet 75 percent of the people on this site have posted from work. People have expectations of Hakstol and his players that they don't have for themselves or their kids.