SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I think they stopped playing him in the 2nd.

I think they put him with Seabrook in the third.  He not playing great but he also hasn't played a ton of hockey this year.  At his age it must be hard sitting for that long.  He's such a smart player, he'll bounce back.  I'm glad they have him.

I would argue the vermette trade was worse.  However, if they can get lucky and win the cup than its all worth it.

• Upvote 1

I think they put him with Seabrook in the third.  He not playing great but he also hasn't played a ton of hockey this year.  At his age it must be hard sitting for that long.  He's such a smart player, he'll bounce back.  I'm glad they have him.

I would argue the vermette trade was worse.  However, if they can get lucky and win the cup than its all worth it.

I think they said he had one shift in the third.

Well if true, it was with seabrook :). His skating isn't where it needs to be right now.

Which goes back to my original point - a player with a medical issue who hasn't played all season and who has said that this will be his last year of playing hockey before retiring...Oduya goes down with an injury and Chicago throws away a couple of high draft picks in a pure panic move to get him.

He makes some plays that you wonder wow how did he pull that off and he will also make some that you wonder what the heck was he thinking. He was brought in primarily as another scorer and after a very slow start his production wasn't too bad with 21 goals and 31 assists. Some people freak out over every little thing with him and I think those people had the expectation that he was gonna come in and be the best player on the team which wasn't realistic at this point in his career. For me he has produced pretty much the way I thought he would and I don't mind him at all although at times he does get a little lazy which is frustrating.

Lazy - check!

Disappears in the playoffs - check!

Lazy - check!

Disappears in the playoffs - check!

He hasn't been too bad so far. He hasn't been able to put the puck in the net which is what the Wild need from him but he has created some good chances and just not finished hitting a few posts in the Blues series. He did have 2 assists in game 1 against Chicago so hopefully that gets him going.

He hasn't been too bad so far. He hasn't been able to put the puck in the net which is what the Wild need from him but he has created some good chances and just not finished hitting a few posts in the Blues series. He did have 2 assists in game 1 against Chicago so hopefully that gets him going.

Other than always being the 5th guy back into the defensive zone every time against the Blues he was invisible until the end of the 2nd period of game 5. He followed that up with a strong 3rd period and a pretty solid game 6.  I thought he had his best game of the playoffs in game 1 against the Hawks but last night he was terrible again.

It seems like every Wild game I watch, there's a replay of a breakaway of some sort where you see Vanek, in the background of the shot, standing flat footed watching the other team race away, and it's often because of a poor pass/decision on his part.  He's had his ups and downs this season, but he's routinely frustrated the hell out of me!

Good start from the Wild but then they got back to what killed them in games 1 & 2 with the careless turnovers. Dubnyk was solid but you can't give that goal up. The 4th line hasn't been good all series but looks even worse tonight with the addition of Carter in place of Haula. Would be nice to just once see the Wild stand up and do something when someone takes a late slash or little hit to one of their teammates like what happened at the end of the period.