SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Agreed. UND's athletic administration needs to show that they're even serious about winning at the FCS level, first. Even if everything goes according to plan, it will take two to three years before UND is competing for a conference championship. 

And we haven't come close to showing that yet.  I'm so tired of hearing from Bison fans I could puke.  How did we let our program get so far down this Muss-hole?  I am really frustrated about our lack of demanding a winner.

• Upvote 1

I'm still thinking that FBS minus the Power 5 is going to be a whole different animal in a few short years.  I'm not saying UND, FU, SDSU, USD should necessarily make the jump, but it may turn out to be a smaller jump than before.  

I can see each Power 5 conference going to 16 teams, cherry picking schools like Boise State, San Diego State, etc., with a big buy in...maybe up to 10 million each.  Maybe even more.  Then, the remnants of the FBS will scrape together what they have and form a new subdivision.  Maybe, just maybe, the BSC could be a part of that.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah....a whole conference can't move up according to the rules...now.  That could change, and change quickly.

I would like to say, "Let's see what shakes out".  But, I think that UND and other FCS schools in a better position (I don't care about the win/loss thing,  UND is a flagship school with resources to do this...) should prepare for a potential move.  I think Fullerton is the right guy for the job with the BSC right now. 

• Upvote 1

And we haven't come close to showing that yet.  I'm so tired of hearing from Bison fans I could puke.  How did we let our program get so far down this Muss-hole?  I am really frustrated about our lack of demanding a winner.

If they win a fourth straight, their administration should seriously consider a move up.  I hate to agree with a third class felon who cried like a little girl in a courtroom in Jamestown, but they should prepare for a move up. 

I think a big part of the problem is expectations.  I have read so much analysis here that bubba has things on the "right track". Now, I believe that bubba will bring the program where it needs to go, but I have seen nothing yet on the bottom line for me to conclude it is on the right track.  A good recruiting class?  Yeah, I heard that with Muss too.  First game was a blowout, so I can take nothing from that.

Again, I believe he will get it done but if we can say the program is "on the right track" after what we've seen so far, then the expectations for any FB coach here is far too low.

• Upvote 1

I think a big part of the problem is expectations.  I have read so much analysis here that bubba has things on the "right track". Now, I believe that bubba will bring the program where it needs to go, but I have seen nothing yet on the bottom line for me to conclude it is on the right track.  A good recruiting class?  Yeah, I heard that with Muss too.  First game was a blowout, so I can take nothing from that.

Again, I believe he will get it done but if we can say the program is "on the right track" after what we've seen so far, then the expectations for any FB coach here is far too low.

It's sad to say, but here "on track" has come to mean not giving up during the game and not dicking around on the sidelines.  That's how low we let this program get.  

If they win a fourth straight, their administration should seriously consider a move up.  I hate to agree with a third class felon who cried like a little girl in a courtroom in Jamestown, but they should prepare for a move up.

It's like what's left? In ten short years in FCS, it's seems like they have tied or broke lots of records. Most consecutive championships, most consecutive wins in a row, highest win percent vs FBS.

It's like what's left? In ten short years in FCS, it's seems like they have tied or broke lots of records. Most consecutive championships, most consecutive wins in a row, highest win percent vs FBS.

I see them moving up if either the MW or the Big 12 invited them and they won't. No chance at a NC just a crappy bowl game and maybe a SB invite. Instead of Boise St 2.0 they would look more like Idaho 2.0 especially with no chance at a new stadium unless Phil Hansen has some leftover NFL money stashed away.

I see them moving up if either the MW or the Big 12 invited them and they won't. No chance at a NC just a crappy bowl game and maybe a SB invite. Instead of Boise St 2.0 they would look more like Idaho 2.0 especially with no chance at a new stadium unless Phil Hansen has some leftover NFL money stashed away.

If NDSU were in the MAC, they'd probably run the table and play in a BCS bowl this season. Point is, they appear capable, at least presently. If they end the season with another NC, I think it's a no brainer NDSU's administration should look into move-up opportunities.

If NDSU were in the MAC, they'd probably run the table and play in a BCS bowl this season. Point is, they appear capable, at least presently. If they end the season with another NC, I think it's a no brainer NDSU's administration should look into move-up opportunities.

Except the MAC is pretty far from NDSU's footprint just like UND in the Big Sky. A lot of trips to Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and even Buffalo. So travel costs will go up then you have olympic sports, 1 mil to leave the SL, OUCH. After that problem you have the Fargodome. 19k so attendance requirement is okay but they botch some seasons and you definitely have Idaho 2.0. Look how long it took them to get funds for the SHAC, without Sanford that doesn't happen.

Except the MAC is pretty far from NDSU's footprint just like UND in the Big Sky. A lot of trips to Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and even Buffalo. So travel costs will go up then you have olympic sports, 1 mil to leave the SL, OUCH. After that problem you have the Fargodome. 19k so attendance requirement is okay but they botch some seasons and you definitely have Idaho 2.0. Look how long it took them to get funds for the SHAC, without Sanford that doesn't happen.

Idaho was never real impressive at the FCS level, so no precedent there. Plus MVFC presently includes teams from Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. If the MWC or Big 12 called, I'm sure NDSU would look into it also, but there may be logistical issues there in that situation.

A team just doesn't "move up" under the present NCAA rules. To move FCS --> FBS you must have an invitation from an FBS conference.

The options aren't great in this region. The nearest FBS conferences are the MAC (and they seem to look east and have closer options like Youngstown State), the Big Ten or Big Twelve (but those two want television sets for cable revenue), or the Mountain West (which has become very southwest, with the closest schools to ND being Wyoming and Boise State).

This is where SiouxVolley's theory comes into play.

Eastern Washington almost takes down the University of Washington today.  The 12th place team in the Big Sky last year, Weber State, gives NDSU all they want tonight in Ogden.    The Big Sky is definitely going to be one tough conference   . Eastern Washington hangs 52 on Washington.  . EWU offense  is unreal.